copy cats

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.
the blue fox

copy cats

Post by the blue fox »

my first post!!! did anyone have a copy cat gang as a kid after seeing the warriors??? i was 9 yrs old and immediately formed 'the scrumpers' with the kids in our street.
9 guys,no weapons

wargod

Re: copy cats

Post by wargod »

the blue fox wrote:my first post!!! did anyone have a copy cat gang as a kid after seeing the warriors??? i was 9 yrs old and immediately formed 'the scrumpers' with the kids in our street.

whats a scrumper?

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

I'm guessing something to do with apple scrumping 8) I loved doing it as a kid.

the blue fox

Post by the blue fox »

dead right, apple scrumping, although comin from Highfields (inner city) Leicester there wernt a lot of apple trees around! Just liked the name.
9 guys,no weapons

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

wargod wrote:whats a scrumper?
turnbull gbr wrote:I'm guessing something to do with apple scrumping 8) I loved doing it as a kid.
ah, that makes sense then...

what the hell's apple scrumping?!?!?
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

You find an apple tree usually in someone's back garden, you run in as fast as you can, steal as many apples as fast as you can, then run away as fast as you can! great fun.

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

And thus was born the apple cider drink called scrumpy.

Never had a copycat gang but did form a B boy crew called Auto Breakers. We got the name from 2 sources. There was a popular kids tv show on a saturday afternoon called Auto-man (from what I remember, the main guy used to phone up his computer and it would return a data stream down the phone line and turn him into a "Tron" type superhero) and there was a local car scrap yard also called auto breakers.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

Suburban Warlord

Post by Suburban Warlord »

There's this radio show on Sunday's called "Breakfast with the Beatles". The host calls the fans "Apple Scruffs."
Although I know that has alot more to do with the Beatle's old record label, but I wonder if there is a connection.

Godfather

Post by Godfather »

Me and a friend formed the Dragons for about two weeks in the 6th grade. LOL, it was more like a club of two geeks who were into dugeons and dragons.

Suburban Warlord

Post by Suburban Warlord »

Hey, when yer 12 years old, it can hurt getting hit in the face with a sack of D20's. (spare me any lewd
references please).

wargod

Post by wargod »

i remember when i was 12 i got into a fight with "gangster disciples" and me and my friends beat the crap out of them. We got hit a few times but we had more blood on our knuckles then anything else lol

GrandTheftAaron

Post by GrandTheftAaron »

Suburban Warlord wrote:There's this radio show on Sunday's called "Breakfast with the Beatles". The host calls the fans "Apple Scruffs."
Although I know that has alot more to do with the Beatle's old record label, but I wonder if there is a connection.
We've got one of those same shows on Sundays called "Beatles Brunch" on our oldies channel here in Des Moines! Well I guess the closest I came to having a "gang" is when I was in my 8th grade gym class and our flag football team's name was The Warriors

neo

Post by neo »

lol, scrumpers

KingOfConey

Post by KingOfConey »

Cobden Warriors ( i lived in the suburb Cobden) we use to steal stuff like mail boxes and signs nothing important i was ten at the time i cant think about it now without laughing
bow before the king

Rate 5

Post by Rate 5 »

When I was 9/10 I was in The Milperra Boyz ( yes, tragically with a "z") , we'd cruise around on bmx's and our Powell peraltas, rock shit tags and steal Garbage Pail Kids from the shops,set fires, all sorts of kid stuff. Good times!! actually, some of the TMB tags are still around :D
you gonna pay for that?