FEAR

The Arcade is full of people talking about video games.

Which would you avoid the most?

facing a snake
10%
flying
8%
going out on a boat past the sight of land
13%
facing a spider
19%
repelling down a high cliff
10%
being caught in a malfunctioning elevator
17%
no fears
10%
swarm of bees/hornets
13%

Total votes : 48

Re: FEAR

Postby Harley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:06 pm

I would have to say the cliff, I have immense fear of being in high places.  I always fear someone is going to push me over edges that are high up, like balconies, high bridges, rooftops, so I usually try to stay away from places like that.  I think it's a trust issue.
Harley

Postby Cowboy79 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:39 pm

The cliff one because If i'm high up somewhere I feel like I'll fall down from someplace high.
Cowboy79
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Postby Lion » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:10 pm

Snakes for me. I also dislike needles and roller-coaster rides. The rides look fun from the ground, but I don't think I can hack it!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]
Lion

Postby Storm86 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:13 pm

you know youse guys are just giving me material for 09 right? :badgrin:
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]
Storm86
Scout
Scout

Postby Twitch » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:55 pm

Lions is the only other to say snakes.  I avoid them.  Problem is only when I don't know if they're poisonous or not.  I'm not afraid to handle them though but ain't into dangerous ones. :)
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/Twitch98/greetings.jpg[/img]
Twitch
Warrior

Postby Journey » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:58 pm

Twitch wrote:Lions is the only other to say snakes.  I avoid them.  Problem is only when I don't know if they're poisonous or not.  I'm not afraid to handle them though but ain't into dangerous ones. :)

Of that list i put snakes as well, cant exactly stop venom comin at your face now can ya
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]
Journey

Postby the wigan warrior » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:02 pm

sorry i already posted but i missed this one out... i'm absolutely terrified of small spaces :cry:
and i used to have the biggest ever fear of clowns and baloons.. still don't like clowns though :(
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/66ext/2wfn1qu.jpg[/img]
the wigan warrior
Warrior

Postby The Warriors 9 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Bees and spiders used to creep me out but am much better as of late, but heights o man you get me up on a roof or over 5 ft off the ground its all over for me.

Ferris wheel or roller coaster would for sure be a heart check for me.

Never had a problem when I was young but for the longest time since I'm like a little girl. :roll:
Worlds 2nd biggest Orphans Fan.
The Warriors 9

Postby LIPPY » Tue May 02, 2006 10:26 am

the wigan warrior wrote:sorry i already posted but i missed this one out... i'm absolutely terrified of small spaces :cry:
and i used to have the biggest ever fear of clowns and baloons.. still don't like clowns though :(

I live in a seaside town with a lot of arcades/amusements dotted about the place. One of the things that used to terrify me when I was a nipper were them clowns in the glass boxes. You know, the big buggers that would move around mechanically, laughing in a repeated pattern when you put money in the slot. Thinkin' about it now, it's STILL a bit disturbing. Luckily, you don't see them around so much these days!
I voted for 'spiders' on this poll though. I was stupid and bought a 'Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula' with my first pay-packet years ago. It was the biggest and meanest looking one in the shop, so that's why I think I went for it. It was a blacky brown colour with white stripes on it's legs and a bright white tuft of hair where it's eyes were. I was warned by the bloke in the shop not to handle it as it was aggressive (as if I was gonna handle it!!). I got it home (in it's tank of course) and sat watching it for hours. It wouldn't move about too much, but when it did it was in an eery 'cat' like way. So smoothly. It would also move like lightning when it wanted too. Man it was quick! I was too scared to open the sliding doors and refill it's water bowl, so I'd pour it through the holes in the top of the tank to the bowl below. Feeding it Crickets was a heart attack inducing moment every time too. Open the slide door, pop a couple of crickets in and shut the door in the blink of an eye! You'd never see it eat them though. Only when you'd wake up next morning and check the tank would you see that all the crickets had gone. I even bought it a nice big juicy locust. That was in there, walking about with the spider for months before I woke up and saw just a pair of wings sitting there. Arrr. Anyway I had to sell it in the end because basically I was just too scared of it. Especially after it shedded it's skin and was blacker than it had ever looked before. I'd imagine waking up and seeing the sliding door left open or something. It went to a good home though... bless it's little cotton socks.  :D
Hold your tongue...
LIPPY

Postby Coneygirl25 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:18 am

I voted for the boat but I'm afraid of spiders too! I'm really scared of brown recluses. I've seen pictures of somebody that has gotten bit by one and it's really gross. It started out as a tiny bite but soon it gets bigger (if you don't cure it) and it starts to rot.
Coneygirl25

Postby Music Man Snow » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:07 am

I'm afraid of heights, so probably a cliff. If not a a cliff, a horny gorilla.
" We're going in there like everybody else. Nine guys, no weapons. "
Music Man Snow

Postby turnbull_badger » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:22 am

i hate bees/wasps/needles i can't have any vaccinations at the doctors because i wont let them near me with a needle, the only person i trust with a sharp object is me
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]
turnbull_badger

Postby Swan Owns All » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:58 pm

I think that being on a Malfunctioning elevator would be the scariest because if that drops you are dead and i hate that feeling in my stomach on like rollercoasters and stuff.................. :cry:
You Warriors are good, real good.....The Best
Swan Owns All

Postby MiddleMan07 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:30 pm

LIPPY wrote:
the wigan warrior wrote:sorry i already posted but i missed this one out... i'm absolutely terrified of small spaces :cry:

I live in a seaside town with a lot of arcades/amusements dotted about the place. One of the things that used to terrify me when I was a nipper were them clowns in the glass boxes. You know, the big buggers that would move around mechanically, laughing in a repeated pattern when you put money in the slot. Thinkin' about it now, it's STILL a bit disturbing. Luckily, you don't see them around so much these days!
I voted for 'spiders' on this poll though. I was stupid and bought a 'Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula' with my first pay-packet years ago. It was the biggest and meanest looking one in the shop, so that's why I think I went for it. It was a blacky brown colour with white stripes on it's legs and a bright white tuft of hair where it's eyes were. I was warned by the bloke in the shop not to handle it as it was aggressive (as if I was gonna handle it!!). I got it home (in it's tank of course) and sat watching it for hours. It wouldn't move about too much, but when it did it was in an eery 'cat' like way. So smoothly. It would also move like lightning when it wanted too. Man it was quick! I was too scared to open the sliding doors and refill it's water bowl, so I'd pour it through the holes in the top of the tank to the bowl below. Feeding it Crickets was a heart attack inducing moment every time too. Open the slide door, pop a couple of crickets in and shut the door in the blink of an eye! You'd never see it eat them though. Only when you'd wake up next morning and check the tank would you see that all the crickets had gone. I even bought it a nice big juicy locust. That was in there, walking about with the spider for months before I woke up and saw just a pair of wings sitting there. Arrr. Anyway I had to sell it in the end because basically I was just too scared of it. Especially after it shedded it's skin and was blacker than it had ever looked before. I'd imagine waking up and seeing the sliding door left open or something. It went to a good home though... bless it's little cotton socks.  :D

Well that was really graphic, but a good post none the less! *****  8)
Good.. Real Good.. The Best. [GOODFELLAZ CL1Q '20O6']
[BROUGHT THE FURIES INTERVIEW TO THE PUBL1C]
(fear the elite. New Forum Order.)
MiddleMan07
Warrior

Postby bigfoot » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:25 am

i have the biggest fear of hights so i wouldnt be caught dead repelling down mountains.
bigfoot

PreviousNext

Return to The Arcade [Game Chat]