Batman 3 - coming in 2012

Off topic discussion.
Scurvy Dog

Batman 3 - coming in 2012

Post by Scurvy Dog »

OK, so most of us have enjoyed the current Batman series directed by Christopher Nolan. He says he has finished the script for the third film and expects to release it in 2012. He also says that it will be the last Batman film he makes, and he does want to keep with the feel of the current series.

We already know there will be no Robin in any of his films, and that he has gone for realism (as much as possible, anyway) with the villains - so we won't see anything like Bane or Killer Croc.

Let's talk about what we'd like to see in the movie - how he wraps up the series. I'd like to see The Riddler as a villain this time. Not a cheesy, Jim Carrey Riddler. Something more along the lines of Kevin Spacey in the movie Seven - a demented sociopath who loves to challenge and string along the police (and Batman), taunting them with a puzzle and challenging them to solve it.

The guy who played Coleman Reese could play The Riddler, since he knows Batman's identity. Something would have to lure Batman back into action... but what?

Ninth Delegate

Re: Batman 3 - coming in 2012

Post by Ninth Delegate »

In the meantime, there's some excellent fan made films on the net.  If you've never seen any of these before, check out the latest offering.... City of scars.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdpig1_city-of-scars_shortfilms
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

Lion

Post by Lion »

i think this batman should be the last, nolan is pushing it.  i am glad he is not bringing any of the other characters, tim burton took care of that in the late 80s early 90s and that was great then.  the riddler should be dark as hell, i just hope they hire an unknown or unpopular actor. 
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

GrandTheftAaron

Post by GrandTheftAaron »

I never was into superhero movies. The closest I've gotten to really liking a superhero movie was Hancock, which isn't really your average "Superman" type movie. Batman begins and the first Spiderman movies were pretty good though.

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

I'm also not a big fan of superhero movies. When I was a kid, I did like Superman, with Christopher Reeve, but except for that one, I can't really name another one that left an impression on me.
"Can you count, suckers?
I say the future is ours...If you can count!"

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

What did you guys, who aren't superhero fans, think of Watchmen?

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

union_jack wrote: What did you guys, who aren't superhero fans, think of Watchmen?
I thought the first ten minutes were great, then it was just boring.
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

if by boring you mean one of the best movies of its genre, then i agree!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

4nik8 wrote: if by boring you mean one of the best movies of its genre, then i agree!

No, by boring i meant a big blue boring naked man with no screen presence whatsoever boring me for about 3 hours. :shock:
**I got an inkling it's gonna be the one the children bicker over, it's that warriors vs baseball fury element that glitches motor sensory developement, i am a star really,**

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

turnbull gbr wrote: ...no screen presence whatsoever
While I respect your opinion... no, that's a bit strong...

While I begrudgingly admit that you are entitled to an opinion, his very lack of presence is a pivotal plot point!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

4nik8 wrote:
turnbull gbr wrote: ...no screen presence whatsoever
While I respect your opinion... no, that's a bit strong...

While I begrudgingly admit that you are entitled to an opinion, his very lack of presence is a pivotal plot point!
Hey fan boy, am i making you feel sick, are you going to chuck?  :badgrin: a la CLERKS 2

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

I think Crudup was well cast, nevertheless Watchmen (the film) suffers from several issues but I still think it's interesting to see as a film, and bares a strong (if mostly superficial) resemblance to the comic, which is a rarity.

Space Toaster
Warrior

Post by Space Toaster »

But we're not hear to talk about Watchmen, we're here to talk about Batman.

I heard that villains like Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy would probably be too unrealistic for Nolan's version of Gotham, but I think they could definitely pull off Poison Ivy with some adjustments.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Scurvy Dog

Post by Scurvy Dog »

Space Toaster wrote: But we're not hear to talk about Watchmen, we're here to talk about Batman.

I heard that villains like Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy would probably be too unrealistic for Nolan's version of Gotham, but I think they could definitely pull off Poison Ivy with some adjustments.
If they made her a deranged environmentalist talented in botany, she could definitely use plant toxins. Perhaps a tie-in to Scarecrow's fear gas, and Ra's Al-Ghul - she could grow fields of the plant in Gotham. Then again, they've done the fear gas thing already. Some other toxin, targeting high-profile figures.

union_jack

Post by union_jack »

i think you'd have to dilute poison ivy a bit too much to make her palatable for Nolan's Gotham-verse.