The Wire

Off topic discussion.
kowolski

The Wire

Post by kowolski »

Anybody here watch the HBO series The Wire?  What a great series that was :D I cancelled my HBO after they cancelled the series :( If you havent seen it check it out. There some good clips on you tube   
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

Oxygen

Re: The Wire

Post by Oxygen »

Didn't mean to bring up an old topic, but this has to be my favourite televison series of all time. I strongly recommend to go watch this online if you have not heard of it. Takes a while to get started but the 'payoff' is worth it. I can't watch another TV show or movie the same again.
We're gonna make it back. We came this far and we're gonna make it the rest of the way!

Gramercy Riffs Yeh Right

Post by Gramercy Riffs Yeh Right »

only discovered recently that mcnulty is from england he directed a tv drama near to were i live and was interviewed on tv,always assumed he was american.the wire was the best show ever.

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

The Wire is a god damn incredible series. I never really got into the second season, but all the others pretty much blew my mind. I really can't recommend it enough to anyone who wants a realistic look at how the police actually function, rather than the sanitized crap that is 95% of cop shows.

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

GramercyRiff99 wrote: The Wire is a god damn incredible series. I never really got into the second season, but all the others pretty much blew my mind. I really can't recommend it enough to anyone who wants a realistic look at how the police actually function, rather than the sanitized crap that is 95% of cop shows.
I watched the first season and loved it, then i started the second season i didn't think it was going to be as good, but in my opinion out of all five seasons the second was the best one. The wire is the best series i think ive ever seen, followed closely by The Sopranos and Oz, all of which are from HBO.
Mcnulty is from Sheffield England same as me, also Stringer Bell and Carcetti are both english too.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

The second season was lacking compared to the rest.  Possibly because it was mostly set around the docks and not the streets.  I hated the obnoxious twerp who had a pet duck.
Clay Davis had the best catchphrase.

I've been rewatching Oz recently.  How many actors from that program gained recognition and went on to succesful roles in other shows and films? Theres a few from the Wire, Lost and Soprano's to name but a few.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

Suburban Warlord

Post by Suburban Warlord »

Ya, I loved The Wire. That was such a great show. Another awesome cop
series is The Shield. Absolutely addictive.

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

Ninth Delegate wrote: The second season was lacking compared to the rest.  Possibly because it was mostly set around the docks and not the streets.  I hated the obnoxious twerp who had a pet duck.
Clay Davis had the best catchphrase.

I've been rewatching Oz recently.  How many actors from that program gained recognition and went on to succesful roles in other shows and films? Theres a few from the Wire, Lost and Soprano's to name but a few.
I think thats why i liked season two, because it showed how the docks linked to the streets and the drugs.
Did anyone see the mini series by the same people called The Corner? if you liked The Wire you should like this, i think it was actually made before the wire, its about a family and how drugs have affected their lives, its a true story.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

Gramercy Riffs Yeh Right

looking forward to the tv series "Luther" starring Idris Elba(stringer bell)as a detective

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen »

Frank Sobotka remains a tragic figure. By the time the end montage of season 2 came around I was almost in tears. The 2nd season really just showed where the drugs were coming from, and the decline of the American working man tied together. Don't think I can name a favorite character, but I really enjoyed D'Angelo and Cutty's storylines.

I have not yet seen The Corner but once I am finished the 5th season of The Wire I will check it out, I've heard it's mostly like Bubbles story, about addicts and what not. I'm also going to try to catch David Simon's new show Treme.
We're gonna make it back. We came this far and we're gonna make it the rest of the way!

Gramercy Riffs Yeh Right

my favourite character was omar little,absolute legend gay or not