1970's NYC Gang Documentary - 80 Blocks From Tiffanys

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.
Riff

1970's NYC Gang Documentary - 80 Blocks From Tiffanys

Post by Riff »

Just wondered if anybody had seen the film '80 Blocks From Tiffanys'?

It is a documentary from the 1970's about gang life in the South Bronx, NYC.

It was made around the same time as 'The Warriors' 78/79 and is a realistic look at gangs of that time in NYC, Savage Nomads, Savage Skulls etc you can see some of them wear the jackets with logo's on, similar to what the Warrior's jackets were based on.

It's a really interesting film and gives good insight into what life was like in the South Bronx, worth watching, don't watch it expecting to see a film as exciting as the Warriors though, this is a documentary not an action flick.
Who are The Warriors, there must be some word...

The Swan

Re: 1970's NYC Gang Documentary - 80 Blocks From Tiffanys

Post by The Swan »

Well, if you like this thread, go to:

http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index. ... on=search2

Oh, I forgot, put in the "Search Section"... "The Homicides"... and read... read... read!!! 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Riff

Post by Riff »

Wow, lots of threads to read, I'll check them out.

cleonwarriors777

Post by cleonwarriors777 »

thanks "riff" im gonna go find it i really wanna see it since it has the savage skulls in it but do you know if it has the " hells Angels" in it :lol:
ill shove that bat up your a$$ and turn you into a popsicle

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Was hoping to buy a copy of that doc.  Best price I could find was around $80 (YECCCHHH!!)
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

I've heard of this before. I'd really like to watch it, but alas, I can't find it anywhere on the internet and physical copies are both rare and expensive.

Riff

Post by Riff »

Well people I have a good quality rip of the film on DVD, I can knock up a few copies and send them out. I don't mind doing 4 or 5 copies but no more than that, so as you were the first guys to show interest then let me know if you want one, feel free to pass the movie on to those interested.

Like I say, please don't expect anything as exciting as 'The Warriors', it's just a documentary not an action flick, but if your interested in gang culture and the Bronx/NYC then it is a really interesting movie that show's what life in a gang back then was like. In fact some of it is quite surprising.

Riff

Post by Riff »

Here is a link to some info on the movie...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314014/

HIGH HAT

Post by HIGH HAT »

Think the filmaker Gary Weis was the guy behind the film shorts that were on "Saurday Night Live"
short films from the mid-70s..

Riff..id really be intersted in a copie..
i could trade you a short loctions documentary i made a few years back 'Warriors Now and Then'
where i visted some of the locations in 2006..and the Coney Island sceening by Netflix Roadshow.
Also footage i took at Secaucus NJ 'Chiller Theater' with Micheal Beck and Debra Van Volkenberg..good stuff

might have "Warriors now and then"  on 'Youtube' soon
When the Dead Have RISEN..

There are some Things More Important Than Survival......
(RISENTHEMOVIE.COM)

RISENTHEMOVIE.COM

Riff

Post by Riff »

High Hat,

That sounds great, yeah deffo let's do a trade I would be interested in seeing the stuff you mentioned.

Send me a message with your postal details and I'll do the same.

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Riff wrote:
Well people I have a good quality rip of the film on DVD, I can knock up a few copies and send them out. I don't mind doing 4 or 5 copies but no more than that, so as you were the first guys to show interest then let me know if you want one, feel free to pass the movie on to those interested.

Like I say, please don't expect anything as exciting as 'The Warriors', it's just a documentary not an action flick, but if your interested in gang culture and the Bronx/NYC then it is a really interesting movie that show's what life in a gang back then was like. In fact some of it is quite surprising.

Riff, guys, yesterday I forgot to tell you what I think about The Movie. Well, you have somehow and anyway to watch it!!!
I did... and... believe me... you have to watch it.

Riff, did you then check those Topics? Have you ever seen that Documentary about The Sex Boys and The Homicides? That One Filmed by a German Director?

Anyway guys... HERE IT IS...
80 Blocks from Tiffany's                               
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Riff wrote:

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Riff wrote:

Sure thing, Riff, I'll take a copy.  I could give you my email address, so I can send you my mailing address.  Should I do that?

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

The Swan wrote: Anyway guys... HERE IT IS...
80 Blocks from Tiffany's                               
The Swan, you are amazing. I had no idea this was up on youtube, but the last time I checked was quite a while back. Thanks for the link.

Riff

Post by Riff »

canyoucount wrote:
Riff wrote:

Sure thing, Riff, I'll take a copy.  I could give you my email address, so I can send you my mailing address.  Should I do that?
Yeah man, just send me a message on the board with your postal address and I'll send a copy off to you.