Moonrunners jacket

Discuss costumes from the movie and other clothing & apparel.
triscender

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by triscender »

yea i agree, i mean all in all there are probably 5 people tops on this thread that will end up dishing out the dough for this..

the mooonrunners is probably recognized by the rest of the world because of the video game.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I agree. I really just want a jacket at this point. Just saying if we have time we should still mess with it. If SM is ready, then I am ready too.
"It's on and we're going!"

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

how are the patches actually made? from the design to the finished patch, what is the actual process?
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Art is sent to maker. Maker puts art in to computer that converts it to a weave. That is then sent to a machine, the yarns are loaded and the patch is embroidered.

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

I can't rest until i find out what the real design looks like...

it's up to the people that are buying the finished product to which design they like...

what measures have we pursued to find out apart from screen grabbing from the dvd?

ILLER...

Post by ILLER... »

i want movie acurate, w/ a squinty black eye...

and guise i hate to admit it... but it does look like a damn mustache.
born in the 80s
raised in the 90s
i keep it 100

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

I don't know about anyone else but i've scoured the net for hours upon hours looking for pictures or information, Lier says they have been intouch with the patch maker, but they didn't have the time of day for him.
I thought your patch with the tash added was on its way to what i picture it as, apart from the eye which needed to look more like a shadow from his brow rather than shades. I've just been back through the dvd to try and get more screen grabs but there isn't anymore. the one i've posted with Fox in the frame is in my opinion the only screen grab that isn't distorted.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

i'm curious to know more about the patch maker story...and any other pursuits people have made to find out about original designs

i'm saying tashe till someone proves otherwise

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Apart from sitting on the doorstep & waiting for the costume director or patch maker (they are both in NYC and both myself & 9th contacted them to no avail) I think we have all the info and screen grabs we are going to have.

Both 9th and I emailed the costume designer and patch maker. I got no response from either. I think the costume designer's assistant emailed 9th back and said they were busy and what was he contacting them for. I don't think the patch maker got back to him either.

If you can think of another way (beside what I said about camping out) then let's hear it. I have been trying to figure this & other costumes out for months now. 
Last edited by LIER ONE on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

can i get the patch makers details please?

i'd like to try and contact them regarding a project...

triscender

Post by triscender »

whoever has blue ray and a hi def tv try to pause it and let us know if its any clearer than what we have

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

chrismasonic wrote: can i get the patch makers details please?

i'd like to try and contact them regarding a project...
DVD homie has the names, then google I believe they both have web sites.

triscender

Post by triscender »

although i am 100 percent happy with nc's work and i feel that he has it accurate, i would say that if there were anything in front of the the moons mouth then it would be exhale - i mean he does have a sword through his body and a painful look on his face.

im not saying we go ahead and change the drawing, just saying what i think it possibly could be in my opinion, but i still think that nc's is more accurate than this possibility.

if you look at the moon runners lettering even thats distorted in the screen grabs

ultimately, i think its just teeth and that our pic is distorted

NComics

Post by NComics »

I really think the logo doesn't need other changes. I'm sure the eye isn't totally black. Just take a look again to this ref pic I posted here some times ago.

If you look closely, you can see the ball of the eye and a white spot that forms the white of the eye. Looking at the other refs, I'm quite sure the eye is something like this. And I don't really see why lose time drawing him with a moustache, since I can figure it out already in my mind, and I don't think it would look good. I'm not going to change nothing else anymore, just because there will be always something to change until we got the original patch in our hands. It would just be a waste of time.

Regarding the refined version of 9th. Well, that just isn't a finished piece. First of all we can still see the pencils. This will give difficulties to the patcher for sure. Then those "inks" are not inks. We can clearly see the pixels going everywhere, and that's also a low risolution image. For sure not a standard to make something in the illustration field. The colors I put on the last tryout was just a little more accurate than before, but nothing definitive. Same thing for the red shadow of the text. And for sure the moon doesn't have blood coming out from it's body, I checked it out with some filters to capture the reds, and there is no red in there. And that black shape under his arm that 9th did just doesn't exist. It just due to the crease of the jacket.

At last I don't understand why submit the unfinished product, instead of making me ink and color it. I know that maybe I've stole the place to someone on making the logo, but I asked your permit and you gave me it. Anyway, I would just like to do the best I can on this logo. And this is just an unfinished product right now. Just wait until I'm able to make a blue line of the logo and then I will finish it once for all. We have no rush, no? You all agree?
[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/dAbannerpiccolo.jpg[/img] [img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/logodagrouppiccolo.jpg[/img]
www.8red7.deviantart.com - www.thewarriors-movie.deviantart.com

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

that left picture really shows how the perspective is off profile.. u can see the left of the lip and stuff