The Rap Thread!!!

Hook up with other people who love music!

The Rap Thread!!!

Postby R3mbrandtfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:19 pm

I have noticed all the diffrent rock thread's so i decided to start a rap thread! Here you can talk about From original funk and soul pioneers to the early 90's gangsta rap to even new rap! feel free to talk about anything about rap you want!

Has anyone heard of Da lench Mob? There a group in the early 90's in the west coast rap scene. I love the song Gurrila's in the mist
[img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3470/theothersig1bf3.png[/img]
You got the stuff? I want you to hit everything in sight. I want everyone to know the Warriors were there. -Cleon
R3mbrandtfan

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby CleonWarlord » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:19 pm

gurillas in tha mist is awesome. Only rap i enjoy is 90's, from the likes of Cypress Hill, snoop and DRE, The D.O.C, Gang starr. The rap now has just gotten out of hand.
CleonWarlord

Postby R3mbrandtfan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:07 am

i agree i don't like new rap that much theres only a couple songs i like but i do like early 90's rap, 80's turntabilism and rap during there age and i like 70's funk, soul and jazz since thats where rap was created from
[img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3470/theothersig1bf3.png[/img]
You got the stuff? I want you to hit everything in sight. I want everyone to know the Warriors were there. -Cleon
R3mbrandtfan

Postby MiddleMan07 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:07 pm

rap is neat.
MiddleMan07
Warrior

Postby Journey » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:25 pm

Sugarhill Gang... the one and only... im into tyhe more funky hip hop myself... u know... takin it OLD SCHOOL!!!  ;)
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]
Journey

Postby Lion » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:00 pm

I like all kinds of music, but like everything else, some rap is good and some other rap has got to go!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]
Lion

Postby warlord jp » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:23 am

The rap that works for me is the early 1990s rap. Rapers like Tupac, Eazy e, gurillas in the mist cant be forgotten. Its kind of funny, with all these new rapers out, people still have lots of love for the early 1990 rappers, they still have that space in theyre heart, they still fell them and commemorate them by wearing theyre shirts, and still listenting to them. I am very surprised people in my school that are into rap all they listen to is my man tupac. They deserve this commemoration, they put a whole new name to gangsta rap.
warlord jp

Postby Dowley ov wcb » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:45 pm

Who do you like best G unit or The Game (g unot) I like the Game best and I think that Yayo is the best in G unit. The G unot disses are so funny form stop snitchin stop lyin
Dowley ov wcb

Postby MiddleMan07 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:58 pm

50 likes Kanye.

Game alone dominates G-unit right now. Most people who listen to g-unit are eight grade white kids.
MiddleMan07
Warrior

Postby Kujo_87 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:43 am

MiddleMan07 wrote:
Game alone dominates G-unit right now. Most people who listen to g-unit are eight grade white kids.

:lol: Ain't that the truth. Buck and Lloyd Banks definately have more talent than 50, who's pretty generic now. On "How to Rob" and "Get Rich or Die Tryin" he definately showed that he has more talent, but now it's all crappy "ice rap" or "I'll kill you and ya moms". :roll:

You know the thing that really gets me about 50 though, he raps about being so gangsta and he's not even gangsta. Like when Game's crew went down to Hot 97 to talk to 50, and instead of goin' down to see about them like a real gangsta, he ducked out the back and sent the [glow=blue,2,300] NYPD[/glow] :roll: down instead. You can even see him talking to the fuzz on "Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin'" :evil: I think pretty soon not even Dr. Dre or Sha Money will be able to save his albums.
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8223/sig22ih.png[/img]
                         GO GET IT
Kujo_87

Postby Dowley ov wcb » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:23 pm

I agree with you about fiddy. I used to like him but now I feel that he isn't letting the other members have their time. Some of the songs on stop snitchin stop lyin are brilliant.

I 1st heard of this rapper Papoose on touch it remix so I downloaded some of his songs and I think he is brilliant. I really like Russian Roulete, Alphabetical Slaughter and Hood Pride.
Dowley ov wcb

Postby Furies4life » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:54 pm

Well i listin to underground rap and the popular rap to. Papoose i been listing to him eofre Busta made him big. Thug-a-cation for life LOL. :mrgreen: G-UNit was good but Banks and Yayo can be alone casue they are good. One of Lloyd's Song "Lamborgani Lloyd" is fire. Kanye I really liek and he his on ma top lsit for favortite rappers. Common for me has to be number 1 his rhymes are spirtuel and is respeceted and his flow his just great. These people like Yung Joc and others  are jsut makign big with like 2 hits and are good but the beat is crazy that they use in the song. There is more i just don't feel like typing. :badgrin:
\Image
Furies4life
Warrior

Postby Swans Girl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:51 pm

my fav rapper has 2 b ice cube, i luv his tunes!!! my fav song of his is "good day" awww i know all the words 2 that ive listened 2 it tht much!!! haha
" You Look Like You Might Even Like It"

[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/freerider-nl/SwanGirlSig.jpg[/img]
Swans Girl

Postby MiddleMan07 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:45 pm

Furies4life wrote:Well i listin to underground rap and the popular rap to. Papoose i been listing to him eofre Busta made him big. Thug-a-cation for life LOL. :mrgreen: G-UNit was good but Banks and Yayo can be alone casue they are good. One of Lloyd's Song "Lamborgani Lloyd" is fire. Kanye I really liek and he his on ma top lsit for favortite rappers. Common for me has to be number 1 his rhymes are spirtuel and is respeceted and his flow his just great. These people like Yung Joc and others  are jsut makign big with like 2 hits and are good but the beat is crazy that they use in the song. There is more i just don't feel like typing. :badgrin:

Common is coming to my city pretty soon!
MiddleMan07
Warrior

Postby Furies4life » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:13 am

Common is coming to my city pretty soon!
  Middleman07

Awww You lucky son-of-a-gun  :lol: Are you gonna go to his show?
\Image
Furies4life
Warrior

Next

Return to The Radio Station [Music Chat]