IronJudasCrue41

Re: U.S. Election Results

Post by IronJudasCrue41 »

So Marijuana is legal in Mass.? Wow

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

IronJudasCrue41 wrote: So Marijuana is legal in Mass.? Wow
Decriminalized. That means if you're caught by state or local authorities possessing a small amount of marijuana (under an ounce, I think), you'll just be given a ticket and they'll confiscate it. Since something like 99% of small drug arrests are by state and local authorities, the chances of someone going to jail for having under an ounce on them is almost zero now.

A step up, but it still ignores where the drugs are coming from, meaning the massive criminal syndicates that control the marijuana trade are still making tons of money off the sales. Thank you American drug laws.

Lion

Post by Lion »

Not that it matters anyway, even if you get caught with a large amount you get a slap on your hand, serve some ridiculous time and go back and smoke some-more, pathetic laws we have in this country.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

The Warriors 9

Post by The Warriors 9 »

I sure feel safer now that Lord Obama has told the world about how we do torture.

Cold water, no sleep, and those scary catapillars. Thank God he held back our secret weapon the butterfly effect. That'll get em. :lol: :evil:
Worlds 2nd biggest Orphans Fan.

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

I guess Barrack Hussien Obama figures it would be better to have another 911 then make a captured terrorist uncomfortable :?:
The Warriors 9 wrote: I sure feel safer now that Lord Obama has told the world about how we do torture.

Cold water, no sleep, and those scary catapillars. Thank God he held back our secret weapon the butterfly effect. That'll get em. :lol: :evil:
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

"Slightly uncomfortable"? Waterboarding is anything but slightly uncomfortable. You are placed at a position where your legs are slightly elevated above your head, your face is covered, and you have cold water poured on your face for up to hours on end. This causes a mental reaction where, for all intents and purposes, your mind thinks you're drowning even if you logically know you're in no danger. Your body reacts in kind, leading to a several hour period where your body acts as though you are drowning against your will.

"Scary caterpillars"? Yes, if you have a phobia for them. No, I don't mean that in the same way as when you claim you have a "phobia" of heights or whatever, because that is not a phobia. A phobia is when, against all rationality, you are so afraid of something that you will do ANYTHING to get away from them. Imagine being locked up and covered in bugs for hours on end when you are so terrified that you would literally kill someone to get away from the object of your phobia. It is a mental disorder, not "being scared of something boo hoo what a baby".

Oh, and if you think no sleep isn't a big deal, try staying up for weeks on end while being shocked awake every time your eyes close. I guess none of you know that insomnia can be fatal if it's induced for so long.

Then again, why should we care? They're not white and they're "enemy combatants". It doesn't matter that most have NEVER HAD A TRIAL and there's a good chance that many are innocent of the charges they've been given. Tell me, can you imagine the amount of uproar that would occur if the cops tortured a man without a trial to try and solve a crime? A man who very well may have never committed the crimes he is accused of?

If you can seriously say that doing that is alright in the name of "national security", I consider myself very glad not to live in America. Say what you will about Canada, but at least we don't lock someone up halfway around the world from their home for upwards of five years without a trial just because there's a chance that he knows something about a terrorist plot that may or may not exist.

If another mod thinks this is getting out of control, do whatever you want with this thread. I can't close it without the thought in everyone's mind that I'm doing it just to make everyone shut up about political beliefs that oppose mine, but at the same time I know I'm probably out of line with this post. I'm normally quite a mild mannered person, but when I see people being so wildly hypocritical that they want to protect America with tactics that violate their own laws, I'm not going to sit back and watch any longer.

EDIT: One last thing: even with the human rights issue out of the way, torture is an effective recruiting tool for extremist organizations. Who do you think is more likely to become a freedom-hating Taliban member? An innocent man who is questioned for a while and then released, or an innocent man who is tortured for a while and then released? Just think about that for a bit.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 01, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Warriors 9

Post by The Warriors 9 »

Your right GR99 this is some very serious stuff that we do but does it compare to cutting someones head off or slicing someones throat and showing it on youtube, blowing em into little bits or forcing you to deside on should I fry or jump out of a 100 story building.

This is kids stuff compaired to what they do. This is war, I feel our government should do more and much more. To be honest I think you'd be a little nieve if you think they don't in some cases and thank God for it. Theres alot more here at stake than just the US. They'd roll over you infidels in Canada just as soon as they would us if they could.

My biggest problem with the whole deal was what a lame brained idea it was to release the info.

Edit: One last thing If anything I've been the one getting out of line on this tread, you made some very good points we just disagree thats all.   
Last edited by The Warriors 9 on Sat May 02, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Worlds 2nd biggest Orphans Fan.

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

Well  to put in Warriors movie terms.  Should The Riffs let the Rogues get away? Should they made them promise not to kill anymore Riffs ?  Should they have only detained Luther as he pulled the trigger and let the rest of the Rogues escape?  Or should have rounded up any Rogues,beat the tar of of them to find out who was behind the attack and if there was another plan to kill more Riffs?
GramercyRiff99 wrote: "Slightly uncomfortable"? Waterboarding is anything but slightly uncomfortable. You are placed at a position where your legs are slightly elevated above your head, your face is covered, and you have cold water poured on your face for up to hours on end. This causes a mental reaction where, for all intents and purposes, your mind thinks you're drowning even if you logically know you're in no danger. Your body reacts in kind, leading to a several hour period where your body acts as though you are drowning against your will.

"Scary caterpillars"? Yes, if you have a phobia for them. No, I don't mean that in the same way as when you claim you have a "phobia" of heights or whatever, because that is not a phobia. A phobia is when, against all rationality, you are so afraid of something that you will do ANYTHING to get away from them. Imagine being locked up and covered in bugs for hours on end when you are so terrified that you would literally kill someone to get away from the object of your phobia. It is a mental disorder, not "being scared of something boo hoo what a baby".

Oh, and if you think no sleep isn't a big deal, try staying up for weeks on end while being shocked awake every time your eyes close. I guess none of you know that insomnia can be fatal if it's induced for so long.

Then again, why should we care? They're not white and they're "enemy combatants". It doesn't matter that most have NEVER HAD A TRIAL and there's a good chance that many are innocent of the charges they've been given. Tell me, can you imagine the amount of uproar that would occur if the cops tortured a man without a trial to try and solve a crime? A man who very well may have never committed the crimes he is accused of?

If you can seriously say that doing that is alright in the name of "national security", I consider myself very glad not to live in America. Say what you will about Canada, but at least we don't lock someone up halfway around the world from their home for upwards of five years without a trial just because there's a chance that he knows something about a terrorist plot that may or may not exist.

If another mod thinks this is getting out of control, do whatever you want with this thread. I can't close it without the thought in everyone's mind that I'm doing it just to make everyone shut up about political beliefs that oppose mine, but at the same time I know I'm probably out of line with this post. I'm normally quite a mild mannered person, but when I see people being so wildly hypocritical that they want to protect America with tactics that violate their own laws, I'm not going to sit back and watch any longer.

EDIT: One last thing: even with the human rights issue out of the way, torture is an effective recruiting tool for extremist organizations. Who do you think is more likely to become a freedom-hating Taliban member? An innocent man who is questioned for a while and then released, or an innocent man who is tortured for a while and then released? Just think about that for a bit.
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]