Moonrunners jacket

Discuss costumes from the movie and other clothing & apparel.
turnbull gbr

Re: Moonrunners jacket

Post by turnbull gbr »

NComics wrote: I really think the logo doesn't need other changes. I'm sure the eye isn't totally black. Just take a look again to this ref pic I posted here some times ago.

If you look closely, you can see the ball of the eye and a white spot that forms the white of the eye. Looking at the other refs, I'm quite sure the eye is something like this. And I don't really see why lose time drawing him with a moustache, since I can figure it out already in my mind, and I don't think it would look good. I'm not going to change nothing else anymore, just because there will be always something to change until we got the original patch in our hands. It would just be a waste of time.

Regarding the refined version of 9th. Well, that just isn't a finished piece. First of all we can still see the pencils. This will give difficulties to the patcher for sure. Then those "inks" are not inks. We can clearly see the pixels going everywhere, and that's also a low risolution image. For sure not a standard to make something in the illustration field. The colors I put on the last tryout was just a little more accurate than before, but nothing definitive. Same thing for the red shadow of the text. And for sure the moon doesn't have blood coming out from it's body, I checked it out with some filters to capture the reds, and there is no red in there. And that black shape under his arm that 9th did just doesn't exist. It just due to the crease of the jacket.

At last I don't understand why submit the unfinished product, instead of making me ink and color it. I know that maybe I've stole the place to someone on making the logo, but I asked your permit and you gave me it. Anyway, I would just like to do the best I can on this logo. And this is just an unfinished product right now. Just wait until I'm able to make a blue line of the logo and then I will finish it once for all. We have no rush, no? You all agree?
I don't know how you have used this picture to referance stuff? There is colours and lines on this picture that have just appeared? as in, the white in the eye, the big black lines running through the purple, and the big black line going through the star? none of these are shown in the clearer pics
Last edited by turnbull gbr on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

I can't see how you've come up with that red line trace from that picture...i don't think its acurate...and i don't think the bit in front of the mouth is that shape...the photo adjustments have bled it too much

I can't seem to find a website for Rose Clements...who contacted her?

NComics

Post by NComics »

That shot just accentuate what I think to see in the face, nothing else. I didn't use just that shot for the refs. It just seems to give me some confirmations about my thought.

I really think it's acurate enough. :)
God.. we will never end this....
[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/dAbannerpiccolo.jpg[/img] [img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/logodagrouppiccolo.jpg[/img]
www.8red7.deviantart.com - www.thewarriors-movie.deviantart.com

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

...it won't be ended until it's finished
...i've said before i really like your drawing,i won't mind at all if that design is reproduced as a patch...
...but i would rather pursue a movie accurate design

NComics

Post by NComics »

Yeah, I know. :)
I think we want all the same thing. The "problem" is that I think this is very accurate. So if it's not, it's my fault. I told it 10 times. I really think is ready to go. But maybe we will never be all in agreerment. :)

For me we're done. I would ink it, color it, send to the dude and embroidered it will look AWESOME for me.
[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/dAbannerpiccolo.jpg[/img] [img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/NickRaimo/logodagrouppiccolo.jpg[/img]

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

i agree...it would look awesome as an embroidered piece...

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Yes NC we gave you the go-ahead to try the logo for yourself. While I appreciate you doing it, you have been very "This is the way I see it. Why waste my time doing your revisions? This is how I see it, that is how it is." Since the start of this thread, we have been doing a piece of art, posting it, get revisions from board-members and try it again. We never said "Well this is how I see it, I'm not doing anything else to it" We kept going. You are an amazing artist, but you are like many other artists I have met and are very "in to" your work and it's how you see it and no questions asked. If you enjoy doing this, I do not see the problem with just showing what the rest of us ask. I guess if you do not want to continue, is it ok to take what you did and mess with it?
"It's on and we're going!"

NComics

Post by NComics »

That's okay, I'm not upset.

I don't want to do those revisions because I really don't think it's that way, and also because I should have to erase all I did until now. And I don't like it since I think it's not so wrong.

I did all the revisions they told me to until now. I just don't want to make more, due to the small time I have to work on it and because I don't want to completely change in a way I don't believe it is.

You can't say that I didn't do what you/they told me, because I did a lot of revisions to it.
If you want that I finish it, it would be a pleasure to me that you will use that as a patch. But the decision is yours. I tried to do my best getting what I saw in my head on the sheet. If you want to make it in another way, then make it the way you want and then we can compare yours with mine. Some other think it gots moustaches and they want it with moustaches no matter what. As you can see all of us just want to realize it how we think it's right. I'm not the only one.

triscender

Post by triscender »

i'm all with NC on this one. i think he's got it as close as it will ever get

obviously since it's a blurry pic we have to interpret some of it and NC  went with what makes the most SENSE. now of course that's in NC's and my sense.

looking at the screen shots  we dont even see the bottom half of the logo but we still interpreted that

it's the safest bet to go with teeth and a little white in the eye then to go with a mustache and black beady eye.

bottom line it needed to be interpreted, and it's best to go with what's safe imo.

and again, NC you are awesome!!! serious skills.

wargod

Post by wargod »

i think its as good as its gonna get
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I am all for going with the current NC design, but I just don't see the problem with showing each of the versions people think side by side and then we go from there. I think seeing all of them along with the screen shots we can have a more screen accurate version. That is what we are all working on.

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

I'd like to know who contcted the costume designers,
people are being a bit vague on this...
who contacted rose clements and how did you find her?
a website was mentioned...i can't find it

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I don't know who is being vague. A couple of posts ago, I outlined my & 9th's attempts. Research and we found. Don't know why everyone on here has to have their hands held now. Nobody showed us the way, and I don't think she would like to be contacted by 50 fans. If she didn't have the time before, I doubt she will now. 

chrismasonic

Post by chrismasonic »

I'm not asking anyone to hold my hand...

i just wondered what had been asked so far?

i think if we can find out what exists and who has them a future exibition has a better chance of materialising...

wargod

Post by wargod »

why dont somebody make a poll and we will take votes on who thinks its ready or not...if you think its ready and its made the good for you

if you dont then...get over it
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause