Swan and Mercy remain a couple after its all over?

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.
flashman

Swan and Mercy remain a couple after its all over?

Post by flashman »

I can't help but wonder if Swan and Mercy remained a couple afterwards? Maybe they moved away, Swan put his colors away in the closet, got a job in a factory, they got married, had kids and lived happily ever after. By the way I realize this is just speculation on my part and I did search for this topic and found no previous posts on this subject...

Joker

Re: Swan and Mercy remain a couple after its all over?

Post by Joker »

....I'd like to think so, but don't see it as likely.  Imagine what a hard life they both must have had to be a gang member and a prostitute.  I know, I know, it's only a movie.  But I guess I'm just older now, and because of that I have to see reasons to believe what I'm seeing on the screen.

In short: I think they're doomed.

Oh, well!

KissTheRain

Post by KissTheRain »

Being a total romantic...i'd like to think so. Mercy and Swan seemed to get each other so I think they could connect on that level.
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/Personal1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/replica_1990/KTRSig.jpg[/img]

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

With Cleon dead, Ajax in jail? and if Merecy and Swan left? i would say Snow would be most likely to be the new leader of the Warriors 
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Good point, my vote goes to Snow too!!!
He is Tough enough, and also very Reflective... in a word (well, 2+and :D): Power and Strategy. Like Swan... Born to be Leader!!! ;)
... and to go away with Mercy... :lol: 8)
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Luther828

Post by Luther828 »

I think that they wouldn't cause Swan didn't seem to enjoy being in a gang so he'd take off. Mercy wouldn't wanna go with him cause I think that she couldn't leave that life behind.

Vermin for next Warlord: he's funny and tough. 8)
[img]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm208/Luther828/Imgonnamakethispencildissapearsig.gif[/img]
"Let me do a magic trick,
"I'm gonna make this pencil...disappear!
" Ta-Dah!
"It's...gone!"

nazzac

Post by nazzac »

i think they would have just hung out with the warriors.
Nazzac The Living Legend: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11962.0

The Bangers(F): http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10828.0

FURIES:Their Story(F): http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10754.0

Joker

Post by Joker »

.....You know, I looked at one of my older posts on this topic, and I'm thinking of changing my mind.

A buddy, knowing how much I enjoyed the film, gave me a book about streetgangs in the late 60s/early 70s called "The Cross and the Switchblade"  It's a true story about a minister who went into the gang environments and ended up changing a number of people's lives. There was one fellow, a bopper named Nicky Cruz, who was so much like Ajax I kept on thinking of Ajax's voice each time the fellow talked in the book.

Anyway, there were a number of people in the book who have analogues in the film.  One of the girls, Maria, had some similarities to Mercy, and gets her life on track after spiralling way down and almost hitting bottom.  Nicky, the most hardcore ganger in NYC of his day, ends up changing so radically he becomes a preacher and writes his own book called "Devil on the Run."

So, if real-life gangers can switch tracks and get it together, maybe there would be hope for Swan and Mercy/ :)

devilhunter

Post by devilhunter »

Joker wrote: ....I'd like to think so, but don't see it as likely.  Imagine what a hard life they both must have had to be a gang member and a prostitute.  I know, I know, it's only a movie.  But I guess I'm just older now, and because of that I have to see reasons to believe what I'm seeing on the screen.

In short: I think they're doomed.

Oh, well!
Mercy was NOT a prositute ("I aint no whore").

I believe that yes they would have remained a couple and I think they would have taken off somewhere.
It was mentioned in the film anyway ("I like travelling", "where you been ?", "no where - I just Know I would like it").
"In the city...."

nightarmyWARRIOR

Post by nightarmyWARRIOR »

I think they stayed together. Why? Well... Beacuse, if you remember at the end of the movie, Swan say to Mercy: "Maybe I just better takeoff." After that, Mercy says she likes to travel a lot etc.
I would say that is true. They are go in another city, started some new business, have children etc.
That's just my opinion. =)

By the way, Snow would be warlord.  :lol:

flashman

Post by flashman »

I like the Scurvy Dog's view point on the matter, but I think they actually got married and had a family together. Swan still drinks beers with the guys on the weekend, but Mercy made a family man out of him.

flashman

Post by flashman »

I would think so and he has a beer gut too....ha,ha. Seriously, I could see the two of them having a life together, but at the same time I could see Swan coming home from work and saying "Hey B**ch where's my turkey pot pie?"....ha,ha. He might grow up and be the kind of guy that is abusive to his woman after the rough times in his early gang years... :cry:

flashman

Post by flashman »

That's it!!! They did get married and have a kid and Judd Nelson is their son!!! Scurvy Dog you have figured it out and deserve a bone for that one...ha,ha. He does kind of resemble what a child of Mercy and Swan would look like....ha,ha.

I don't know what it is but the more I think of Mercy these days the hotter she gets....maybe she's starting to grow on me or something SD.

flashman

Post by flashman »

There's just something about chics that are both tough and attractive...or maybe its those luscious lips of hers...ha,ha  :shock:

flashman

Post by flashman »

Now before anyone says anything about the Lizzies I just didn't find any of them attractive. I thought they were some sneaky and weird looking chics myself and I would have never went anywhere with them. I think the guys were thirsty after all that running and just wanted to throw down some cold beers...ha,ha