Moonrunners jacket

Discuss costumes from the movie and other clothing & apparel.
NComics

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by NComics »

Yeah, for sure it's very hard not to add something "yours" redesigning  another one's work, but anyway, that's my interpretation of it, based on how I see it in my mind, and thinking as an illustrator. I just think it's very difficult that a designer made a 3/4 moustache while everything else is in profile. I don't believe it.

For SURE something else is in front of the mouth. And all my lettering is hand made too. I didn't use any tool to realize the lettering, just my hand and pencil.

And anyway, I think that the "hand done appearance" is just thanks to the patch itself. Try to draw all the other logos you can find. The result will be like mine but with the inks.
[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/dAbannerpiccolo.jpg[/img] [img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/logodagrouppiccolo.jpg[/img]
www.8red7.deviantart.com - www.thewarriors-movie.deviantart.com

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

turnbull gbr wrote:
turnbull gbr wrote: im 99% certain its a moustache,if you go to the first pics Ninth put up the very bottom left hand pic you can see pretty clear
Page six of this thread, Gbr was 99% certain it was a moustache, a month and a half and 19 pages later people believe. :D

Thanks chrismasonic, the first believer 8)

On a serious note, i've paused the blu-ray and i'm sure its a tash, i cant get screen grabs from the blu-ray though as i don't have a blu-ray drive on my laptop, i think they cost a bomb.
The picture below is the best one i can get from stills on either the directors cut dvd or original dvd, its not got any distortion of the patch just a little blur.
i believed you!

and to NC the reason you see the mustache in profile is its like one that comes off the face

this is a hilarious picture but its the best example i could find of the type of mustache and im sure there would have been images of greek gods for instance with a similar thing

but as mentioned before i reckon its a wizard type thing

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

NComics wrote: Triscender, my friend, I can't start to ink it since we keep change stuff everyday. For sure I will blue print the lines on another sheet and then ink it, but anyway, I'm not supposed to ink it more then once. I have other paid works to do and I don''t have time to ink it 10 times..

union_jack, thanks a lot. :)

About the drawing by Chris, I just don't think the moon gots another teeth coming from nowhere, it wouldn't have sense, just like the stash. First of all, if it was this way, the teeth would start from over the end of the nose. Just take a look to the new shots somebody posted. So this is just impossible. Again, I don't know how could we draw just a full black eye. That's just how it looks to appear to us, since it is far and in movement. Again, why don't you try to look at other logos from a good distance while they're moving? You will NEVER see it like it really is.

Stash you say?? I don't think so. Just think of this: we got the moon in PROFILE! NOW! You say that's a stash? and the little stuff in front of it's mouth is the other side of the stash?? IMPOSSIBLE! For 2 reasons:

1) I don't think the designer was complete fool.
2) Like I told you before, the moon is in PROFILE. If that little stuff is the other side of the stash, the perspective would have been COMPLETELY WRONG!!

So in definitive, I will not draw the logo super stylized with a black eye and neither with a stash. But if you want a stylized logo with moustaches... well, do what you want....
The moon has got perspective on its stomach where the knife goes in and out so why would it not have any on its face. Also the eye is not super stylized it's just a black pit caused by the shadow from his big frowned brow,this would have made the patch easier to make having not had to design an actual eye, an example of what i think it;s based on

cant seem to get the picture any bigger?
Last edited by turnbull gbr on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

NComics

Post by NComics »

turnbull gbr wrote: The moon has got perspective on its stomach where the knife goes in and out so why would it not have any on its face. Also the eye is not super stylized it's just a black pit caused by the shadow from his big frowned brow,this would have made the patch easier to make having not had to design an actual eye, an example of what i think it;s based on

cant seem to get the picture any bigger?
The moon is definitelly in profile. All of it. It's the sword that is inclined. The handle is nearer and the blade's more far. If you take a ruler, you'll se that nearing the end of the blade, it's a little smaller then at the start. The face is totally in profile. I don't think a designer/illustrator would have done a moustache with a perspective like that.
It would have been something like this stuff....

Almost a frontal mouth on a profile face.....  :?

I drew the eye from the refs we have and obviously trying to recreate it how I think to see it. I made the shadow me too, but I didn't cover the whole eye. There's not a so big shadow. I really think it's something like I did.
Last edited by NComics on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/dAbannerpiccolo.jpg[/img] [img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/logodagrouppiccolo.jpg[/img]

wargod

Post by wargod »

chrismasonic wrote: there is no logical reason why it could not be a moustache...
if the original designer drew a tashe then the moon has a tashe...
it doesn't matter if you shouldn't see the right side of it cos its in profile...it's a drawing
it could quite possibly be a moustashe...theres a good arguement for it...it sure looks like one in the close up...

but if it is teeth...they must be a different shape
as i said earlier i think the NComics drawing is too pro...

Moonrunners didn't get pro graphic designers to do there logo...its DIY...
the letters arn't uniform...
and details on the face more basic...
i know it's very hard not to add your own style to it...almost impossible

i've done another design and addressed some of the problems i have with the NComics one...

this one is ased on the white being teeth...i havn't added any detail to them yet...
and i will do another design with a moustache...i just threw on my felt lettering to give it a more hand done appearance...

well tell me this then.....why on earth would teeth be connected to a nose :shock:
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

ILLER...

Post by ILLER... »

it's not a nose, it's just flat surface that extends straight to the lip...

this is never gonna get done, we'll never agree on one thing.
born in the 80s
raised in the 90s
i keep it 100

triscender

Post by triscender »

im not going to entertain this anymore.... nc did a real good job explaining it all in his last few posts.

are you guys even going to buy a jacket? if not then what does it matter to you lol

wargod

Post by wargod »

yeah ill buy one just to add to my collection but i wont like it as much if i know it isnt perfect or damn near perfect
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

triscender

Post by triscender »

and why are we going to obsess over these minor details? overall, it's accurate.

ill say it again, if you posted movie shots of all of the logos you will find that there are minor details that dont match up to the replicas that you purchased. but overall they are accurate.

triscender

Post by triscender »

again, grab screen shots of the other logos then look at your replicas..

with the replicas that i own, there are minor differences on all of them... warriors, rogues, ee, satans mothers, all of them!!

it's just that we never ripped those apart like we did on this one

get over it - it's at least 90% accurate, which is good enough for me

accept the fact that we dont have a clear shot and some of the details need to be left up to interpretation.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I am def in for a jacket. I think NC was as screen acurate (and it will look good too)
"It's on and we're going!"

NComics

Post by NComics »

wargod wrote: yeah ill buy one just to add to my collection but i wont like it as much if i know it isnt perfect or damn near perfect
Well, wargod, just think this. If we will never have a chance to see the original logo, we will never be able to make it perfect or even near perfection. Finish.
Personally I think it's really cool, and I'm proud of my work.

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

fair fair fair.

i think it looks brilliant so far =]

but if u wanna get it perfick might wanna look into the tash idea

tashes are the future!  :lol:

NComics

Post by NComics »

union_jack wrote: fair fair fair.

i think it looks brilliant so far =]

but if u wanna get it perfick might wanna look into the tash idea

tashes are the future!  :lol:
HAH! :D The future, huh??
I don't even think about adding a tashe to that poor moon! :lol:

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

NComics wrote: Playing with photoshop, I noticed this.

Going by this pic as reference, then I think what we've got is damn close.  If you squint your eyes at the last couple of designs, they look close to what we had previous.  The only change i've made since my last posted pic is a slight thickening of the eyebrow to emphasise the angle.  I tried giving it something infront of its mouth, but it makes the design too busy.  We're better off without it. As far as the moon goes, I think its good enough to go.  Just need the colouring of the letters shadows to be tidied up so it goes all the way to the edges.

What about the size?  Excluding protruding arm, I reckon its roughly the size of a 12" LP.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.