Did you know?

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.
Cee Loc

Did you know?

Post by Cee Loc »

Hey, i'm new at the forum, and i'm sorry if there's already a post about this, but i haven't posted my 10 first posts yet, so i can't write about this the place it belongs.

I just want to ask, how many in here know that The Warriors was based on the ancient Greek nonfiction tale Anabasis (also published as The Persian Expedition), written around 370 BC by the Spartan general Xenophon. In this classic tale, a battalion of 10,000 Spartan mercenaries join the Persian emperor Cyrus for a war in Asia Minor (i.e. Turkey). Cyrus's army is defeated, the Spartan leaders are captured, and the remaining force must make their way across country, fighting various hostile tribes along the way, experiencing their own internal power struggles, until they reach the safety of the sea  O:)

Also the name Ajax came after the Greek Warrior  :)

stevo2k6

Re: Did you know?

Post by stevo2k6 »

yes we know. and good research to. :P

welcome to the forum and hope u feel welcome and enjoy :)

my names ste by the way :)
S.Ritson

warriors4life2008

Post by warriors4life2008 »

yeah did you see the beginnig of the warriors movie but good find anyway warrior :D

saw-it-in-1979

Post by saw-it-in-1979 »

Hello everyone. Trying to navigate here.

Like said earlier, the DC has the history as a prelude. I also believe this is part of the story line for 300, excuse the cliche, "But this is Sparta".
Last edited by saw-it-in-1979 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warriors4life2008

Post by warriors4life2008 »

do your first 10 post in the proving grounds

saw-it-in-1979

Post by saw-it-in-1979 »

That's where I started, but didn't see where "new" post in that thread were.

nightarmyWARRIOR

Post by nightarmyWARRIOR »

Yeah, nice work, Cee Loc!!! ;)
I saw that somewhere but i cant remember... Its very useful. But I already known, when I heard for that name (The Warriors), I realise warriors name was from ancient Greek.
Still, you're good.  ;)

CheesyJesus

Post by CheesyJesus »

I even found the meaning of some of their name's

Cleon-The boy's name Cleon \c-leon\ is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "renowned".

Ajax-The boy's name Ajax \a-jax\ is of Greek origin. Greek mythology: the name of two heroes of the Trojan War as told by Homer's "Iliad". Ajax Telamonius, or Ajax the Great, was a Greek hero and legendary king of Salamis. Ajax Oileus, or Ajax the Lesser, was a Greek hero and legendary king of Locris.

Cochise-The boy's name Cochise \c(o)-chi-se\ is pronounced ko-CHEECE. It is of Native American Indian origin. The name of a renowned warrior, chief of the Chiricahua Apache.

Fox-The boy's name Fox \fox\ is of Old English origin, and its meaning is "fox". Probably refers to a fox-catcher or to a fox's den. Journalist Fox Butterfield; English statesman Charles James Fox.

Rembrandt- Probably refers to the painter Rembrandt Peale. (origin unkown)

Well I think we all know what Cowboy means lol

Strange though that I didn't find Swan or Snow(ball) or Vermin
[img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Gezza01/cheesyjesus.jpg[/img]

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Fox's name was fitting.  He was the scout, so he had to be quick on his feet......  like a fox.

Yesterday, as a matter of fact, I was trying to figure out why the name "Swan" was chosen for a gang member.  Anybody have ideas?

Snow (short for Snowball).....    you make a little snowball, put it on a snow-covered hill and start rolling it.  Then, it gets so huge and heavy, you can't stop it.  Our character, Snow(ball).  Once he starts fighting, the adrenelin sets in, he gets more intense and maximum damage is done.

Vermin? 

Somebody wrote something in the fan fiction forum, some time ago, about how he and Cleon met.  I don't think the reason for his being named "Vermin" was revealed.  It was a while ago when I read it.

Maybe he likes cheese?    ??????
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

For Snow I always thought of him as a trusted keeper of things. If another member had something they wanted him to look after they could give it to Snow and it would be safe. He was the keeper of the molotov.  Being that they were a street gang and most likely involved in illeagal activity and that cocaine was very big in  1979 and called snow, he would be the keeper of the gangs snow? 
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Snow falls silently and can be dangerous.  Snow (the warrior) was originally supposed to be silent throughout the film.  Apart from that, i'm lost for ideas.  Anyone who's watched the film "clerks" will know that snowball has a completly different meaning these days.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

warriors#1fan

Post by warriors#1fan »

WARRIORS ROCJ FOR EVER :twisted:

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Ninth Delegate wrote: Snow falls silently and can be dangerous.  Snow (the warrior) was originally supposed to be silent throughout the film.  Apart from that, i'm lost for ideas. 
No, I think you've got it.  Think you hit the nail on the head.  His bite was a lot worse than his bark.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."