The Simpsons [Movie]

Off topic discussion.
War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

The Simpsons [Movie]

Post by War Chief »

Discuss the new movie and what your thoughts are on it.
The one and only!

Cowboy Is Cool

Re: The Simpsons [Movie]

Post by Cowboy Is Cool »

Well, I was once a big Simpsons fan, but they've lost me over the years. They just aren't that funny anymore. I'm hoping the movie is a return to glory for them, but I ain't getting my hopes up. I'm still gonna see it in the theaters, though.

BTW,  I don't know if anybody heard about this, but apparently, in promotion for the movie, they turned a bunch of 7-11s into Kwik-E-Marts in the USA :shock:!

Here's the article about it. Quite interesting:

http://i-mockery.com/minimocks/kwik-e-mart/default.php
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2417/2228025828_54df100c8e_o.jpg[/img]
AKIRA
Thanks for the sig, trix!

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Ha, they sure know how to promote it! I have to say I used to watch The Simpsons every day when it was on TV, but they show the same old repeats over and over. The other night was the very first episode ... again. Unless you have Sky, you'll only get to see seasons 1-3 or something like that.

Anyway, the movie looks pretty funny, and each time I have seen the trailer, the audience laughs out loud. Especially at the "spider-pig".  :lol:
The one and only!

Cowboy Is Cool

Post by Cowboy Is Cool »

Yes, the movie sure does look funny :lol:.

I always crack up when Homer starts strangling Bart and says "I'll teach you to laugh at something that's funny!"  :lol:
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2417/2228025828_54df100c8e_o.jpg[/img]
AKIRA
Thanks for the sig, trix!

Dowley ov wcb

Post by Dowley ov wcb »

I don't think its going to be that good, simpsons died a long time ago when they lost the original writers. To make it like it used to be they need the original writers. Especially with Family Guy becoming better and better each season.

ajax the warrior

Post by ajax the warrior »

Yeah i am going to go and see it at the movies when it comes out it comes out on july 26 here in australia i really want to see it i reckon it will be good.
Im a little teapot short and stout

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

Heres the deal
This movie is not going to be good. Maybe for all the hardcore simpsons fan, it is.. just to watch homer and bart on the big screen thats enough for them. But the truth is, it isnt going to be good because they are making it somehow serious... springfield in danger, and its up to homer to save the day,, etc.
What really is funny is the normal everyday life of the simpsons(tv episodes) cuse they arent complicated.. theyre just plain and funny. But since this is a MOVIE, they have to complicated by making it serious, springfield in chaos, saving the day,... etc. This has happen to  A LOT of animated(cartoons) that come out in theathers.

Ed_The_Warrior

Post by Ed_The_Warrior »

Oh yes,Another must see movie for me.The trailer just cracks me up with Homer doing his Spiderpig routine and Bart flying into the restaurant window  :lol: This movie is going to be massive in the cinemas,believe me.Also seeing some pics of real Quick-E marts (in the states) made me chuckle  :D
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9673/edthewarriorna6.jpg[/img]
My Mezco Warriors Figure Collection : Swan,Cochise,Cleon,Luther,Red & Yellow Furies

adam88

Post by adam88 »

The one thing I always like about the Simpsons, was how it went from one thing to another.  meaning that the show would start off with you thinking it was about one thing, and then lead to something else, dealing with everyday popculture.  I think the key word is "popculture", and I think thats the main reason why people watch, to see how over time, new things become a parody.  And I always admired how the Simpsons did that.

TheFury

Post by TheFury »

I don't know if I'll get chance to see it a cinema so I'll have to get it on dvd but i'm not expecting it to be funny although I hope it is. Apparently Bart has a full frontal nude scene on his skate board and i'm not sure about the annimation with it not being the same as in the series but hopefuly it will be a success.

And nice find with the 7-11/Kwik-E-Mart link

HIGH HAT

Post by HIGH HAT »

i cant wait to miss it ! ! :roll:
When the Dead Have RISEN..

There are some Things More Important Than Survival......
(RISENTHEMOVIE.COM)

RISENTHEMOVIE.COM

playaAjax15

Post by playaAjax15 »

The trailer with Homer doing his Spiderpig routine is very funny :lol:
I'll show you how I play!

TheFury

Post by TheFury »

Has anybody bought anything from 7/11? I bought the Radioactive Man comic and i'm keeping an eye out for the cut-out of Jasper on ebay.

adam88

Post by adam88 »

I just saw this on opening day.  Well, I will admit I did enjoy it.  Now, on know what some people may think, just a simple simpsons adventure that we could have seen for free.  Well it was mostly, the inside humor.  For instance, on the bottom of the screen it said "Please stay tuned, for "If Your Smarter Than A Celebraty"on Fox.  Yes we even adveertise in the movies", or when Homer watches Itchy and Scratchy in theathers, and sais "why would I spend money for something I can watch for free on TV",So its stuff like that.  I guess the movie gets a little more into adult humor, and the person of Homer Simpson.  What the heck, just see it to pay tribute for all these years of laughter.  I sure wish I still had my Bart Simpson doll(I miss that thing  :lol:)

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

This movie hadd its 'times' but like i said before all this plot thing didnt make it that good.