Full numbers of Warriors

Discuss the various video games based on the movie.

Full numbers of Warriors

Postby vincitygialam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:06 pm

First of all, I apologize if this topic exists or similar to this.

OK, I've played the game and have just finished the 13th mission (before the meeting). I've passed the game hundreds of times and this time I wanted to do something. When I've finished the 13th mission I was, of course, in the hangout. I wanted to count all Warriors, but new bloods, 'cause there weren't main characters there except Swan and Cleon before the meeting mission.

I've always wanted to now how much were they in full numbers except 9 main characters. So I've played with math a lil' bit, and here's my answer:

In hangout, there were 12 New Bloods Warriors and 4 New Bloods Warriors working out, so that's 12 + 4 = 16

If we count 4 more New Bloods Warriors outside the hangout patrolling the C.I. area, we got 12 + 4 + 4 = 20

But, we cannot forget the main characters, the 9 of 'em, so in the end we got 12 + 4 + 4 + 9 = 29

That's it, my boppers! In full numbers there are 29 Warriors! Is that real number or not, I don't know. I just count them all.
vincitygialam

Re: Full numbers of Warriors

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:09 am

Ignore most things from the game, as it's not canon. Take a look at scene 1 in the deleted footage section on this site. Cleon states that there's 120.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Tanner » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Wouldn't deleted scenes be counted as non-canon too, though? Growing up, as far as the film is concerned, I kind of just thought the 9 Warriors we know were the only ones, the total number. Don't you think other gangs would have gone to Coney to kill whatever Warriors were left behind? No other Warriors were ever mentioned in the film as well. Treat the film and game differently, like Ninth Delegate said, but as far as the film goes, it's reasonable to assume that our 9 guys are the only Warriors there are.
Tanner

Postby 4nik8 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:08 am

Tanner wrote:Wouldn't deleted scenes be counted as non-canon too, though?

If we do accept that deleted scenes are non-canon, then we still have numerical revelations from Cyrus' speech (quoting myself from 2011):

First, let's restate the whole quote, and then let's break it down:

"You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 soldiers! Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it?"

“You're standing right now with nine delegates”

Arithmetically, It doesn’t matter how many delegates there are, just how many gangs

“…from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members”

Ok, 100 gangs plus 100 more. Thus, Cyrus is likely estimating, or rounding, that there are 200 gangs. For our purposes, we'll assume major gangs average 100 members

200 gangs * 100 members each = 20,000
So there’s the aforementioned 20,000 hardcore members.

“Forty-thousand counting affiliates…”

This means that there are another 20,000 affiliates, bringing the TOTAL to 40,000

“…and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight”

So, add to the running total another 20,000 non-affiliated criminal types, and:

20K gang members + 20K affiliates of gangs + 20K not organized = 60k = = 60,000 soldiers!

Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it?"
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Return to Video Games