Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby Furies1967 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:07 pm

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 wrote:Hey everyone...

I was able to find that view of Coney Island houses before Swan says "This is what we fought all night to get back to"...the view can be seen further down the same platform the Warriors get off at the end...the B train used to run on this line back in the 70s but now the D train stops at this platform...unfortunately the view looks emptier then what it used to look like...I compared it and most of the houses are missing...i was able to film the view from the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...I will put that up very soon...

As for the beginning of the movie where the D train turns and pulls up in the station...that was the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...now the Q train runs on that same line where the D train used to run on back in the day

:mrgreen:

Great work!!!!!!
Furies1967

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:10 am

The Fox wrote:
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 wrote:Hey everyone...

I was able to find that view of Coney Island houses before Swan says "This is what we fought all night to get back to"...the view can be seen further down the same platform the Warriors get off at the end...the B train used to run on this line back in the 70s but now the D train stops at this platform...unfortunately the view looks emptier then what it used to look like...I compared it and most of the houses are missing...i was able to film the view from the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...I will put that up very soon...

As for the beginning of the movie where the D train turns and pulls up in the station...that was the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave station...now the Q train runs on that same line where the D train used to run on back in the day

Did you get any pictures? :D

Ah! but something even better...I filmed it...I have to get the DVD from a friend of mine but in no time soon I shall have it up on the forum for all to see...hopefully before Saturday

:-D
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Postby reidydarlo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:57 pm

COOL it's nice to see some of the locations now as a lot of us british cant make the trip.
reidydarlo

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:31 am

Hello once again...

I was able to get both a still frame from the video that I had made when I went to Coney Island and the movie...I put the two shots together so you can all see the comparison of what it looked like then and how miserably it looks like now...there's more to see of Coney Island but its alittle chilly over here so I can wait until the weather get warmer to get more footage just for fun...as for the video I made...that might take a bit longer...I've had a few troubles with it...but anywho I actually wanted to make a few little adjustments to it...so thats why I decided to put up that view before Swan says "this is what we fought all night to get back to"...and well his feelings were right on track when he said that line :-D

Enjoy!
Attachments
C.I. '78&'07.jpg
~this chic is packed...
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Postby The Fox » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:29 pm

Fantastic pictures.

I love seeing Snow in pictures of New York.
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]
The Fox

Postby Ninth Delegate » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:50 pm

Its changed so much in the last 28 years.  No wonder you had trouble finding the exact location.  The building in the middle is the only one i recognise.  Thats one more place to check out in 09.  Nice work Jen.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:54 pm

yep it was a difficult task to try to find that exact location...I had to look thru old pictures of Coney Island in order to find it...mostly pictures of the station back in the day on a subway website...I kept looking for that house with some sort of green board on it and the street light in front of it...once I got there the only thing I could recognize was that exact street light, the orange building and some projects in the distance...the station of course has changed too because right at the exact spot I was in there used to be stairs to an overpass (after the re-construction of the station the stairs and overpass were moved a few feet back)...so thats why the shot looks like it was taken from above then where I was...

As for that turn that the D train does...the shot was taken on that overpass I was talking about...but since the station has a whole big canopy to it covering the opportunity for good shots of Coney Island I couldn't get a clear shot of that turn...so I put up a picture I found of the D train

Reminder: These pictures are old pictures! The B train doesn't go to C.I. anymore...and the D train now stops at the platform where that B train used to stop in...same platform I was in
Attachments
img_5200.jpg
img_1707.jpg
Last edited by theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~this chic is packed...
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Postby Furies1967 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Really great work Jen.......your hard work paid off. Congrats!!!!!
Furies1967

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:16 pm

well jim not as much work as you did filming your documentary in ONE day...but most of us deserve a good pat on the back for a job well done! thanks for the kudos

~this chic is packed...
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Postby Furies1967 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:00 am

theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 wrote:most of us deserve a good pat on the back for a job well done! thanks for the kudos

Agreed. Anyone, who looks for a location, and finds it, after all of these years does deserve a pat on the back, especially the places that have changed so much like the one you found. I remember filming the Stillwell Ave location and looking out like Swan did, and saying to myself how hard it would be to find that spot.....and you did it Jen.
Ok, next project......the Lizzie's hangout. LOL.
Furies1967

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:43 pm

The litter and discarded rubble gives those pictures of the train station, that gritty abandoned feel to it.  Shame stillwell doesnt look the same now.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby adam88 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:43 pm

Wow I can't believe I never checked this particular forum out, great job.  It really makes you appreciate these old land marks.  You can feel there history and essence flow right through you.  There very special.
adam88

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:32 pm

I'm really not surprised that some of the locations have changed drastically over the years...its really a shame how things change that way...nothing can ever be kept the same! I was really expecting that full view of houses...what a disappointment to find it all missing...I think it looked better before than it does now...the view looks like it has an abandoned feel to it...even if they're constructing a new building (as seen in the picture)  :(

But now our next goal is to not only try to miraculously figure out where the location of the Lizzie hangout was shot but also the Riffs hangout...those two are going to be tough but we can do it!  :mrgreen:
~this chic is packed...
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

Postby PowerPaulie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:56 am

Very cool guys!
I'll make sure to shoot some video when I get the chance!
Thanx for the info!
I can't make it!
You sure?
Yeah, I'm sure.
Good... I'm sick of running from these wimps.
PowerPaulie

Postby Warriors-Fan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Cool pictures!
Those were some desperate dudes! -Vermin
Warriors-Fan

PreviousNext

Return to General Warriors Chat