Moonrunners jacket

Discuss costumes from the movie and other clothing & apparel.

Moonrunners jacket

Postby LIER ONE » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:55 pm

So I have told you all that I make patches for a living. So I think I am going to do a one off of the MOONRUNNERS patch and make a jacket using the below jacket. I have sent the design to my factory in Hong Kong. As soon as I make it, I will post pics. This is purely a fan made item and they will not (NOT) be for sale.

http://store.americanapparel.net/rsac401w.html

P.S I also asked for a TURNBULL AC movie style patch......

Stay tuned Boppers!

WHO WOULD BUY A COMPLETE OUTFIT (PATCH, JACKET, ETC.) WE NEED ABOUT 20
SATANSMOTHER
LIER ONE
TRISCENDER
WARGOD
SNOW 24
DEEM KD
ILLER

WHO WOULD BUY JUST THE PATCH
NINTH DELEGATE
Last edited by LIER ONE on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's on and we're going!"
LIER ONE

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Postby LIER ONE » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 am

Anyone know the exact size of the MOONRUNNERS patch?
LIER ONE

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 am

In the film, it looks bigger than a 12 inch vinyl record and the arm juts out more.  Ive not managed to get a clear shot of the moons face.  Of my screen captures, it looks like it has narrow eyes with 45degree eyebrows and is gritting its teeth.  It only has one arm.  The sword goes right through the body and into the star (rockstar made it kid friendly by changing the blade to a second arm).
And lastly, The moonrunners logo has NO legs.

An American flag patch for the arm will be easy enough to pick up and cheap.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby LIER ONE » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:42 pm

Can you pm me the screencaps you have.???
LIER ONE

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:14 pm

These are full size and pasted together.  You can try altering the contrast and brightness to see if you can get a better view.  I don't think theres any better shots in the movie.
Ninth Delegate

Postby LIER ONE » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:25 am

Below is a work in progress. I am trying to get a more screen ac. logo for THE MOONRUNNERS. Me & Ninth have discussed that they altered the logo for the game. The face is a little more simple (we have to remember that these were made by hand as said on the last release of the DVD). I took the video-game logo and using Ninth's screen caps made this. I would like all of your input, to get a really good logo and see if satanmothers can make a jacket.

LIER ONE

Postby chrismasonic » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 am

exactly where in the movie do you see the moonrunners?
i could only find a split second where one guy runs past fox and rembrant at the conclave

the logo looks like this to me...i did a quick pic of it but its shit
chrismasonic

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:33 pm

This is my work in progress so far.  I need to make the mouth a little longer and change the angle of some of the letters to match up with the movie patch.

Ninth Delegate

Postby LIER ONE » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:10 pm

chrismasonic wrote:exactly where in the movie do you see the moonrunners?
i could only find a split second where one guy runs past fox and rembrant at the conclave

the logo looks like this to me...i did a quick pic of it but its [bad word deleted]

One climbs a wall when rembrant is being pushed around at the conclave and one runs by fox and rembrant. Yours might actualy be the closest we have. I think if we take all three and combine, we might get it correct. The MOONRUNNERS name is not surrounded by red, but the shadowing (one side) is red. Also, the shading between the body and arm is a little thicker. Also, if we can get the letters correct, that would be good too. Chrismasonic you have to give yourself MORE credit. I think you almsot nailed it. What do you think Ninth?? Little more tweaking, find the right jacket and maybe satansmother can make it (there has been a discussion).
LIER ONE

Postby wargod » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:41 pm

if you guys are planning on using the shiny jackets....use this for the patch you guys are gonna make, i know it dont look like theres but its good to try your first  version of the patch on

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adidas-sweatsuit-We ... 286.c0.m14
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause
wargod

Postby LIER ONE » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:23 pm

wargod wrote:if you guys are planning on using the shiny jackets....use this for the patch you guys are gonna make, i know it dont look like theres but its good to try your first  version of the patch on

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adidas-sweatsuit-We ... 286.c0.m14

That one while shiny is blue. The MOONRUNNER's is a silver zip-up wind-breaker that was popular with breakdancers back in the early 80's (and were VERY easy to find back then, but with 80's style  :roll: comming back in one might arise again). There is a MOONRUNNER standing next to the WARRIORS in the conclave sene (maybe 9th can get a screen cap) where you see that it is zip or button up front and they have a black arm band (you can also see them from the waist down going through the turnstiles in the credits). I think that the below American apparel is a little closer. I think satansmother had a jacket in mind too.

http://store.americanapparel.net/rsac401w.html
LIER ONE

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:00 pm

I know the scene you mean, but I have one thats a better view.

I think its their warlord/warchief that has the yellow arm band.
That silver jacket in your link is good but you'll have to do a slight customisation by making the sleeve cuffs black.
I'd make a few slight alterations to chrismasonics design.  Add a bit more width to the moon (but not as much as what it is in my design as my moon looks like its been eating too many pies), round off some of the angles so the face isn't so pointy and put a thicker border round the outside of it.
We're getting there.

(BTW, that screen grab is from the deleted scene.  It also shows there is no puple mesh vest underneath  which debunks that other gangs claim of being alternative moonrunner costumes)
Ninth Delegate

Postby LIER ONE » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:23 am

That is one of them but I was talking about the lobby card below.

Chris, I think yours is the best and closest, so lets use urs as a base. I don't want to mess with yours (and it will be eaisier for you to revise) but this is what I think needs to be done (chime in if I am wrong or shouldn't even be saying, but I REALLY want one of these):

1) Fattem the moon
2) Round off the nose, mouth and bottom lip
3) Smile is a little more sinister
4) Make star bigger and more of a silver (lighter ray of you do not have)
5) Knife goes throught the star
6) make knife a little thicker
6) Eye is just a thick black
7) Try to duplicate the letters better with the red shadow
8) Make outline thicker around where hand, moon and knife is
8) Outline whole patch

That is just my opinion and I may be way off putting my 2 cents in, but as I have said I wnt this jacket. I am hot in to collecting 2ndary gang outfits right now and this is top on my list with the Turnbulls. Chris and ninth, let me know your views. I think the three of us should be able to get as close as possible without a great screen grab. It would be real easy to just use the videogame logo but we deserve screen acurate.

On a side note, and may be another topic but the Jones street boy in the above pic and in screen shots, is wearing what looks like a V-neck referee shirt with yellow stripes. I have searched and there are none on the market. You can make this by just dying the white a yellow. It might change the black a little green but it might owrk. Do you think they have any mark on the back?
Last edited by LIER ONE on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIER ONE

Postby chrismasonic » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:02 am

this design is a nightmare...
i put some tracing paper on the screen to get the right location of the star and text,but i had to slightly change the moon bloke to get the whole design round...here goes

chrismasonic

Postby chrismasonic » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am

i'm having a lot of problems with this...

the picture in the top left shows that the sword/knife is not bent and it goes directly through both sides of the moons body...the guys jacket obviouslt distorts the picture in motion

i'm also struggling with the mouth cos its the most blurred part...i would be guessing by adding teeth...but it does look to me that the teeth stick out somehow under the nose.

i find myself wanting to add more detail to make it a better drawing but i'm trying to get it as close as possible to the original...
chrismasonic

Next

Return to Clothing