The Rap Thread!!!

Hook up with other people who love music!

Re: The Rap Thread!!!

Postby MiddleMan07 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:38 am

most likely, i try to get to alot of shows in my town, im really into my local scene.. so i try to support as much as i can.
Good.. Real Good.. The Best. [GOODFELLAZ CL1Q '20O6']
[BROUGHT THE FURIES INTERVIEW TO THE PUBL1C]
(fear the elite. New Forum Order.)
MiddleMan07
Warrior

Postby warlord jp » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:44 am

Thats pretty tight middleman. The most known rapper that has been in el paso was nelly.
warlord jp

Postby Furies4life » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:58 pm

Oh ok keep that scene going. I need to see any tour dates if he comeing to NY anythime soon.  Also Big PUn R.I.P his music was great and just good.
\Image
Furies4life
Warrior

Postby Dowley ov wcb » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:22 pm

I have already done this topic before called Rap lol so you can't have searched very well but thanks for bringing it back up. My favourite rappers at the minute after be Kanye Jay-Z Twista Papoose and Game. Anyone no any good songs by any new talent?
Dowley ov wcb

Postby R3mbrandtfan » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:22 am

Sorry dowley :( i did search though ;) But i live 3 miles from downtown Charleston, South carolina so lots of rappers come down here so its all cool.
[img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3470/theothersig1bf3.png[/img]
You got the stuff? I want you to hit everything in sight. I want everyone to know the Warriors were there. -Cleon
R3mbrandtfan

Postby Furies4life » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:29 am

Dowley ov wcb wrote:I have already done this topic before called Rap lol so you can't have searched very well but thanks for bringing it back up. My favourite rappers at the minute after be Kanye Jay-Z Twista Papoose and Game. Anyone no any good songs by any new talent?

Well I know a good artist 15 named Lupe Fiasco. Check His Hit Single "KIck Puch" and another song "Faliure".
\Image
Furies4life
Warrior

Postby warlord jp » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:22 am

There is a new song on the block, its called RIDYNG DIRTY. does anyone like this song?
I think this is one of the best songs of the new rap generation, i now cant get it out of my head!

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrollin' and try'n to catch me ridin dirty!!
lol.
warlord jp

Postby MiddleMan07 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:09 am

warlord jp wrote:There is a new song on the block, its called RIDYNG DIRTY. does anyone like this song?
I think this is one of the best songs of the new rap generation, i now cant get it out of my head!

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
lol.

.... this was out last summer
Good.. Real Good.. The Best. [GOODFELLAZ CL1Q '20O6']
[BROUGHT THE FURIES INTERVIEW TO THE PUBL1C]
(fear the elite. New Forum Order.)
MiddleMan07
Warrior

Postby warlord jp » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:43 pm

MiddleMan07 wrote:
warlord jp wrote:There is a new song on the block, its called RIDYNG DIRTY. does anyone like this song?

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
lol.

.... this was out last summer

Yeah i know that, but its pretty new to me because usually i just listen to 1990s rap, i rarely listen to new rap, so thats what i meant.
warlord jp

Postby prozium » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:30 pm

I take pride in liking a lot of different music styles, from death metal to classical, and hip hop is no exception.

A lot of the MTV rap as I call it is terrible. Flat out terrible. It's killing music as a whole.

My favorite hip hop acst though are: Atmosphere, Dälek, Looptroop, General Patton vs. The Excecutioners and a few assorted others.

Dälek and Atmosphere are clear favorites though.
SUPER HAPPY PINEAPPLE MAN!

PLEASE RESIZE YOUR SIG TO THE CURRENT RULES

[img]http://www.marconelweb.it/thewarriors1979/images/UserBar/userbar_Punks.jpg[/img]
prozium

Postby warlord jp » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:53 pm

There are only a few members in the forum that like rap, the majority of you guys hate it! Come on guys!!
I understand a lot of rap songs that come out in mtv suck, but a lot of rap songs are pretty tight. The background music in these new rap songs are extraordinary, and are solid to listen to in your ear up close. But the true heart of rap lies in the 1980s, and 1990s rap. But i still dont think the rap songs of this generation arent that bad. I guess everybody has their own likeness of music, but i dont get why a lot of you guys hate rap.
warlord jp

Postby turnbull_badger » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:20 pm

i only like rock rap, like rage against the machine and linkin park (they have a bit of rap). i can't stand all that 50 cent crap! actually i don't mind ludacris, i have a few of his songs.
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/turnbull123/turnballbadger.jpg[/img]
turnbull_badger

Postby cowboy rules » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:25 pm

turnbull_badger wrote:i only like rock rap, like rage against the machine and linkin park (they have a bit of rap). i can't stand all that 50 cent crap! actually i don't mind ludacris, i have a few of his songs.

I like a lot of rap songs, but like TB I hate 50 Cent. I cant stand the guy!! Or The Game, I really dont like them lol.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/stevend06/resiz1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/stevend06/Untitled-2.gif[/img]

"Those were some desperatre dudes! Hey...so was we!!"
"I had sex last night....WITH A GIRL!!!!"
cowboy rules

Postby LIPPY » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:35 am

prozium wrote:I take pride in liking a lot of different music styles, from death metal to classical, and hip hop is no exception.

A lot of the MTV rap as I call it is terrible. Flat out terrible. It's killing music as a whole.

My favorite hip hop acst though are: Atmosphere, Dälek, Looptroop, General Patton vs. The Excecutioners and a few assorted others.

Solid. I LOVE hip-hop. As KRS 1 said, it's a way of life. B-Boy's, MC's, Grafitti artists and DJ's.

In my eyes, what we see on TV nowadays ISN'T hip-hop. That's something completely different. It's plastic. It's airbrushed. It's blinged up. It's filled with syrup and sugar, then packaged for all to consume. And consume they do... MTV ringtone pop rap is a bit like McDonald's... it's bad for you, but you just can't help yourself, can ya?!  :p

Warlord jp, you say you can't understand why a lot of us guys hate today's rap. Well, imagine eating a gigantic donut with a few friends, taking a bite now and then. Then imagine someone coming along and dumping a ton of icing on that donut and filling it with chocolate, just so that a million more people can have a bite... wait, why am I talking donuts?  :? I know what I mean anyway...  :doubt:
Last edited by LIPPY on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hold your tongue...
LIPPY

Postby prozium » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:24 pm

LIPPY wrote:
prozium wrote:I take pride in liking a lot of different music styles, from death metal to classical, and hip hop is no exception.

Solid. I LOVE hip-hop. As KRS 1 said, it's a way of life. B-Boy's, MC's, Grafitti artists and DJ's.

In my eyes, what we see on TV nowadays ISN'T hip-hop. That's something completely different. It's plastic. It's airbrushed. It's blinged up. It's filled with syrup and sugar, then packaged for all to consume. And consume they do... MTV ringtone pop rap is a bit like McDonald's... it's bad for you, but you just can't help yourself, can ya?!  :p

Warlord jp, you say you can't understand why a lot of us guys hate today's rap. Well, imagine eating a gigantic donut with a few friends, taking a bite now and then. Then imagine someone coming along and dumping a ton of icing on that donut and filling it with chocolate, just so that a million more people can have a bite... wait, why am I talking donuts?  :? I know what I mean anyway...  :doubt:

Thank you! Very smart post. I really like hip hop but like you said, what we see on MTV is not hip hop, it's manufactured by producers to make as much money as possible. It's not even music, it's a money making machine that's blinged out to the max. It's not even about music, it's about image. I could easily make a 50 cent song. EASILY. But as I said, it's about image.

I like your McDonalds analogy, it's very true :D I mean, it's terrible music, but I still dance to it at the clubs.
SUPER HAPPY PINEAPPLE MAN!

PLEASE RESIZE YOUR SIG TO THE CURRENT RULES

[img]http://www.marconelweb.it/thewarriors1979/images/UserBar/userbar_Punks.jpg[/img]
prozium

PreviousNext

Return to The Radio Station [Music Chat]