Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

For comments about The Warriors that don't fit in the categories above.

Re: Filming Location Maps & Aerial Photos

Postby The Swan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Warriors-Fan, I don't know why. I mean, those are A W E S O M E   P I C T U R E S ! ! ! Ok you also like them. But, all you can say is "Cool pictures!"??? So why? Why I'm thinking you're just bumping up your posts? Tell me if, at least for this post, you aren't.
Above all, there's also a rule about "1 word or short replies" (you can read it in the "News" section/Forum Main Page) you broke.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]
The Swan

Postby nyfinest140 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Hey Guys ,

Im a newbie at this stuff, but Im very familair with the areas in brooklyn. I already have pictures from the grave yard scene, the ac turnbull scene. I live in queens 10 mins from where this was shot.

The graveyard scene was shot at " The Evergreens Cemetery"  I know where the exact location in the cemetery is , and I have pictures from inside the cemetery. The exact loaction is Bushwick Ave between eastern parkway and And Conway Street.

The scene where the go under the overpass is arcoss the street located at Stewart Street off of Bushwick avenue. I have pictures of that to. The great this is the graffiti is still the same.

The scene with the AC Turnbulls was shot On broadway between Fulton street and Conway Street. It is a block away from bushwick. I have pictures of this too. The Eastern Parkway  station doesnt exist anymore, But on Conway if you look at the movie behind the train Station is a headstone / momument shop called Carbons. It is still there , and the owner is a nice guy . The same sign is still up that you get a glimps of in the movie.

If you are coming to NY to see these loactions i would be glad to give anyone directions. Or if need be show you the area myself. I Live near by and work in that area. For any questions just email me at    nyfinest140@aol.com
Last edited by nyfinest140 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyfinest140

Postby nyfinest140 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:33 pm

Taken 06/24/2008 EverGreens Cemetery

nyfinest140

Postby nyfinest140 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:40 pm

The pics from the movie for reference
nyfinest140

Postby nyfinest140 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 pm

The ac Turnbulls scene 06/24/2008
The ac turnbulls scene movie
The ac Turnbulls scene 06/24/2008
The ac turnbulls scene movie
nyfinest140

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 pm

I always appreciate precise location info.  Ive not seen any recent photos of the turnbulls turf before, so i'm looking forward to those being posted.  Good shots.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby nyfinest140 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:54 pm

The tunnel scene ( look at the graffiti)
Taken 06/24/2008

The original movie
nyfinest140

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Killer photos, thanks for sharing! I love looking at this kind of stuff. If I lived in NY, I would definitely travel around to the locations.
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2987551938_453a0afcbf_t.jpg[/img]
[URL=http://www.inanimatelife.com]
-Inanimate Life Photography-[/URL]
TCM Hitchhiker

Postby nyfinest140 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:26 pm

I dont know who offical runs the website, but they can use the pictures i put up on the location part of the website. I love the movie , and the site. I will be taking pic of the area with the orphans soon ... will post them when i take them....
nyfinest140

Postby HIGH HAT » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:53 pm

Ninth,
kick ass photos Bro!! well done! youve answered alot of questions for me on these locations like the "AL" on the wall...and have inspired me to check these locations out one of these days..anymore from the Cemetery?
Keep up the excellent scouting! if you could, id love to find the exact locations (street names? what subway you used to get there?)

High Hats off to you Ninth Delegate!  :D
When the Dead Have RISEN..

There are some Things More Important Than Survival......
(RISENTHEMOVIE.COM)

RISENTHEMOVIE.COM
HIGH HAT

Postby The Swan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:49 pm

High Hats, those Photos are really AWESOME!!! That's for SURE!!!
... and Ninth Delegate is a Great Forum Member... but, nyfinest140 posted that Stuff. 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]
The Swan

Postby The Warriors 9 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 pm

nyfinest140 wrote:I dont know who offical runs the website, but they can use the pictures i put up on the location part of the website. I love the movie , and the site. I will be taking pic of the area with the orphans soon ... will post them when i take them....

These are good. Keep on matching the picture to the scene. That adds alot.

Am really looking foward to the orphans pics.  ;)
Worlds 2nd biggest Orphans Fan.
The Warriors 9

Postby angvav » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 am

Wow

how informative

Very informative

:)
[url=http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=signature1br2.jpg][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8585/signature1br2.th.jpg[/img][/url]
angvav

Postby Warriors-Fan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:43 am

The Swan wrote:Warriors-Fan, I don't know why. I mean, those are A W E S O M E  P I C T U R E S ! ! ! Ok you also like them. But, all you can say is "Cool pictures!"??? So why? Why I'm thinking you're just bumping up your posts? Tell me if, at least for this post, you aren't.
Above all, there's also a rule about "1 word or short replies" (you can read it in the "News" section/Forum Main Page) you broke.
Yeah, apparently I didn't emphasize how much liked these pictures. Everyone who put these pictures up deserve more than a compliment. Researching all this stuff is hard work. I wasn't aware of the one word or short replies rule, it won't happen again.
Those were some desperate dudes! -Vermin
Warriors-Fan

Postby theSleepiLizzie_of_2006 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:10 am

Great job NYfinest...

I like how we can compare these locations between now and 1979...the graffiti of "AL" thats shown on the underpass during the rainstorm is really bright as if someone had just spray painted it...and now its hardly visible!

It must've been quite a ride trying to get to these locations...mind you East NY is deep in BK!

So...I guess no one has been able to figure out where the Lizzie hangout was filmed...I would really love to know where they filmed it along with the Gramercy Riffs' hangout...
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/SleepiTsu27/Untitled2.jpg[/img]
~this chic is packed...
theSleepiLizzie_of_2006

PreviousNext

Return to General Warriors Chat