The Art of Noise

Hook up with other people who love music!

The Art of Noise

Postby Scurvy Dog » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:57 am

Is anyone here into The Art of Noise?

For those of you who don't know who they are (were), they were a British... well, I don't know how to classify them. Not punk - industrial, maybe. They were industrial but not techno. No lyrics, just unusual musical comibinations and noises thrown in.

I really like their stuff. I was introduced to them around 1984 or 1985, when I saw their video for "Close to the Edit" on USA's Night Flight (for those of you who don't know what that show was - ask your parents - they played the stuff that wasn't "mainstream" enough for MTV, along with weird cartoons and clips from old movies).

They also did a remake of the Peter Gunn theme, and the theme from Dragnet. One one of their albums, they later re-released it with Max Headroom talking through the song - I liked the older version better.

This is one group I've never seen mentioned here, so I thought I'd see if anyone else liked them.
Scurvy Dog

Re: The Art of Noise

Postby Lion » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:34 pm

Oh man the A.O.N., wow I remember listening to "Moments In Love" for the 1st time and it just blew me away.  Very relaxing song.  "Beat Box" was another favorite.  And of course my ultimate favorite: "PETER GUNN"!!

Max Headroom, no that's old school Scurv......"Cccccatch the wave".
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]
Lion

Re: The Art of Noise

Postby Lion » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:17 pm

iTunes has Peter Gunn available but it's live.  I remember when I first saw MH, I couldn't make out if he was real or not.  I did think the "special effects" back then were kicking!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]
Lion

Return to The Radio Station [Music Chat]