my friends... i must depart

This is the place for any off-topic conversations not related to The Warriors.
War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Re: my friends... i must depart

Post by War Chief »

I'd wait a while before you all decide to leave as we are starting to turn this place around, and with a new mod, we should be able to do this a lot quicker.

As of about 2 weeks ago, I banned all newbies from joining the forum so we can get a tighter hold on this situation.

The off-topic debate rages on but we're trying to find a solution that works.
The one and only!

haterist

Post by haterist »

War Chief wrote: I'd wait a while before you all decide to leave as we are starting to turn this place around, and with a new mod, we should be able to do this a lot quicker.

As of about 2 weeks ago, I banned all newbies from joining the forum so we can get a tighter hold on this situation.

The off-topic debate rages on but we're trying to find a solution that works.
thank you for your reply warchief, it really means a lot hearing from you on this matter.

well i'm not out of here just yet....sorry to all you haterist haters out there.  ;)
i'm not one to jump ship because theres a hole in the hull, i'd rather see what i can do to help fix the hole before telling everyone to abandon ship.  :)

as far as a new mod, i haven't really been keeping up with the comings and goings of the site at all because its too hard to find info with so many irrelevant posts to sift through.  so who's the new mod?  i hope its SHM.  ;) LOL!

the off topic debate shouldn't even be a debate....all the sections that are NOT related to the warriors should be eliminated.  do you guys remember when the site didn't have such a section?  or any of these "interest" sections?  remember how much better it was?  now think of all the crap thats been going down for the past few....actually almost a year now?  where has the site gone?  wheres all the cool peps who use to hang here and talk warriors? 
now only a handful remain, while the rest have decided to leave or stay lurking in the shadows.  :|

i made the suggestion of having a SINGLE OFF TOPIC THREAD.  people there can discuss anything and everything, sports, books, TV, movies, what they had for dinner, pretty much anything their heart desires.  it'll make it easier to mod, since you won't really have to mod it unless it warranted(meaning people start flaming and arguing til no end and ruining everyones good time).  i know it sounds kind of ridiculous but by doing so, it keeps all the non-warriors related posts in one thread, while the rest of the site remains solely dedicated to the warriors....which is the way it should be, and should've stayed.

i know you(WC) care what the community thinks but you gotta remember, this site is NOT a democracy, this is YOUR site, its YOUR way or the highway.  if people don't like it, they can hit the bricks, its as simple as that.  i know you're a nice guy but sometimes you gotta be the bad guy to make things better.

personally, i'd be willing to do anything i can to help this place out because in all honesty, i'd like like nothing more than to see this place go back to what it once was, a cool place to talk about my favorite movie of all time, The Warriors.  8) 8) 8)

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

Well i decided to stick longer for a while,  i solved some problems, and im back in the game!!And plus i have like 22 other great friends on the forum, you all know who you are  ;)
Im halfway there, and qutting now doesnt make sense. And NO, i dont think you should get rid of the off topic sections, haterist said we should take that talk somewhere else but it WILL NOT BE THE SAME!! The off topic chat is special because we are not talking to strangers about our interests we are talking about our different interest other than the warriors.. well to fans like each of us are. Its cool talking of our intrests to each other because we are all one big group that has something in commom.. we all love the warriors!!
Last edited by warlord jp on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harley

Post by Harley »

I'm sorry to see you go Journey, it's been great having you around, one of the best. I hope you enjoy life in college and look in from time to time, maybe one day you might decide to come back.  Good luck. 

I too miss the old days of this forum, but sadly there comes a time when all things that can be said are said.  It still shouldn't interfere with the friendships that have formed from this site, and there are many.  And we shouldn't hang it up over some arguments about small things, we need to see the bigger picture and that is the community that this site has created and houses now. 

This site is big, many have heard of it, anything, but anything you want to know about the Warriors is here, and that's due to the hard work of all involved in the site.  We've found lost cast members & small overlooked details, put out the original script, found things many thought were lost, and there's still the conclave in '09 which after that has happened there will be much more to talk about here. 

True the site is not the same anymore, but all things change and we've kinda went through the "renaissance" period already.  This is just the slow time for us now, but if we want to we will come out of it and things will get better. 

BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance
Soldier The Middle
Soldier The Middle

Post by BTW A.K.A the killer household appliance »

i guess the reason i havent been going on is time, im an understudy at a guitar shop and work alot, also i moved house and you cant get privacy on computers at school.
also what happened to my buddies? the rogue? punkrockwarrior62? my young warrior compatriots?
what happened to the respect?
what happened to dopefishs stories?
and so on......
you wanna leave? thats fine i dont blame ya.
but i gotta stay, you may not see much of me, but its the best i can do.

Journey

Post by Journey »

im glad to see its not just me that sees the "failings" of the forum at the moment...

thanks for the support and everything guys

i've had a look around the forum a few times as a guest ('cos i couldnt be bothered clicking the login button) and i don't know... but im starting to see a change again, i can see the forum returning back to its original colours, which without doubt, is a good thing :D... it makes me happy, so i might just frequent the boards a bit more... gradually... but im still taking a wee bit time off from it

and hey, i didn't say i'd never be on... as long as this film stays with me, so will this site, and the film will be around for many years to come
[img]http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/33022/sig.png[/img]

andy_man

Post by andy_man »

Buddy! It so nice to hear from you! Its been awhile. The forum is making a change, and i hope you visit more often. Glad to hear from you again pal  ;)
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/970k7m.jpg[/img]
IV

wargod

Post by wargod »

Journey wrote: when i used to come on the computer this would be the first place i would go... now i only come here if i have nothing else to do...

(wargod takes a deep breath and yells) "blasphemy!" (wargod throws holy water on JOURNEY)
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

After about 16 months, I come along to compensate for this group's loss of one (Journey)....  by one.
I just made Warrior rank the other day.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

wargod

Post by wargod »

canyoucount wrote: After about 16 months, I come along to compensate for this group's loss of one (Journey)....   by one.
I just made Warrior rank the other day.

HELL YEAH, CONGRATS WARRIOR
i have a reason, so there fore i am not a rebel without a cause