the riffs-not very 'martial arty'

Discuss the various video games based on the movie.

the riffs-not very 'martial arty'

Postby papa arnold » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:00 am

well i have been playing the game again recently and it seems the riffs havnt got much martial arts in them

now i know the riffs are ment to know karate (or maybe its just a theory) and if its true then why dont they use it well in the game i mean they do some good kicks but i find thats about it( and the same with the savage huns)

anyway comments?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6373/20255849yq4.jpg[/img][/url]AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE PAPA ARNOLD SAYS SO!!!!!
papa arnold

Re: the riffs-not very 'martial arty'

Postby Hector » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:27 am

I thought this recently also. It's probably because Rockstar couldn't bother adding a whole new set of moves for just a few gangs.
[img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/Nickpenno212/SinCity3.jpg[/img]
Hector

Postby stevo2k6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:47 pm

dont forget it was a rushed game aswell lol
S.Ritson
stevo2k6

Postby Baby Bear » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:47 am

Yes the Riffs and other gangs should've had their own moves. It's not right that they rushed the game. I hate the fact that they have Identical characters. They could've done better but hey its still good.
Baby Bear

Postby stevo2k6 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:54 am

i agree its a great game still, but they rushed it to come out with the directors cut movie.i remember gettin them 2 years ago, sorry to be off topic, but does any opf you guys play counterstrike? lol
S.Ritson
stevo2k6

Postby adam88 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:32 pm

Yeah you all have a point.  Sometimes game makers must study a great deal of martial arts,(not physically), and put it into the game.  So its not so much the Riffs, but the game makers themselves.
adam88

Postby eliminator1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:06 pm

It would have been great for more of the other gangs to have their own unique moves and skills, even if it was just the leaders and characters. In return, I think they could have left most of the civillians as unplayable, I'd be happier with less unlockable soldiers if there were more differences strengths and weaknesses between them. A few of my ideas if they ever do another Warriors game.

Riffs- Like the topic says, they need more martial arts style moves, and imo Cyrus and Masai should be equal to Ghost in this way. I also think it would be cool to see Swan and Cochise learn a bit of martial arts, I can see it suiting them better than other Warriors.

Baseball Furies- All of them should start with bats, and give them all unique moves they can perform while they have a bat. In the movie they were swinging their bats like swords, that would have been so cool.

Sully- Give him his straight razor.
eliminator1

Postby Swan27 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm

i agree, in rumblemode, soooo many peolpe have ajax's moves and ragemoves. its kind of like the playing the same character over and over.
Every one in my town knows that the Warriors are here!!!Image
Swan27

Return to Video Games