Movie Locations-Anyone been?

Forum for new members to introduce themselves.
cpcompany

Movie Locations-Anyone been?

Post by cpcompany »

Hopefully I will be planning a movie location trip to New York in the summer. I am looking to go to a few locations from the Warriors and maybe the Wanderers.
Just wondered if anyone had been to any of the places and what were they like?
Any places where I should watch my back?
I dont mind going to some of the more dodgy areas but I would like to know where they are so I can be a bit more alert.

adam88

Re: Movie Locations-Anyone been?

Post by adam88 »

Well the buildings that you see in the background, when Swan says "is this what we fought all night to get back to" is the Marlboro project housing area, which is by my old High School called John Dewey, which is the Coney Island High school.  It was also filmed in the movie The French connection. The D Train takes you to Bay 50th which is the stop, and is also the stop right before stillwell Avenue.  The area is a little ruff, but just mind your buisness, keep to yourself, and you will get along just great with the neighborhood. The areas pretty cool.

cpcompany

Post by cpcompany »

adam88 wrote: Well the buildings that you see in the background, when Swan says "is this what we fought all night to get back to" is the Marlboro project housing area, which is by my old High School called John Dewey, which is the Coney Island High school.  It was also filmed in the movie The French connection. The D Train takes you to Bay 50th which is the stop, and is also the stop right before stillwell Avenue.  The area is a little ruff, but just mind your buisness, keep to yourself, and you will get along just great with the neighborhood. The areas pretty cool.
Cheers. I will keep this in mind if/when I get there.

Ajax914

Post by Ajax914 »

[glow=red,2,300]i want to travel the whole thing but i really want to go to the bathroom where they fought the punks[/glow]
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/broncoboy05/swanandajaxsig1sb3.png[/img]

Wheeljak

Post by Wheeljak »

Ajax914 wrote: [glow=red,2,300]i want to travel the whole thing but i really want to go to the bathroom where they fought the punks[/glow]
From what I understand, the fight against the Punks was filmed in a sound stage. I guess if you're not picky, just go to any men's room in the Union Square station. Unfortunately, you're not likely to see anything that looks like the movie, because the fixtures are likely to have been modernized since then.

Swan 1979

Post by Swan 1979 »

Its already been confirmed the punks fight for done on a set.
[img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/swan197/swan1979.jpg[/img]

PowerPaulie

Post by PowerPaulie »

Good idea, I'm definitely going to shoot some footage in NY. I might visit NY this year, hopefully.
I can't make it!
You sure?
Yeah, I'm sure.
Good... I'm sick of running from these wimps.

the renegade

Post by the renegade »

Well, since i live in CI (no really) there are  a few great spots such as the actual beach. If your heading to manhattan try riverside by harlem. I dont know where the park actually is  :? though but it would be great to run through.
It's over!

FPS_Zack

Post by FPS_Zack »

i was just @ coney island the other day i think it was saturday i went for my dads birthday

and nathans got robbed lol
[img]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r31/JoeyNigga/Thewarriors.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r284/1emperor/warriors.jpg[/img]

hinton545

Post by hinton545 »

hey guys, I'm planning on moving to New York sometime in the future. the first thing (well one of the first) i do will be to visit the places in NYC that the warrios were at. even in the book. :P

adam88

Post by adam88 »

well good luck with that hinton545

hinton545

Post by hinton545 »

haha thanks. il try and take pictures when i do take that trip.

MargoMitchell

Post by MargoMitchell »

I have been to Coney Island, I took pictures of myself at the exact spot on the subway platform where they got off when they returned to Coney that next morning, I have also been to Gramarcy Park and 14th street Union Square station. I rode the Wonderwheel and Cyclone when visiting Coney and walked down the boardwalk :D
Margo[shadow][/shadow]