The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Discuss the various video games based on the movie.

The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby Badylugs » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:30 am

Silly Kid Games is currently working on a board game called The Warriors Turf Wars! You'll get to play as the Warriors, the Rogues, the Furies, or the Lizzies, and fight each other and the police to gain control of more turfs. They are still releasing new info everyday as well as artwork on their Facebook page that looks amazing! I can't wait to hear more!! :o :D
Badylugs

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby 4nik8 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:39 am

Badylugs wrote:Silly Kid Games is currently working on a board game called The Warriors Turf Wars! You'll get to play as the Warriors, the Rogues, the Furies, or the Lizzies, and fight each other and the police to gain control of more turfs. They are still releasing new info everyday as well as artwork on their Facebook page that looks amazing! I can't wait to hear more!! :o :D

Any links? Other than this: http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33448/the-warriors-bring-rumble-tabletop
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby Badylugs » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:40 am

4nik8 wrote:
Badylugs wrote:Silly Kid Games is currently working on a board game called The Warriors Turf Wars! You'll get to play as the Warriors, the Rogues, the Furies, or the Lizzies, and fight each other and the police to gain control of more turfs. They are still releasing new info everyday as well as artwork on their Facebook page that looks amazing! I can't wait to hear more!! :o :D

Any links? Other than this: http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33448/the-warriors-bring-rumble-tabletop

Their facebook and website, sillykidgames.com has the most info as of right now.
Badylugs

Postby JuliaSKG » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:49 am

Hey guys, Julia here. I'm the Marketing Director for Silly Kid Games! Because we have to have most everything passed through Paramount Pictures first, what we can release is limited. However, we will have some very exciting news very soon! So be on the lookout! The best places to follow game updates are Facebook.com/sillykidgames as well as Twitter.com/sillykidgames.
Any questions you have, I will be happy to answer as best as I can!
JuliaSKG

Postby 4nik8 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 am

JuliaSKG wrote:Hey guys, Julia here. I'm the Marketing Director for Silly Kid Games! Because we have to have most everything passed through Paramount Pictures first, what we can release is limited. However, we will have some very exciting news very soon! So be on the lookout! The best places to follow game updates are Facebook.com/sillykidgames as well as Twitter.com/sillykidgames.
Any questions you have, I will be happy to answer as best as I can!

As convenient links:

https://www.facebook.com/sillykidgames
https://twitter.com/sillykidgames

Heh - Nice touch on the Tagging:
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby Cochese » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:03 pm

This is the most exciting news I've read on the forum, since the ever impending vinyl release!!
Don't f**k with The Wongs!
Cochese

Postby Night Stalker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:22 am

Hey there Julia, the game sounds like it will be pretty cool from what I read. Do you know offhand if it will it be a collectors edition type of game with "Limited Numbers" produced? Great that Paramount is allowing it to be marketed. Lookin' forward to it! ~Peace out~
Night Stalker

Postby JuliaSKG » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:19 am

We hope everyone becomes as excited as we are! Here is some of our promotional artwork for the game! What do ya think of our Swan?
swan.png
swan.png (365.32 KiB) Viewed 6195 times
JuliaSKG

Postby JuliaSKG » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:23 am

Night Stalker wrote:Hey there Julia, the game sounds like it will be pretty cool from what I read. Do you know offhand if it will it be a collectors edition type of game with "Limited Numbers" produced? Great that Paramount is allowing it to be marketed. Lookin' forward to it! ~Peace out~

Great question! What I can say now, is that the first print we do is a special limited edition version. However, another addition will be printed for retail later!
JuliaSKG

Postby JuliaSKG » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:25 am

Cochese wrote:This is the most exciting news I've read on the forum, since the ever impending vinyl release!!

I assure you this is no illusive vinyl! Although I would personally love to have a vinyl too.
JuliaSKG

Postby Night Stalker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:45 am

Julia, The artwork for Swan is lookin' really good! Now as I understand it, there are going to be expansions to the game, does this mean there will be more characters added on in further board games? By the way kindly put me in for 1st purchase rights on the 1st Printing of that game!!! (smirk). Finally, a board game that really peaks my interest. I would probably have to purchase two, one of course to play and the other to keep Mint in the Box for the collector in me. Keep up the terrific work. ~Peace out~.
Night Stalker

Postby JuliaSKG » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:00 am

Night Stalker wrote:Julia, The artwork for Swan is lookin' really good! Now as I understand it, there are going to be expansions to the game, does this mean there will be more characters added on in further board games? By the way kindly put me in for 1st purchase rights on the 1st Printing of that game!!! (smirk). Finally, a board game that really peaks my interest. I would probably have to purchase two, one of course to play and the other to keep Mint in the Box for the collector in me. Keep up the terrific work. ~Peace out~.

Haha that's awesome to hear! One of the coolest things we get to do is respectfully add to the lore. For example, we made a Lizzie's Logo. With expansions (because we would love to make some!), we are excited by the opportunity to dig in deeper to some of the gangs that got little to no screen time. Breath life into some of the characters that may have just been extras at the conclave in the film.

LizziesLogo.png
LizziesLogo.png (202.55 KiB) Viewed 6186 times
JuliaSKG

Postby Night Stalker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:11 pm

Julia, I'm diggin' the skull effect inside The Lizzies butterfly logo. Some "Warriors" film purists might not wanna go to extreme on any changes in logo design or contrast. But I think it's creative, and the idea of breathing life into some of the lesser known characters or gangs certainly peaks my interest. There's so many areas you can go with gangs and individuals that didn't see much action on the screen. It should make game play quite interesting. ~Peace out~.
Night Stalker

Postby Cochese » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:27 pm

JuliaSKG wrote:We hope everyone becomes as excited as we are! Here is some of our promotional artwork for the game! What do ya think of our Swan?
swan.png

VERY SMART!!!
Cochese

Postby Cochese » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:32 pm

JuliaSKG wrote:
Night Stalker wrote:Hey there Julia, the game sounds like it will be pretty cool from what I read. Do you know offhand if it will it be a collectors edition type of game with "Limited Numbers" produced? Great that Paramount is allowing it to be marketed. Lookin' forward to it! ~Peace out~

Great question! What I can say now, is that the first print we do is a special limited edition version. However, another addition will be printed for retail later!

Put me down for 2!! For the same reason as Night Stalker :D Why don't you make it the "warriorsmovis.co.uk Limited Edition"? ;)
Cochese

Next

Return to Video Games