Movie or Book( not a poll)

Discuss the novel by Sol Yurick upon which the movie is based.

Re: Movie or Book( not a poll)

Postby Cyrus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:54 pm

It really is hard to decide,but I would go with the film.I know it is more romantic vision of the gang life then the book,but that's the way I like it. :D
"Can you count, suckers?
I say the future is ours...If you can count!"
Cyrus

Postby Uncle Swan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm

I think i would have to say the film as it was what introduced me to the Warriors, though I really do like the story in the book and have often wondered what the film would have been like if they had stuck closer to the original storyline.
Stay Lucky, Peace Out.
Uncle Swan

Postby The Swan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:26 pm

Uncle Swan wrote:I think i would have to say the film as it was what introduced me to the Warriors, though I really do like the story in the book and have often wondered what the film would have been like if they had stuck closer to the original storyline.
  Well Uncle Swan, you've just written what I wanted to... I 1000% agree! :mrgreen:
More similar movie to the book would have been great! Althouth as all of us know, we'd have seen another movie... but even if, I repeat, knowing the book we could imagine how it'd be cool a more similar movie to Sol Yurick story, I continue to prefer 1979 "The Warriors"!!! 8)
Last edited by The Swan on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]
The Swan

Postby hardy17 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:44 pm

They are really hard to compare, but i have always felt since reading the book that the movie could off better if it was just like the book, dont get me wrong i love the movie but i think the book would of made a great movie if done exact copy. The movie though as it is brilliant would of made a rubbish book. So to compare they are both the best.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Hardy17/Sig-warriorssite.jpg[/img]
hardy17

Postby KissTheRain » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:03 am

I can't compare them really! I loved the both but in completely different ways.

But I'm still a film fan at heart  :lol:
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/Personal1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/KTRSig.jpg[/img]
KissTheRain

Postby adam88 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Well its hard to decide, sine its usually the book the is the idea that is brought to life.  In most cases it is the boo that captures the true message, while the movie destroys it.  BUt such movies did do the book justice, such as Michael Crichtons Jurassic Park, or Planet of the Apes, even H.G. Wells the Time Machine.  But some movie makers ruin the image of the book, or change the character thinking that the audience will not like the.  For instance in the book Rambo, he is depicted more as a psycho, and the reader is not really sympathetic to m.  The cop is a Korean War veteran, while John Rambo is a Vietnam veteran.  He kills over 100 people, while in the first movie he kills one by self defence.  The cop hates him because Vietnam vets came from the hippy era, and he commits suicide at the end, to be put out of his misery.  Making the reader having the heroes feeling, thus making the movie makers thinking they no whats best for us.  Or having unecessary Jaws and Jurassic park sequals.
Heres the alternate suicide version from the book.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ylTHa6ZJhoA
adam88

Postby bassman » Wed May 21, 2008 9:20 am

the book is great :D :D  but I would have to pick the movie, I guess its what I saw first,
maybe if i read the book first it might be a different pick
bassman

Postby Deacon Archimedes » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:27 am

I prefer the film over the book. Both are awesome works. Personally, I think that myself having seen the movie first, has a lot to do with my choice. Don't get me wrong, the book was good. It was slow in the beginning and hard to follow due the difference in character names. However, it was full of action and suspense.  Each page got better and better as I continued to read. There is only one main difference between the book and the movie, the fact The Warriors were pinned for Cyrus' death. In the book, Ismael (Cyrus) was killed and no one was pinned for the murder. The Coney Island Dominators (Warriors) were just trying to make it home through enemy turf. I think Walter Hill's choice of using Cyrus' death as the focal point of the movie was genius. This is why I favor the film over the book.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/2193542189_25c13c9d9e.jpg[/img]
Deacon Archimedes

Postby Reggie Stylez » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:37 pm

The movie, by far, the book is really good, but I just like the movie a whole lot better, The Warriors are easier to like then the C.I Dominators, like, The Warriors have heart, the Dominators are just dirty sick brutal bastards, like when they take turns stabbing that gang member with a flip knife, and when Hector, Lunkface and Bimbo try to rape some alcoholic women in the park, just sick, oh and when they gang rape the girl after she follows them. Really good interesting book, but fucking brutal.
Reggie Stylez

Previous

Return to Book