GAME OF THRONES- FIRST BOOK

Shhhh! The library is for people who like books.

GAME OF THRONES- FIRST BOOK

Postby the lady warrior » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:01 pm

i have just started reading this book yesterday(i actually dont really like fantasys) but somethin drew me to this book... it is a great read nd its just soo creative its unbelieveable, its sorta set in the medieval times and is abt all these different sides of one place fightining for this IRON THRONE. the author makes chapters- well more sections about each character sorta like in thier point of view, its soo amazing coz there is about twelve diffferent characters(or so ppl say), nd while all these bad or good things or going on in different characters point of view it shows how it is effecting them or what they have to do with it all!! its really interesting and this is a gal who normally would not even dare to look in a fantasy books front cover LOL i like more gritty down to earth stuff lol- thts why i like gang- related books lol :lol:
the lady warrior

Re: GAME OF THRONES- FIRST BOOK

Postby Ninth Delegate » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:11 pm

I've not had chance to read any of the books but I did enjoy the TV show. I don't know how faithful it is to the book; its very well produced. TV shows that feature boobs and gore tend to keep my attention.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby the lady warrior » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:56 pm

hah thanx for commenting on this lol i had suspicious tht no one knew wht i was talking abt but you know.... anyway long time no see brother how u been doing? nd yh the tv was really good nd it actually pays the book some justice I BELIEVE. but i will say tht i think it does miss some detailed bits out buut - aah who needs detail all the time! :lol:
the lady warrior

Postby Ninth Delegate » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:18 pm

Apart from the Sharpe series, is there any show/film where Sean Bean survives?

The part with the Lanister dwarf being carried off the battlefield was visually, a nod to Ridley Scott's Gladiator film. Shame they killed Jason Momoa's character off as well, but at least we'll get to see him behead a few folk in the upcoming Conan film next month.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby turnbull gbr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Ninth Delegate wrote:Apart from the Sharpe series, is there any show/film where Sean Bean survives?

When Saturday Comes, a film about the greatest football team in the world :roll: A lot of it is filmed round where i live aswell.
turnbull gbr

Return to The Library [Book Chat]