Cochise's Vest on Ebay!

Discuss costumes from the movie and other clothing & apparel.

Re: Cochise's Vest on Ebay!

Postby Godfather » Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 am

video with a closer look at the patches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oLQodVT ... re=related
Godfather

Postby AJAX-11 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 am

i messaged this seller with regards to buying this vest, i wanted to negotiate but he didnt even bother replying. i'm guessing he couldnt be bothered to ship over seas or was to stubburn on his price or something but a polite refusal would have been fine, instead i spent the next three days glued to ebay waiting for a reply that never came. Shroom must be correct in saying that he is difficult to deal with. shame really, this vest deserves a an owner that appreciates it. Did any one else wince in horror at the way he man handles it in his video :shock:
AJAX-11

Postby gangbanger » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 am

[align=][align=][glow][size=200[glow]]I happen to be "the guy" you all are talking about.
In my defense I'd like to say when it was posted on Ebay 2 years ago I had it set up that any offer under an amount of $8000 would get an automated dismissal so I never even received certain offers that were under my minimum.
Also as far as Craig (shroom) goes... Stupid is as Stupid does. I'm not difficult I'm simply unyielding. Some people apparently don't like this quality.
We could not agree on a price and that was the end of that. Finally I'd just like to invite all critics to re-view my Youtube video in which I explain that I'm not sure if the patches are real or not and WHY I believe they are. I have documented proof from the original consigner and person who bought the two vests from Universal wardrobe dept that the Cochese vest was purchased with original patches. So I ask you all in this here glass house not to through stones before educating yourself on the facts and not just on hearsay.
CAN YOU DIG IT?????????? :twisted: 8-)[/glow] [/size][/glow]
[/align][/align]
gangbanger

Postby Ninth Delegate » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Well being as the auction sites have stated the patches are an exact copy, and Golden closet went through a lengthy and expensive process of tracking down the original embroidery pattern to have reproduction copies made, you can understand why some of us have doubts.
As for your theory of original stitch holes in the lining: Not trying to debunk your claim, but would like to add that over time, the holes are small enough that they will close up, much in the same way as when you put a pin badge through a shirt. I have leather vests where patches have been removed and reapplied but no marks to tell otherwise on the lining.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Cochese » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:08 am

I'm getting a bit lost here - who are you again, Gangbanger? Are you the guy that was recently trying to sell your David Harris vest on e-bay for US$5.5K?
Don't f**k with The Wongs!
Cochese

Postby gangbanger » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:25 am

Cochese wrote:I'm getting a bit lost here - who are you again, Gangbanger? Are you the guy that was recently trying to sell your David Harris vest on e-bay for US$5.5K?

Actually the Cochise vest was recently put up for auction through profiles in history not Ebay. It's the same vest as the one that was put up on Ebay two years ago and I am "The Guy" who has owned it since 2010 and has the video of it on Youtube.
gangbanger

Postby gangbanger » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:34 am

Ninth Delegate wrote:Well being as the auction sites have stated the patches are an exact copy, and Golden closet went through a lengthy and expensive process of tracking down the original embroidery pattern to have reproduction copies made, you can understand why some of us have doubts.
As for your theory of original stitch holes in the lining: Not trying to debunk your claim, but would like to add that over time, the holes are small enough that they will close up, much in the same way as when you put a pin badge through a shirt. I have leather vests where patches have been removed and reapplied but no marks to tell otherwise on the lining.

I cant argue with that conclusion since I have no such experience with sewing or stitching but I'm still skeptical and feel that their would be some trace of prior patch work being removed such as tearing or stretching, etc.
As for the auction house claims of the patches being copies I'm not sure as to why but I can provide a link to an article on the golden closet website that is an article written by someone from this here site/forum and posted here until recently. http://www.thegoldencloset.com/the-gold ... uk-site-2/
I don't know when or why it was removed from this site but it was here just a year ago when I last visited.
gangbanger

Postby Cochese » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:20 am

gangbanger wrote:
Cochese wrote:I'm getting a bit lost here - who are you again, Gangbanger? Are you the guy that was recently trying to sell your David Harris vest on e-bay for US$5.5K?

Actually the Cochise vest was recently put up for auction through profiles in history not Ebay. It's the same vest as the one that was put up on Ebay two years ago and I am "The Guy" who has owned it since 2010 and has the video of it on Youtube.

Ah, sorry! Case of mistaken identity ;O) This was "the guy" I was talking about:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181333533156? ... 1423.l2649
Cochese

Postby Ninth Delegate » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Gangbanger: The person from this site who wrote that article was Golden closet (a representative of the auction house of the same name). Search for that user name in the members list and you should be able to bring up all his posts to browse through.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Cochese » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Ninth Delegate wrote:Gangbanger: The person from this site who wrote that article was Golden closet (a representative of the auction house of the same name). Search for that user name in the members list and you should be able to bring up all his posts to browse through.

I'm probably being thick, but is this guy Gangbanger or not:
Cochese

Postby Ninth Delegate » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:29 am

Cochese wrote:
Ninth Delegate wrote:Gangbanger: The person from this site who wrote that article was Golden closet (a representative of the auction house of the same name). Search for that user name in the members list and you should be able to bring up all his posts to browse through.

No, that's a separate individual. Gangbanger is the one who has the eastgate vest which was up for auction around Christmas.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Cochese » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:42 am

Ninth Delegate wrote:
Cochese wrote:

No, that's a separate individual. Gangbanger is the one who has the eastgate vest which was up for auction around Christmas.

Oh okay, how come he's back in the picture now?
Cochese

Postby Scaley » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 pm

I thought it was just me who was thinking that, this thread lost me ages ago!
Scaley

Postby gangbanger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:42 pm

[/quote]

No, that's a separate individual. Gangbanger is the one who has the eastgate vest which was up for auction around Christmas.[/quote]

Oh okay, how come he's back in the picture now?[/quote]

I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of why their seems to be doubt about the "patches" authenticity on the cochese vest I own. I'm very proud to own such an iconic piece from the film and would just like to know about the patches. Everyone seems to believe and agree that the vest itself is real but despite the strong evidence coming from the vest and the original consigner that the patches are original some still doubt the patches.
gangbanger

Postby gangbanger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks for that bit of info ND. I'll look into it. Hoping just to get to the bottom of this "are the patches original or not" thing. Seems to me if the Vest David Harris owned and came to light a few years back had original patches that it's not such a stretch to believe that my cochese vest had them as well. Especially when the original consigner claims that they bought the cochese and plato vests together directly from universal and only the cochese vest had the original patches but the plato vest had none. Why create such a story? Why not simply lie about both vests and say they both were bought with original patches?
Its puzzling to me and I just want to know if the patches are indeed original.
Small correction though. The Golden Closet is not an auction house. It's a store that sells props and mostly costumes. That's why they originally back in 2006 consigned the cochese vest to Profiles in history. I believe it was to determine the market value of the vests to better set the price on the plato vest for sale on their site.
gangbanger

PreviousNext

Return to Clothing