Why "48 Hours" was the sequel

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.
its_all_our_turf

Post by its_all_our_turf »

Think about it:
At the end of The Warriors, the Riffs realize there has been too much bloodshed and decide to spare Luther's life (it's what Cyrus would have wanted). Luther starts a new life in San Francisco.

Ajax is released from a NYC jail after serving time for assaulting a police officer. The charge of sexual assault is dropped when Ajax's court-appointed attorney successfully proves Ajax was the victim of entrapment. However, there was a warrant out for Ajax for an unrelated crime back when he was living in San Francisco under the name Ganz (before moving to NYC and joining the Warriors). He is extradicted to California.

The cop Swan hits with the bat has become disillusioned with the brutal ways of the NYPD and decides he has had enough of the thin blue line. Under the advice of convict Ajax, he changes his name to Billy Bear, quits the force, and moves to California, turning to crime as a means of atoning for his mispent years as a cop.

Living a law-abiding citizen's life in San Francisco leaves Luther missing the excitement of the gang life he led back in NYC. Ex-cop Billy Bear shares with Luther the many ways he's seen people successfully steal money. They hook up with Reggie Hammond, and the two steal several hundred thousand dollars.

Billy Bear, meanwhile, has also been in touch with Ganz, aka Ajax. The two hatch a plan to break Ganz out of jail, track down Luther, and recover the money.

Director Walter Hill, having made an irreversible error by killing off Luther, Ganz/Ajax, and Officer Billy Bear at the end of the movie, has no choice but to focus the next sequel on much-less-popular Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte characters. Therefore, "Another 48 Hours" cannot really be considered part of The Warriors movie franchise.
"We need to come to this part of town more often."

tomboy

Post by tomboy »

That explains why I didn't dig Another 48 Hours as much as the first one.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage...

SoldierHeavyMuscle

Re: Why "48 Hours" was the sequel

Post by SoldierHeavyMuscle »

its_all_our_turf wrote:Think about it:
At the end of The Warriors, the Riffs realize there has been too much bloodshed and decide to spare Luther's life (it's what Cyrus would have wanted). Luther starts a new life in San Francisco.

Ajax is released from a NYC jail after serving time for assaulting a police officer. The charge of sexual assault is dropped when Ajax's court-appointed attorney successfully proves Ajax was the victim of entrapment. However, there was a warrant out for Ajax for an unrelated crime back when he was living in San Francisco under the name Ganz (before moving to NYC and joining the Warriors). He is extradicted to California.

The cop Swan hits with the bat has become disillusioned with the brutal ways of the NYPD and decides he has had enough of the thin blue line. Under the advice of convict Ajax, he changes his name to Billy Bear, quits the force, and moves to California, turning to crime as a means of atoning for his mispent years as a cop.

Living a law-abiding citizen's life in San Francisco leaves Luther missing the excitement of the gang life he led back in NYC. Ex-cop Billy Bear shares with Luther the many ways he's seen people successfully steal money. They hook up with Reggie Hammond, and the two steal several hundred thousand dollars.

Billy Bear, meanwhile, has also been in touch with Ganz, aka Ajax. The two hatch a plan to break Ganz out of jail, track down Luther, and recover the money.

Director Walter Hill, having made an irreversible error by killing off Luther, Ganz/Ajax, and Officer Billy Bear at the end of the movie, has no choice but to focus the next sequel on much-less-popular Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte characters. Therefore, "Another 48 Hours" cannot really be considered part of The Warriors movie franchise.
dude, that's really good!! lololol very imaginative!! but man, you got too much time on your hands!!!! wow, and i thought i needed a hobby! well, actually i do! lol i kinda did the same thing with the remake. look in the forum remake index, it's under "the beginning" or some shit like that. it was a while ago.
Tried to give the devil my soul...
She said i had nothing to bargain with...

nativewarrior

Post by nativewarrior »

that is the most intelligent-dumb therory i ever heard. Damn thats awsome you think that deep about the warriors movie. Yea Ajax and Luther are awsome actors they should have been in more movies the crazy fuckers.
one thing we might get outa cyris little get together is meeting some strange wool - AJAX

Nite Run

Post by Nite Run »

Let's not forget Rembrandt, after Swan took off with Mercy at the end of the movie... the gang continued on for a few more years, but eventually died out when breakdancing hit the streets of New York in the late 70's, early '80's..Rembrandt tried to become an Artist/Graphic Designer in Manhattan at that time, but due to the fact that he had no previous formal school training, he could not secure a job..this led to Rembrandt leaving NYC and somehow he made it to Frisco where he was one of many starving artists trying to make a buck there...Rembrandt eventually registered at SF Community College, majoring in Fine Arts, and got a job at a city Garage to make money for his tuition..he was the Garage attendant that made fun of Luther coming to pick up Reggie's old car with the money in it :D
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jbk2ef.jpg[/img]

CiCcone

Post by CiCcone »

whoa that makes sense now i hav to see it again though

BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Post by BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance »

if it was a sequel then there would be warriors in it!

its_all_our_turf

Rembrandt

Post by its_all_our_turf »

I didn't realize until about two weeks ago that Rembrandt was the parking garage guy. Not paying attention, i guess. And i've seen 48 hours a dozen times.
So thanks for explaining how he managed to get to Frisco. I wonder if there's anyone else we're missing.
"We need to come to this part of town more often."

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

its_all_our_turf wrote: Think about it:
At the end of The Warriors, the Riffs realize there has been too much bloodshed and decide to spare Luther's life (it's what Cyrus would have wanted).  Luther starts a new life in San Francisco.  

Ajax is released from a NYC jail after serving time for assaulting a police officer.  The charge of sexual assault is dropped when Ajax's court-appointed attorney successfully proves Ajax was the victim of entrapment.  However, there was a warrant out for Ajax for an unrelated crime back when he was living in San Francisco under the name Ganz (before moving to NYC and joining the Warriors).  He is extradicted to California.

The cop Swan hits with the bat has become disillusioned with the brutal ways of the NYPD and decides he has had enough of the thin blue line.  Under the advice of convict Ajax, he changes his name to Billy Bear, quits the force, and moves to California, turning to crime as a means of atoning for his mispent years as a cop.

Living a law-abiding citizen's life in San Francisco leaves Luther missing the excitement of the gang life he led back in NYC.  Ex-cop Billy Bear shares with Luther the many ways he's seen people successfully steal money.  They hook up with Reggie Hammond, and the two steal several hundred thousand dollars.  

Billy Bear, meanwhile, has also been in touch with Ganz, aka Ajax.  The two hatch a plan to break Ganz out of jail, track down Luther, and recover the money.

Director Walter Hill, having made an irreversible error by killing off Luther, Ganz/Ajax, and Officer Billy Bear at the end of the movie, has no choice but to focus the next sequel on much-less-popular Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte characters.  Therefore, "Another 48 Hours" cannot really be considered part of The Warriors movie franchise.
Wow!!! To me "it_all_our_turf" had a big idea!!!
Well I don't know if he forgot about the forum, anyway is his theory an excellent one!!!???
Plus, Nite Run posted another awesome theory!!! Wow!!! 8)
Last edited by The Swan on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

some of u lads amaze  me lol
S.Ritson

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

im guessing they dont fit in, someones wild imagination,
S.Ritson

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Post by theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 »

Very funny story...and a sense of imagination can really get someone going with a story but its all true about the guys going from the Warriors to 48 hours...however "its_all_our_turf" failed to mention how Rembrandt went from a Warrior to a parking attendant...

I would say that his family didn't like living the rough life of NYC and decided to move to San Francisco...unfortunately Rembrandt had to go along with them since he didn't have a steady job...since his record showed that he was a gang member he struggled in trying to find good jobs even though he was a good kid who finished high school...but no one wanted a gang member...so a family member hooked him up with that job for now...

There's an episode of "Simon & Simon" (an old 80s mystery-crime-drama show) in which Vermin stars in but I haven't seen that in awhile...I forgot the important details...even Barry DeVorzon does the music for this show...

I haven't really seen that movie with Cochise so someone else can continue...
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...

Godfather

Post by Godfather »

Talk about stretching characters...but funny.  Here's the trailer:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2bTQcREbcyY
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/godfather1969/GODFATHER-SSIG.jpg[/img]
Made by Hector

KissTheRain

Post by KissTheRain »

I've never seen 48 hours....seems like i'm missing out. I'll have to go hunt it down so I can give it a watch and work out what on earth all you people are on about!
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/Personal1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/KTRSig.jpg[/img]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Anyway, and yeah only a brilliant theory..., I searched 4 something about Sonny Landham (The Cop Swan hits with the bat.../Billie Bear in "48 Hrs"/Billy in "Predator")  on the forum... finding out a lot of Forum Members links on him. BTW, thanks 4 those links guys!!! But no pic posted, so...
ImageImage
... some his latest pic, surfing the web waves??? File Not Found!!! 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]