Hiya!

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.
Braveheart

Hiya!

Post by Braveheart »

Another fan from Scotland here, movie's awesome but, probably like most people, I have my own little twists which could have made the film much better. In my opinion anyway haha. The main one being I didn't think there was enough fighting in the film. I know it's more about them getting back home, but I'd of liked more fight scenes with more of the many gangs. As for favourite warrior - Vermin. Ajax is cool but a bit of a twat, Swan's cool too...everyone of them is cool! Been reading around the forum and I agree, Cleon should have come back at the end or half way through or something instead of being apparently killed at the beginning.

I tried reading the rules from the post at the top of this forum but they just link back to the main page. ::) And what's wrong with the smilies? Half of them are broken. :cry:

4nik8

Re: Hiya!

Post by 4nik8 »

Braveheart wrote:And what's wrong with the smilies? Half of them are broken. :cry:

There was a, relatively, recent board switch - not all of the smilies made it through!

oh, and welcome to the boards... HAGGIS!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

Godfather

Post by Godfather »

Hey welcome to the forum! As for the smileys, 4nik8 is right, many didn't make it :cry:

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

We will never forget their brave sacifice!

Gramercy Riffs Yeh Right

Post by Gramercy Riffs Yeh Right »

Welcome to the board Braveheart

Lux

Post by Lux »

Hi and welcome to the board!
Braveheart wrote:I tried reading the rules from the post at the top of this forum but they just link back to the main page. ::) And what's wrong with the smilies? Half of them are broken. :cry:
These are the rules (just copied and pasted from an old thread):

1. NO SWEARING.
(i) Do not swear unless quoting from a movie.
(ii) Placing symbols in swear words (e.g. *) still counts as swearing.

2. NO HOSTILITY.
(i) Rudeness, insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
(ii) Racism or religious hatred and any other type of discrimination will not be tolerated.
(iii) Do not insult new members, moderators will deal with them as appropriate.

3. NO INAPPROPRIATE / ILLEGAL DISCUSSIONS.
(i) Discussion of illegal activities (e.g. piracy), real life gangs and weapons is prohibited.

4. NO NEGATIVITY.
(i) Only make constructive comments as negative comments will be deleted.

5. NO SPAMMING.
(i) Links to unrelated sites should be posted in the off topic forum.
(ii) Inappropriate posting anywhere in the forum is not allowed.

6. NO TRADING.
(i) Please do not trade items on the site. Posting links to your items on eBay is encouraged.

Also: your first 10 posts should be made in Proving Grounds and you cannot post in Coney Island area unless you have more than 250 posts.

I hope you enjoy the forum, see ya!

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

Lux wrote:1. NO SWEARING.
(i) Do not swear unless quoting from a movie..!
This one always struck me as funny - what's to prevent anyone from swearing endlessly, and then following it up with "as Joe Pesci said in Goodfella's"??

katedoll

Post by katedoll »

4nik8 wrote:
Lux wrote:1. NO SWEARING.
(i) Do not swear unless quoting from a movie..!
This one always struck me as funny - what's to prevent anyone from swearing endlessly, and then following it up with "as Joe Pesci said in Goodfella's"??
haha cool

moonrunner27

Post by moonrunner27 »

sup man im kind of new to im enjoying it welcome to te board mate.
maybe we'll get to waste a few heads along the way...

Cochese

Post by Cochese »

Lux wrote:Hi and welcome to the board!
Braveheart wrote:I tried reading the rules from the post at the top of this forum but they just link back to the main page. ::) And what's wrong with the smilies? Half of them are broken. :cry:
These are the rules (just copied and pasted from an old thread):

1. NO SWEARING.
(i) Do not swear unless quoting from a movie.
(ii) Placing symbols in swear words (e.g. *) still counts as swearing.

Oh s**t! Just modified my signature. Sorry guys!
Don't f**k with The Wongs!

Steve Dilks

Post by Steve Dilks »

Hey guys- I watched "The warriors" for the first ime on DVD yesterday. I picked up the original version for £3 quid. Some guys were talking about it on the conanmovieblog and I felt kind of embarassed because -though I'm nearly 40 -I never actually got round to watching it! Well, I'm damn glad I did. What an awesome movie. I love the "Rumble fish" movie and read all of S.E. Hinton's books on the strength of that as a teenager- so how come this passed me by? In a way I'm glad it did though. I got that same visceral thrill from watching this movie yesterday as I did from watching "Rumble fish" all those years ago. I know its useless to compare the two in terms of stylism- I enjoyed this more on a pulpish level in much the same way I enjoy watching "Escape from New York" for example.
Anyhow I like the site you have here and thought I would mozy on over to the turf to throw in my two cents for what its worth to y'all.
As for the remake...I am a big Conan fan and have been following the new version of that film for over a year and a half on the blog. I went to the premiere in London and came away feeling very cheated. It was an awful waste. The eighties were a different time recapturing the style and movies of that time cannot be done. I say move on and define the times of today. Living in the past is no way to live at all.
Thanks for listenin'.