My meeting with Fox in New York (April 2015)

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.

My meeting with Fox in New York (April 2015)

Postby redwood » Sun May 03, 2015 5:06 pm

First off, new UK member saying "hello" to all fellow Warriors fans.

In February I reached out direct to Warriors cast members, or people who were close to the cast members who could pass my details on. I was letting them know I was due to be in New York in April and would there be any chance of arranging a meet and greet.
I was lucky enough to recieve 3 replies (Craig Baxley - Punks, Thomas G Waites - Warriors, Apache Ramos - Orphans), Craig was very polite and said as he lives in California he wouldn't be able to meet me, Thomas G Waites and Apache Ramos both agreed to meet me during my trip.
I flew out to New York on the 22nd April and meet Thomas in a Starbucks coffee shop near where he lived, as you can imagine I was nervous about this personal meeting with such a big character from my favourite movie - I've met other famous people in the past and they haven't been as nice as I hoped. He didn't dissapoint, as soon as we met we greeted and shook hands and he even joked about the fact I was wearing my Furies t-shirt.
I stayed with him about 30-40 mins and he was kind enough to chat personal stuff about the filming of the Warriors and other movies he's worked on and his other work ventures. He also signed 6 items for me and 2 for my friend I was with. He also gave me a Warriors tshirt that he had that he's seen wearing at a Warriors reunion from a few years back.
He asked me and my friend lots of questions too and was just an all around really decent guy. He even tried contacting Dorsey Wright to see if I could meet him too during my trip (Dorsey didn't get back to him so that meeting didn't happen). He said he doesn't do Convention signings that much due to timing / work commitments and travel - so the odds of seeing in the UK would be very rare.
The above meeting was a really great start to the trip, I was still in contact with Apache Ramos at this stage and we were trying to arrange a meeting date but this meeting didn't end up happening in the end - I'm gutted about that but the fact I met Thomas was a great result.

Hopefully if I uploaded them correct, you'll see the photos of Thomas as he looks now, signing items, the t-shirt he gave me, and the 6 items I got signed (3 personal To Dean, 3 undedicated).

I'm actually willing to sell 3 of the items or possibly swap for signed cast members I haven't got (I currently have Thomas G Waites / Michael Beck / David Harris / Deborah Van Valkenburg).
Remember James Remar is in London in July in case you wanted to get the items signed by him too.
redwood

Re: My meeting with Fox in New York (April 2015)

Postby redwood » Sun May 03, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm having difficulty attaching the pictures so I've messaged Gareth to advise about this. Will show you the pics asap.

Just noticed a Warriors v Outsiders topic on this forum. I'm actually selling my signed Outsiders movie poster if anybody is interested.
redwood

Postby Cochese » Tue May 05, 2015 10:10 pm

OMG!!! THIS IS ACTUALLY MEGA!!! And it took a newbie to give us all the heads-up! Shame on us! Thanks, Dean!!!

Well done on nabbing Thomas, but James is by far the real find here!!
Don't f**k with The Wongs!
Cochese

Postby Cochese » Tue May 05, 2015 10:11 pm

And only 20 quid a pop for a signature(!) Bargain(!)
Cochese

Postby redwood » Wed May 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Still can't add the pics at the mo.
Cochise - if you want to PM me your email I can send the pics to you and if you want to add to this thread that would be cool.

I'm actually willing to sell 4 of the signed items and some unsigned stuff so it pays towards my other items I need and boiler maintenance haha.

Cheers.
redwood

Postby Cochese » Wed May 06, 2015 10:53 pm

That's very kind of you, but a lot of us have already met The Fox, it's Ajax and Cowboy some of us have yet to meet, that's why I was so excited about your news!!
Cochese

Postby Ninth Delegate » Thu May 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Upload the pic to photobucket then copy and paste the code.

Tom Mckitterick can be an elusive fellow. He's currently over here in the UK doing theatre direction.
Next weeks Warriors reunion looks to be a good opportunity to get a couple of uncommon cast autographs.

Lets hope James doesn't cancel his convention appearance.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby LIER ONE » Thu May 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Awesome man!! Sometimes you have to think out of the box to meet people (I waited outside a Broadway theater for LUTHER). Cowboy and FURIES leader are the only two I am missing. Won't be able to make it to the AC CONCLAVE which stinks!!
LIER ONE

Postby redwood » Thu May 07, 2015 10:24 pm

I've just put 4 Thomas G Waites signed items, the t shirt, 2 unsigned photos, and my signed Outsiders poster on eBay.
I'm keeping 2 signed pics of Thomas so if I can sell the other stuff it pays towards James Remar autographs in July and the framing costs.

If you want to see on eBay UK type in Thomas G Waites and it should show up.

Had to mention eBay here instead of for sale board as I have to put ten posts here first.

As soon as I've made my ten posts here I can make conversation on other areas then.
redwood

Postby redwood » Thu May 07, 2015 10:32 pm

I did contact David Patrick Kelly and Jerry Hewitt before I went to the states but I didn't get any response.
I told Thomas I'd contacted various people and he said DPK is a great guy and would probably make contact if he could.
He also said DPK does theatre but the show Once he was working on had finished so I couldn't even wait on Broadway for him.

I can't go to the Atlantic City show this month but I did hear that Jerry Hewitt may be attending and the organisers were trying to finalize that.

Can't wait for LFCC in July to see James Remar. Hope he doesn't cancel.
redwood

Postby Cochese » Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Ninth Delegate wrote:Upload the pic to photobucket then copy and paste the code.

Tom Mckitterick can be an elusive fellow. He's currently over here in the UK doing theatre direction.
Really?? Do tell... What d'ya know?

Next weeks Warriors reunion looks to be a good opportunity to get a couple of uncommon cast autographs.
Are you referring to the Last Subway Ride thingy? Which elusive characters might that be?

Lets hope James doesn't cancel his convention appearance.

He better bloody not!
Cochese

Postby Cochese » Thu May 07, 2015 10:42 pm

LIER ONE wrote:Awesome man!! Sometimes you have to think out of the box to meet people (I waited outside a Broadway theater for LUTHER). Cowboy and FURIES leader are the only two I am missing. Won't be able to make it to the AC CONCLAVE which stinks!!

My only regret is missing Roger Hill before he passed :cry: I still need David Patrick Kelly and Deborah Van Valkenburgh too.
Cochese

Postby LIER ONE » Fri May 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Cochese wrote:
LIER ONE wrote:Awesome man!! Sometimes you have to think out of the box to meet people (I waited outside a Broadway theater for LUTHER). Cowboy and FURIES leader are the only two I am missing. Won't be able to make it to the AC CONCLAVE which stinks!!

My only regret is missing Roger Hill before he passed :cry: I still need David Patrick Kelly and Deborah Van Valkenburgh too.

Was very happy to meet Mr. Hill before passing. Amazing man!! Deborah Van Valkenburgh is usually at every WARRIORS event so keep trying. Mr. Remar is great and really loves the fans
LIER ONE

Postby Ninth Delegate » Mon May 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Dee used to pair up with Irwin at the chiller signings. Think this is her 1st convention since Irwin took ill.
This will be Jery Hewitts 1st ever convention appearance for signing photos. There is a hour slot before the screening for him to sign baseball bats. I do believe there is an additional charge to get this.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby redwood » Mon May 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Has anybody got any genuine Warriors cast pictures they want to swap for any of the 4 signed Thomas G Waites items I have (I had 6 signed items off him), or the t-shirt I had off him.

I now have Michael Beck, David Harris, Thomas G Waites, and Deborah Van Valkenburg.

Remember my items are currently on eBay but if rather swap if poss.
redwood

Next

Return to Proving Grounds