The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Discuss the various video games based on the movie.

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby JuliaSKG » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Cochese wrote:OMG!!! What with the re-issue this year of the vinyl soundtrack, now this!! I don't think I'm going to be able to contain myself for much longer!!! BOOM!!! :lol:


Right!? Vinyl is so much fun to collect but put that with such a great film..gold!
Also, soon I will finally reveal the Lizzies to you all!
JuliaSKG
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 am

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby JuliaSKG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:40 am

You Guys! We are officially launching our Kickstarter on July 29th! Stay tuned!!
JuliaSKG
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 am

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby Night Stalker » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:44 am

Hey there all,
So they cancelled manufacturing the game due to lack of funds!! You would have thought Paramount could have tossed them a cool $100,000 as pocket change to get the game up and running. Looks like us fans will have to wait for the next good idea to come along and possibly pan out and get marketed. ~Peace out and God Bless~.
Night Stalker
Rank: Hi-Hat
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby JuliaSKG » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:10 am

Night Stalker wrote:Hey there all,
So they cancelled manufacturing the game due to lack of funds!! You would have thought Paramount could have tossed them a cool $100,000 as pocket change to get the game up and running. Looks like us fans will have to wait for the next good idea to come along and possibly pan out and get marketed. ~Peace out and God Bless~.


NOPE NOPE! Julia Here, Marketing Director for SKG. We pulled the kickstarter due to some very very helpful ideas from fans and backers. We are relaunching on October 12th with new changes and additions! Only 2 days! Ask me anything!
JuliaSKG
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 am

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby JuliaSKG » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:18 am

Oh and in regards to Paramount. They aren't providing annnnnyy funding! We have the rights and we are working with them on what we can and can't use (some actors don't want their likeness used, etc). That's why we need help from all of you and many many more!
JuliaSKG
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 am

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby Night Stalker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Hey there Julia,
Awesome!! Remember I'll take the 1st copy off the line, (smirk). You know, I would have thought Paramount owned all the rights in regards to characters created for and used within the film. I didn't even think the actors/actresses would have any say about their likeness pertaining to such a game. What an added headache that creates. Would you say many of the main actors/characters are on board with the game being produced? Not sure how I can help, (I love the film, but I'm a "Warriors" novice compared to most of these folks on the site), but feel free to let me know. I really would enjoy seeing and owning one or two copies when they come out. ~Peace out and God Bless my friend~.
Night Stalker
Rank: Hi-Hat
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby Ninth Delegate » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:08 pm

I also thought Paramount owned all likenesses ect, being that Roger Hill attempted to sue rockstar for the use of his likeness without his permission and Apache not getting a penny as they claimed that character to be "generic Puerto rican" and not him.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
User avatar
Ninth Delegate
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby JuliaSKG » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:27 am

Ninth Delegate wrote:I also thought Paramount owned all likenesses ect, being that Roger Hill attempted to sue rockstar for the use of his likeness without his permission and Apache not getting a penny as they claimed that character to be "generic Puerto rican" and not him.


Character approvals were by far the most tedious task. We wanted to bring Warriors Fans as many accurate portrayals as we could. A big one (likeness) we couldn't use was Luther. Paramount owns all character but not all likenesses. So we can use Luther for example, but we have to change how he looks, which is tricky when trying to please avid fans. But we have all the Warriors and their likenesses, and many more.
JuliaSKG
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 am

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby JuliaSKG » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:32 am

Night Stalker wrote:Hey there Julia,
Awesome!! Remember I'll take the 1st copy off the line, (smirk). You know, I would have thought Paramount owned all the rights in regards to characters created for and used within the film. I didn't even think the actors/actresses would have any say about their likeness pertaining to such a game. What an added headache that creates. Would you say many of the main actors/characters are on board with the game being produced? Not sure how I can help, (I love the film, but I'm a "Warriors" novice compared to most of these folks on the site), but feel free to let me know. I really would enjoy seeing and owning one or two copies when they come out. ~Peace out and God Bless my friend~.


So glad to hear you're still excited for the game. It really is so much fun to play. You get attached to your gang members. Cause when one of your members dies in a skirmish, they are out for good. So the more invested you are in your gang, the better the reaction when you die or kill an opponent.

To be specific, as far as I recall, the only likenesses we could not use were Starr, Luther, and one of the Baseball Furies face paints. So out of the 36 gang minis the game will include, only 3 have different looks.
JuliaSKG
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 am

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:33 am

Is there some connection on the design and creation front between this and Rockstar games? I'm under the assumption that it was they who designed the newer gang patch/colors and came up with the names for the minor characters.
How much freedom do you have to put your own twist on these designs? I know you cant use the winged skull, but is it set in stone that you have to use the flaming snake patch?
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
User avatar
Ninth Delegate
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby JuliaSKG » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Just as we promised! We hope many of you will be involved in making this game a success! I'll keep checking back if anyone has questions, but you can also reach us in a personal message once you are a backer ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/62 ... turf-war-0
JuliaSKG
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:25 am

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby Suburban Warlord » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Looks cool. I dig the art work!
User avatar
Suburban Warlord
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: The Warriors Turf Wars Board Game

Postby WildBoy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:51 pm

This games looks really cool - I went to the kickstarter site and it reads that the funding has been cancelled. That's the pits.
What's the matter - goin' faggot?
User avatar
WildBoy
Rank: Hurricane
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:36 pm

Previous

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron