A comment on our society...

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.
Post Reply
User avatar
Big Dada
Rank: New Blood
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 pm

A comment on our society...

Post by Big Dada »

I have watched this movie with my son many times and we still enjoy it... :)

He sees things in it that I don't see and vica versa...

I see the movie as a comment on our society both negative and positive.

The negative is that the many can be lead to do the wrong thing by those who chose to want only those things that are greedy and selfish. Something that is still strue today as it was when the movie was first made.

The positive is that if you remain true to yourself and those things that you believe in then maybe, just maybe, you can win. And even if you don't you still have the dignity and self esteem that no-one can take away.

What does everyone else think???
"Why are you so happy about this?"
"'Cause I'm having a good time!"

MiddleMan07
Warrior
Posts: 1006
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Regina, Canada

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by MiddleMan07 »

I think the movie is about kicking some ass and finding yourself along the way. Can you dig it newblood?

User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by 4nik8 »

Calling someone a new blood should be a bannable offense!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

MiddleMan07
Warrior
Posts: 1006
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Regina, Canada

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by MiddleMan07 »

4nik8 wrote: Calling someone a new blood should be a bannable offense!
Not at all my man, actually the first rank you achieve on this forum is 'new blood.' Just a term to describe someone new here. Take it easy on the hostility brother.

User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by 4nik8 »

Irony! My response was based on my misperception of your hostility!

…all works out in the end, eh?
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

MiddleMan07
Warrior
Posts: 1006
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Regina, Canada

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by MiddleMan07 »

4nik8 wrote: Irony! My response was based on my misperception of your hostility!

…all works out in the end, eh?
Most of the time! haha

User avatar
Big Dada
Rank: New Blood
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by Big Dada »

MiddleMan07 wrote: I think the movie is about kicking some ass and finding yourself along the way. Can you dig it newblood?

but of course... sometimes "kicking ass" is what you need to be able to do to survive... but finding yourself is the most important thing.. :)
"Why are you so happy about this?"
"'Cause I'm having a good time!"

User avatar
Scurvy Dog
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:12 pm

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by Scurvy Dog »

4nik8 wrote: Irony! My response was based on my misperception of your hostility!

…all works out in the end, eh?
MiddleMan07 wrote:
4nik8 wrote: Calling someone a new blood should be a bannable offense!
Not at all my man, actually the first rank you achieve on this forum is 'new blood.' Just a term to describe someone new here. Take it easy on the hostility brother.
A lot of the veterans here (and by veterans I mean the people here in the beginning) used to laugh when someone with 300 or so posts would call someone else a new blood. It was kind of a "pot and kettle" thing, to them.

User avatar
Lion
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by Lion »

Big Dada wrote: I have watched this movie with my son many times and we still enjoy it... :)

He sees things in it that I don't see and vica versa...

I see the movie as a comment on our society both negative and positive.

The negative is that the many can be lead to do the wrong thing by those who chose to want only those things that are greedy and selfish. Something that is still strue today as it was when the movie was first made.

The positive is that if you remain true to yourself and those things that you believe in then maybe, just maybe, you can win. And even if you don't you still have the dignity and self esteem that no-one can take away.

What does everyone else think???
all in all, it's all about survival, strength and loyalty to those around you who do the same for you.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

User avatar
GrandTheftAaron
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:35 am
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by GrandTheftAaron »

Lion wrote: all in all, it's all about survival, strength and loyalty to those around you who do the same for you.
Agreed. The gang even turned back for Ajax, even after defying the warcheif himself.

User avatar
flew to high
Rank: Savage Hun
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: London

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by flew to high »

I agree that loyalty is probly the biggest lesson learned but also I think that in Swan's case he had to come in to his own after Cleon was gone, taking on the responsibility of getting everyone back home and possibly almost an older brother like quality to some of the younger members (example when Swan was talking to Rembrant before the meeting).

User avatar
Lion
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by Lion »

i think this what kept the gang together, i believe their friendship went beyond that.  they saw each other like brothers, you can see were they see rembrandt as their little brother.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

User avatar
GrandTheftAaron
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:35 am
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by GrandTheftAaron »

Lion wrote: i think this what kept the gang together, i believe their friendship went beyond that.  they saw each other like brothers, you can see were they see rembrandt as their little brother.
Does anyone think that if Cleon was still around after the conclave, he would have left ajax behind? Or turned back for him and fight the cops to free him?

User avatar
flew to high
Rank: Savage Hun
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: London

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by flew to high »

GrandTheftAaron wrote:
Lion wrote: i think this what kept the gang together, i believe their friendship went beyond that.  they saw each other like brothers, you can see were they see rembrandt as their little brother.
Does anyone think that if Cleon was still around after the conclave, he would have left ajax behind? Or turned back for him and fight the cops to free him?
Good question, I personally think Cleon would have done the same as Swan, Cleon told Ajax at the begining " you just soldier and keep your mouth shut" basicly Cleon knew Ajax was a liability and I don't think Cleon would have hesitated to leave him behind.

User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: A comment on our society...

Post by 4nik8 »

not to mention that instead of one arrested Warrior, you'd have have several dead Warriors...
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

Post Reply