Did Ajax Die?

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.
Joker

Did Ajax Die?

Post by Joker »

Hi all.  Saw the film for the first time since I was 11 the other night....with my 13 year old son!  Yep, it's been a while.  Now that I teach History, I have a totally different take on the film, and I like it.  The piece has aged well, even with some of the 70s dialogue.

My wife and I have been saying "Caaaann youuuu digiiiiiiiit!" to each other for the last few days, and have been driving our kids nuts.

Question, though: Is Ajax presumed dead by the end of the film?  I thought for sure, since he'd be locked up with a bunch of other gangers, but other websites all just say he was 'captured,' whereas Fox and Cleon are both 'killed.'

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-J-

stevo2k6

Re: Did Ajax Die?

Post by stevo2k6 »

hey mate welcome to the forum as its your first post,

ajax was arrested, nothing there to say he had died, he got arrested by the cops and thats all u saw u from ajax
S.Ritson

Rene

Post by Rene »

it's to bad he got arrested

Lion

Post by Lion »

Welcome, I see what you are saying.  I am pretty sure that it went through their minds.  No-one is to say though.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

vermin76
Heavy Muscle
Heavy Muscle

Post by vermin76 »

Joker wrote:
whereas Fox and Cleon are both 'killed.'
welcome to the forum.there is no evidence to suggest ajax was killed only arrested.there is also no evidence to say cleon was killed by the riffs as i assume they would want to give him a good beating first then ask him for information about the death of cyrus.despite the riffs yelling out "kill him".
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/winniethepooh1611/wrestlers/takersigniture.jpg[/img]
I am the warrior
I serve the death machine
Losers or conquerors
All flash past on my silver screen

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to kn

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

vermin76 wrote:
Joker wrote:
whereas Fox and Cleon are both 'killed.'
welcome to the forum.there is no evidence to suggest ajax was killed only arrested.there is also no evidence to say cleon was killed by the riffs as i assume they would want to give him a good beating first then ask him for information about the death of cyrus.despite the riffs yelling out "kill him".
Cleon was killed mate
S.Ritson

Carson

Post by Carson »

Rene wrote: it's to bad he got arrested
yeah it was, he was one of my favorite Warriors

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

its a shame but thats the way the movie is, sending a message, that just because your tough and love ya ladies, doesnt mean u will make it back :P
S.Ritson

KissTheRain

Post by KissTheRain »

I think at most he probably got a bit roughed up in prison cause lets face it, the boy had a big mouth and was bound to step on a few toes
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/Personal1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/KTRSig.jpg[/img]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

KissTheRain wrote: I think at most he probably got a bit roughed up in prison cause lets face it, the boy had a big mouth and was bound to step on a few toes
yes true, they will have their own gangs in there that he could fight and get his butt kicked
S.Ritson

Gezza

Post by Gezza »

Welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy your stay.
Did ajax die?- thats one of those many questions about the movie which cannot be answered. He was definatly arrested and sent to jail, but if he got killed, that will never be answered.
I hope you enjoy being a member on The Warriors Movie Forum and will see alot more of you.
[img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Gezza01/fableandhalogezzado.jpg[/img]
[color=red]That that dont kill me can only make me stronger.[/color]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

Gezza wrote: Welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy your stay.
Did ajax die?- thats one of those many questions about the movie which cannot be answered. He was definatly arrested and sent to jail, but if he got killed, that will never be answered.
I hope you enjoy being a member on The Warriors Movie Forum and will see alot more of you.
he got busted by the cops, thats that, thats what the movie intended, 2 deaths and an arrest :)
S.Ritson

kota

Post by kota »

no he got arrested :evil: not cool :twisted:
KOTA

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

kota wrote: no he got arrested :evil: not cool :twisted:
1 post? welcome to the forum, a great first post :D made me chuckle, no it wasnt cool but thats how it is hehe
S.Ritson

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

stevo2k6 wrote: its a shame but thats the way the movie is, sending a message, that just because your tough and love ya ladies, doesnt mean u will make it back :P
  I have read many posts about the way Ajax went out in the movie. Many of the fans prefer that he would have gone out in a blaze (Tony Montana) style. I used to think that way also.  It just shows you that  more than fighting skills were required to make it back. Im glad that Ajax didnt go out the way Cleon did. Good writing from the directors.
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]