Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby coney77 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Thanks for that info, That was spot that i could never find.
User avatar
coney77
Rank: Hurricane
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:10 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:42 am

yep didn't think so either but I searched and searched...if you're on the L train heading toward Manhattan and you've just left Broadway/Junction station head over to the left side of the train and look out...lets say you're on the L heading to Canarsie be aware of when the train is coming out of the subway (which is after the Bushwick Ave./Aberdeen St. station) and into elevated tracks-look to the right

since we already know the big details of the movie: 92nd street-72nd street-Hoyt./Schermerhorn Sts....Big meeting on Riverside Park rather than the Bronx...and other places...now also comes time for small details...whether they're big details or little details they're important pieces that connect the movie together
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...
User avatar
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby phillykid » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:37 am

A few other locations that I'm trying to find are a little more difficult. they are as follows:      1) the candy store where the Rogues stop at and luther makes a phone call.  2) the gas station where Luther and the Rogues again stop and Luther is back on the phone. 3) the exterior of the building where the lizzies take Rembrandt, Cochise, and Vermin back to their hangout.  4) the warehouse where the Riffs turf was.  It would be cool if somebody would lead a search of these sites and that would make the location search complete.                 
phillykid
Rank: Lizzie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:52 pm

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:41 am

it would be interesting to know where those scenes took place...i really want to know where the whole Lizzie hangout plus the place where the 3 guys run to...just a random guess: it could probably be somewhere in Downtown Manhattan...as for the gas station I believe someone found out where it is and was posted somewhere on this thread...search for it and see what information is given...but i know that these places where those scenes were shot will be known one day...but who knows when  :?
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...
User avatar
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby Ninth Delegate » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:19 pm

A while ago on another thread; a member tracked down what may have been the candy store by using the telephone number we see in the film.  Theres another telephone number visible above the alley where the three warriors seek refuge from the lizzies (i think its space to let).  Its a long shot, but maybe the phone company has records that could tell you the location of that number back in 79.  Dont know if they would be willing to divulge such info to the public tho.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
User avatar
Ninth Delegate
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby charlloots » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:28 pm

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 wrote:Hey all...I found a picture of the station that the Warriors run to after they think the Orphans were running after them...kinda looks the same and I don't think its been reconstructed...the other is the picture of the train used in the Warriors picture...same station...but this a picture of the train being used on a daily basis...I tried to find pictures of the scene in the beginning of the movie with the train coming into the station...I'm still looking :p

does anybody know where that view was shot before Swan says "this is what we fought all night to get back to"...and it wasn't Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station view...I've been there and haven't seen that same view


this is bensonhurst brooklyn 62nd street and new utrecth ave.when the they made the film it was the b line you could transfer to the n line. the scene where they blow up the car is around the corner.
it is coney where swan says this is what we fought all night for.definitly dont look the same today. the water slide has been gone since the 80,s.
Last edited by charlloots on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
charlloots
Rank: Rogue
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:50 pm
Location: CONEY ISLAND

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:12 am

charlloots wrote:
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 wrote:Hey all...I found a picture of the station that the Warriors run to after they think the Orphans were running after them...kinda looks the same and I don't think its been reconstructed...the other is the picture of the train used in the Warriors picture...same station...but this a picture of the train being used on a daily basis...I tried to find pictures of the scene in the beginning of the movie with the train coming into the station...I'm still looking :p

does anybody know where that view was shot before Swan says "this is what we fought all night to get back to"...and it wasn't Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station view...I've been there and haven't seen that same view


this is bensonhurst brooklyn 62nd street and new utrecth ave.when the they made the film it was the b line you could transfer to the n line. the scene where they blow up the car is around the corner.
it is coney where swan says this is what we fought all night for.definitly dont look the same today. the water slide has been gone since the 80,s.


well yes that part about New Utretch station was covered a long time ago...but what I was referring to was of the shot of the houses and the buildings and you can clearly hear the sound of seagulls...I know I'm looking for even the smallest things in this movie but I'm curious to know how that looks like now since we all know where some of the places are where the movie was shot...it should be a view of Coney Island I just have to figure out where and what station exactly... ::)
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...
User avatar
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby coney77 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:48 am

phillykid wrote:A few other locations that I'm trying to find are a little more difficult. they are as follows:       1) the candy store where the Rogues stop at and luther makes a phone call.  2) the gas station where Luther and the Rogues again stop and Luther is back on the phone. 3) the exterior of the building where the lizzies take Rembrandt, Cochise, and Vermin back to their hangout.  4) the warehouse where the Riffs turf was.  It would be cool if somebody would lead a search of these sites and that would make the location search complete.                 
The candy store is a hard one. I have tried to figure where that is for a while. Nobody seems to know where that is.
User avatar
coney77
Rank: Hurricane
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:10 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:52 pm

               
[/quote] The candy store is a hard one. I have tried to figure where that is for a while. Nobody seems to know where that is.
[/quote]

Heres a link to an older thread that some of you may find helpful http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4329#p4329
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
User avatar
Ninth Delegate
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Ninth Delegate wrote:               
The candy store is a hard one. I have tried to figure where that is for a while. Nobody seems to know where that is.
[/quote]

Heres a link to an older thread that some of you may find helpful http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4329#p4329
[/quote]

Thanks for that Shaun...it really helps alot...now this adds to my list of places to visit... :D and this should be very helpful to Jim(Furies1967) because of his filming documentary part 2...only issue now is to find out where the Lizzie hangout was located...and whether its true or not that the ending was shot in Jones Beach or Coney Island...
:?  8) :-k
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...
User avatar
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:59 pm

Has anyone here checked out 96th and central pk west?  Thats supposedly where the furies hangout was filmed.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
User avatar
Ninth Delegate
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby The Fox » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:40 pm

Ninth Delegate wrote:               
The candy store is a hard one. I have tried to figure where that is for a while. Nobody seems to know where that is.
[/quote]

Heres a link to an older thread that some of you may find helpful http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4329#p4329
[/quote]

I remember that one. We never got any photos though.

Also i think i have the Rogues garage ;) :D
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]
The Fox
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:21 am

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby Furies1967 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:10 am

This is VERY cool news indeed!!!!!! When I go to film part 2 of the documentary, I will have a good amount of locations to shoot. Good research everyone.
Furies1967
Rank: Hi-Hat
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:25 pm

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:39 am

Hey everyone...

I was able to find that view of Coney Island houses before Swan says "This is what we fought all night to get back to"...the view can be seen further down the same platform the Warriors get off at the end...the B train used to run on this line back in the 70s but now the D train stops at this platform...unfortunately the view looks emptier then what it used to look like...I compared it and most of the houses are missing...i was able to film the view from the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...I will put that up very soon...

As for the beginning of the movie where the D train turns and pulls up in the station...that was the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...now the Q train runs on that same line where the D train used to run on back in the day

:mrgreen:
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...
User avatar
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006
Rank: Warrior
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby The Fox » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:32 am

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 wrote:Hey everyone...

I was able to find that view of Coney Island houses before Swan says "This is what we fought all night to get back to"...the view can be seen further down the same platform the Warriors get off at the end...the B train used to run on this line back in the 70s but now the D train stops at this platform...unfortunately the view looks emptier then what it used to look like...I compared it and most of the houses are missing...i was able to film the view from the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...I will put that up very soon...

As for the beginning of the movie where the D train turns and pulls up in the station...that was the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...now the Q train runs on that same line where the D train used to run on back in the day

:mrgreen:


Did you get any pictures? :D
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]
The Fox
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Warriors Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron