The stars are out tonight...

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.

The stars are out tonight...

Postby CatsEye21 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:40 am

Hey all! Stoked to be here. I'm a 20-something female from Aus, just recently discovered The Warriors and now can't get it out of my head (which is real handy, 36 years after the release date - always late to the party ;) )

So how I came to be here - I was flicking channels one night when I caught sight of some Woodstock-looking gathering, seventies kids in crazy get-ups, but no bands and no music. Then some slick-looking dude in his bathrobe yelled 'can you count, suckaaaaas?' and I was hooked. I stood there for 20 minutes watching before I remembered to sit down again. I remember even that first time, I felt sick when charismatic Cyrus got shot down in his prime, right at the height of his speech - ouch.

Since then, bought the DVD, watched it way too many times then is good for my social life, and looking for a (reasonably priced) copy of the game. So much to love about this movie and for some reason it never gets old to watch.

So good to see that there's this unreal website and big community here - it seems a little quiet lately but I'm hoping some regulars are willing to chat with a newbie ;) I've already bored literally all of my friends to death talking about this movie, and I'm guessing 0% of the locals are going to understand my Baseball Furies Halloween costume this year (whatever, I'm doing it anyway) so I'm keen for a chat anytime.

As an initial offering, here's my personal Top Ajax Moments to Give the Feels:

- When he was the only one in the crowd who wasn't buying what Cyrus was peddling (with the exception of Luther, who possibly couldn't hear Cyrus's speech over the voices in his head).

- When he paused to flip off a busload of armed screaming skinheads, not to impress anyone but because he felt it was the appropriate thing to do.

- When he leapt the turnstile like the lovechild of a gazelle and a teenage Romanian gymnast.

- When he almost sang about what a 'bunch of chicken sh*ts!' the AC's were on the train.

- 'I'll give it to ya baby.'
Rewind...
'I'll give it to ya baby.'

- Every single moment of the Baseball Furies chase/fight scene, especially when he encouraged Cowboy to keep running and just accepted it when he couldn't continue, before handing out numerous epic thumpings and throwing one of the best lines of all time in there for good measure.

- Not much to love about his final scene, but he still manages one more good moment when he's beaten, bleeding, handcuffed to a bench but still curses out the cop who's standing over him with a baton. Dude was fearless.

Thanks guys - love to chat with all and any who's willing :)

Peace.
CatsEye21
CatsEye21

Re: The stars are out tonight...

Postby Cochese » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:34 am

CatsEye21 wrote:Hey all! Stoked to be here. I'm a 20-something female from Aus, just recently discovered The Warriors and now can't get it out of my head (which is real handy, 36 years after the release date - always late to the party ;) )

So how I came to be here - I was flicking channels one night when I caught sight of some Woodstock-looking gathering, seventies kids in crazy get-ups, but no bands and no music. Then some slick-looking dude in his bathrobe yelled 'can you count, suckaaaaas?' and I was hooked. I stood there for 20 minutes watching before I remembered to sit down again. I remember even that first time, I felt sick when charismatic Cyrus got shot down in his prime, right at the height of his speech - ouch.

Since then, bought the DVD, watched it way too many times then is good for my social life, and looking for a (reasonably priced) copy of the game. So much to love about this movie and for some reason it never gets old to watch.

So good to see that there's this unreal website and big community here - it seems a little quiet lately but I'm hoping some regulars are willing to chat with a newbie ;) I've already bored literally all of my friends to death talking about this movie, and I'm guessing 0% of the locals are going to understand my Baseball Furies Halloween costume this year (whatever, I'm doing it anyway) so I'm keen for a chat anytime.

As an initial offering, here's my personal Top Ajax Moments to Give the Feels:

- When he was the only one in the crowd who wasn't buying what Cyrus was peddling (with the exception of Luther, who possibly couldn't hear Cyrus's speech over the voices in his head).

- When he paused to flip off a busload of armed screaming skinheads, not to impress anyone but because he felt it was the appropriate thing to do.

- When he leapt the turnstile like the lovechild of a gazelle and a teenage Romanian gymnast.

- When he almost sang about what a 'bunch of chicken sh*ts!' the AC's were on the train.

- 'I'll give it to ya baby.'
Rewind...
'I'll give it to ya baby.'

- Every single moment of the Baseball Furies chase/fight scene, especially when he encouraged Cowboy to keep running and just accepted it when he couldn't continue, before handing out numerous epic thumpings and throwing one of the best lines of all time in there for good measure.

- Not much to love about his final scene, but he still manages one more good moment when he's beaten, bleeding, handcuffed to a bench but still curses out the cop who's standing over him with a baton. Dude was fearless.

Thanks guys - love to chat with all and any who's willing :)

Peace.
CatsEye21

WOW!! Now THAT's a first post!! :o Well done you!!

A "female" you say? Hmmm, don't get many of those 'round these parts, HA! :lol:

Anyway, welcome on board! You're in for a nice serene ride, HA!
Don't f**k with The Wongs!
Cochese

Postby Scaley » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:51 am

" some slick-looking dude in his bathrobe" best description of Cyrus yet, welcome to the forum.
Scaley

Postby CatsEye21 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Hey, thanks heaps for the welcome Cochese and Scaley! Can't wait to get into it ;) I don't think this obsession is going anywhere soon. I even bought a baseball bat n ball set the other day, lol. Not to, y'know, paint my face and chase people or anything, but it looked pretty awesome and a bit of fun to smack around the garden.

Anyway. Clearly, I need an outlet. So thanks again :)
CatsEye21

Postby Suburban Warlord » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:50 pm

You seem like a genuine Warriors fanatic, so welcome to the site. It used to be really
quite happening a few years ago, but IMO is more or less dead now. Still, it's a really
good site, and you can find a wealth of info and knowledge in the archives. Any topic
you ever wanted to discuss is probably in there for the reading.

Cheers
Suburban Warlord

Postby Cochese » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Also a good resource if you're looking to purchase a kitchen, HA! :lol:
Cochese

Postby CatsEye21 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:38 am

Cheers for the welcome Suburban Warlord. It IS a rad site and obviously a real labour of love. I've been having a lurk around the archives for a little while now, there are some golden moments in there. I loved the '100 things we learned from the Warriors' thread, hilarious, and some great observations, like Ajax giving the Turnbulls the finger as he ran! Makes my movie viewing more enjoyable, for sure.

It is quiet, but I'm here to liven it up a little for you guys :)

Soooo, I take it that kitchen sales are a hot ticket item around these parts??

Btw, any lady fans still lurking about?? I'm yet to meet one of my kind either online or in the 'real' world unfortunately, so I'd love to say hi.
CatsEye21

Postby Ninth Delegate » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:35 am

Halloween is just around the corner, so it's a perfect excuse to grab some war paint and run around like a psycho mime.
I think Space toaster was the last female to log in; not including spammer accounts.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby CatsEye21 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks man :) that's the plan, cannot wait for Halloween. Think I'll create my own Furies character, once I find me a nice olden-timey baseball uniform.
CatsEye21

Postby 4nik8 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Ahoy Catseye21 - just in case it's not clear, no need to worry about post limits or only posting in the Proving Grounds - post anywhere ya like!

Welcome!

~4
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby CatsEye21 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:59 am

Oh, sweet! No I didn't realize, thanks 4nik8 :) I've been feeling tempted to commit fanfiction, so that is helpful info.
CatsEye21

Postby Cochese » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:28 am

4nik8 wrote:Ahoy Catseye21 - just in case it's not clear, no need to worry about post limits or only posting in the Proving Grounds - post anywhere ya like!

Welcome!

~4

What are we doing for your big 4-0-0-0?! ;)
Cochese

Postby 4nik8 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:01 am

Cochese wrote:What are we doing for your big 4-0-0-0?! ;)

when i turn four thousand?
4nik8

Postby Cochese » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:31 am

4nik8 wrote:

4000 posts ;)
Cochese

Postby 4nik8 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Cochese wrote:
4nik8 wrote:

4000 posts ;)

Deleting 'em all!
4nik8

Next

Return to Proving Grounds