U.S. Election Results

Off topic discussion.
GramercyRiff99

U.S. Election Results

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

I figured I should move this discussion over from General Warriors Chat, since it branched off pretty hard.

Ladies and gentlemen, as of right now, CNN is projecting that Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States of America. 65% of all national precincts are reporting in, and that is enough to say "Yes, he has won." There is no mathematical way for John McCaine to win the election at this point.

Also of note, the Democrats won the Senate and House. Oh, and apparently a marijuana decriminalization bill passed in Massachusetts.

The Swan

Re: U.S. Election Results

Post by The Swan »

BARAK OBAMA 44th PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A.!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
MAYBE THE GLOBAL CHANGE WILL REALLY HAPPEN!!!

NOVEMBER THE 5th 2008: WEDNESDAY, HISTORICAL DAY!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

The Warriors 9

Post by The Warriors 9 »

The way I see it is we should go to Massachusetts get stoned and worry about which global change is gonna happen, Russian, chinese or Muslem.
Worlds 2nd biggest Orphans Fan.

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

MMMMmmm kay So Obama is the new president :roll: Imagine Ajax looking at Cowboy cheering at the conclave. :|

Some other forums that I belong to forbid polictical topics and I can see why. They tend to break up forums and make enemies among members who would otherwise be freinds :(

That being said,I have much to say about this topic :!:  I look foward to any (CIVIL) debate that any other forum member has.  

[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

kowolski wrote: Some other forums that I belong to forbid polictical topics and I can see why. They tend to break up forums and make enemies among members who would otherwise be freinds :(
I'm putting (hopefully not misplaced) trust in the members of this forum to discuss the issue in a civil manner. If things get out of control, bans may be handed out depending on the severity and the thread will be closed. However, I don't expect that will happen. I have never seen anyone insulted for their political beliefs on here during other times that it's come up, and hopefully that pattern sticks.

Consider this a warning: yes, I would have voted for Obama if I had the chance. I am a very leftist person, and my choice reflects that. However, I don't give a damn if you're a Republican, a Democrat, or anything else under the sun. If you start causing trouble by insulting people ("All Republicans are retarded" or anything like that), I will destroy you. Everyone in the free world is entitled to their own political beliefs, and while some of us disagree with each other, I'm not going to let anyone try and take away that right. If you want to debate in a logical and friendly manner, go ahead. The second you start with personal attacks, however, all bets are off and my banning finger will go wild.

We're all people here. At the end of the day, we're joined together in that we think The Warriors is a kick-ass movie and we've felt like discussing it with like-minded people on the internet. Does it really matter if the person you're talking to is a born-again Christian who voted Republican or a liberal atheist who voted Democratic or someone who didn't vote at all? No, it does not. This is just an off-topic thread to discuss the results of the most historic election in a long time.

flashman

Post by flashman »

I'm ready for the trip to Mass. and I think Obama should start back smoking...the guy looks so damn cool smoking a cig. I'd like to see him smoke a cig while giving a speech or while conversing with a foreign diplomat. They could make a Presidential ash tray for him...ha,ha

I think this guy is really going to be something special.

flashman

Post by flashman »

Here's a pic of Obama having a cig after a hard day of politics:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... l%26sa%3DN

flashman

Post by flashman »

The U.S. needs a Pres that will only use military force when there is no other option...Obama is that man. I don't want to see American lives or innocent civilians harmed unless there is absolutely no other option available. Obama knows how to negotiate, but I guarantee he won't mind to get out the big stick if he has to. I can't wait to see the troops with drawn from Iraq and we can finally get down to some serious business in Afghanistan. America needs a brilliant guy like this to straighten all the mess Bush and his crew have created. The $700 billion dollar bailout is more or less more money for the crooks at Wall Street to put in their pockets before Bush leaves office. Did anyone notice how Bush gave some speeches saying if Congress didn't pass the bail out that the U.S. economy could go into chaos. The Bush administration uses fear to accomplish its goals. Like lying about the weapons of mass destruction to go to war in Iraq. If this was any other presidency Bush and Chaney would be impeached for high crimes, stealing elections, and treason. Has anyone watched 9/11 Mysteries or any of the Alex Jones stuff? They prove a hundred different ways that the U.S. government was behind the 9/11 attacks...the BBC proved that 8 of the so-called hijackers are still alive. I'm interested in knowing what people from other parts of the world think about this...

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

Very well GR99  :idea:  A very historic election indeed, for more reasons than one.
I would hope all forum members would have something to say about the most important election ever.
Even if your not from the USA or if you disagree with what I have to say. I would like to think that there is more to Warriors forum members than posting about the video game :idea:
I will keep in mind that your finger is on the ban button   I expect to have the minority opinion here. Let me know if my posts cross the line.
I will debate in a logical and civil manner :D Besides Warriors 9 has my back  ;)
BTW the sarcasam in your post was not wasted :lol:

GramercyRiff99 wrote:
kowolski wrote: Some other forums that I belong to forbid polictical topics and I can see why. They tend to break up forums and make enemies among members who would otherwise be freinds :(
I'm putting (hopefully not misplaced) trust in the members of this forum to discuss the issue in a civil manner. If things get out of control, bans may be handed out depending on the severity and the thread will be closed. However, I don't expect that will happen. I have never seen anyone insulted for their political beliefs on here during other times that it's come up, and hopefully that pattern sticks.

Consider this a warning: yes, I would have voted for Obama if I had the chance. I am a very leftist person, and my choice reflects that. However, I don't give a damn if you're a Republican, a Democrat, or anything else under the sun. If you start causing trouble by insulting people ("All Republicans are retarded" or anything like that), I will destroy you. Everyone in the free world is entitled to their own political beliefs, and while some of us disagree with each other, I'm not going to let anyone try and take away that right. If you want to debate in a logical and friendly manner, go ahead. The second you start with personal attacks, however, all bets are off and my banning finger will go wild.

We're all people here. At the end of the day, we're joined together in that we think The Warriors is a kick-ass movie and we've felt like discussing it with like-minded people on the internet. Does it really matter if the person you're talking to is a born-again Christian who voted Republican or a liberal atheist who voted Democratic or someone who didn't vote at all? No, it does not. This is just an off-topic thread to discuss the results of the most historic election in a long time.
Last edited by kowolski on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TCM Hitchhiker

Post by TCM Hitchhiker »

I knew in my heart that the vote I cast today was the most important vote I have ever cast. I was still scared, especially after the last Presidential election which caused me to lose a lot of faith in the American people. I couldn't be happier with the results.
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2987551938_453a0afcbf_t.jpg[/img]
[URL=http://www.inanimatelife.com]
-Inanimate Life Photography-[/URL]

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

congrats to him if he has won, i dnt know much about both of them but if you lot seem happy about it then so am i:)
S.Ritson

flashman

Post by flashman »

I think it would be cool if the President smoked some "scooby snacks" in the oval office after a hard day on the job. 8)

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

I didn't get it before but,now I know what the flashman is cookin :shock:
flashman wrote: I think it would be cool if the President smoked some "scooby snacks" in the oval office after a hard day on the job. 8)

flashman

Post by flashman »

kowolski wrote: I didn't get it before but,now I know what the flashman is cookin :shock:
flashman wrote: I think it would be cool if the President smoked some "scooby snacks" in the oval office after a hard day on the job. 8)
That's a good one bro...ha,ha, but I actually got that from the Rock, a former WWE wrestler that used to say "Do you smell what the Rock is cookin?"...ha,ha. I loved the Rock...he was the best wrestler of all time in my opinion.

prozium

Post by prozium »

I'm happy at how the election went. Out of a world wide survey of countries, Obama won the polls by a large margin in every country except Georgia and The Philippines. It clearly shows a worldwide support for him and I think and hope for improvement.  :D
SUPER HAPPY PINEAPPLE MAN!

PLEASE RESIZE YOUR SIG TO THE CURRENT RULES

[img]http://www.marconelweb.it/thewarriors1979/images/UserBar/userbar_Punks.jpg[/img]