OFFICIAL: 2017 UK Conclave

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.

Re: OFFICIAL: 2017 UK Conclave

Postby Masai » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for the replies 8-)

It's looking like I'll be going on the Sunday at the moment.
Masai

Postby Ninth Delegate » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:26 am

I'll be setting off tomorrow morning. I'm staying down there till Tuesday mid afternoon. Hope there's some decent free wifi hotspots. Come and introduce yourself if you spot me. Look for the tall guy with long hair wearing a johnny blaze top Saturday and a Rogues hooded shirt sunday.

Apparently food is a bit over priced at the venue, but I've heard theres a decent harry ramsden chippy over the road from it.
I'll be in the dragon pub for breakfast.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Scaley » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:29 am

I'll look out for you mate, I might go to the dragon for breakfast myself, see you there.
Scaley

Postby Masai » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi guys,

I'll now be going on Saturday. :D

I'm thinking about taking my vest to get signed.
Was just going to get the Warriors to sign it and get Konrad to sign something else...now thinking it would be better to get Konrad to sign the vest too..?

Any opinions on this welcome? :D

Also, is black or silver ink better for signatures?
(My vest is more tan coloured.)

Thanks, 8-)
Masai

Postby Scaley » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:31 pm

I'd go for silver and getting Konrad to sign the vest isn't going to devalue it in any way, just my opinion.
Scaley

Postby Masai » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Thanks Scaley, :D
Masai

Postby LIER ONE » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:57 pm

I would go with black as you can see it better. Especially on a light vest. I focus on one item (my FURIES jersey) and have had everyone from RIFFS to ORPHANS to sign it (23 signatures).

Have fun everyone!!!
LIER ONE

Postby LIER ONE » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:55 pm

I know you guys are decompressing from the weekend but I would like to know some stories and see some swag from the first U.K. Conclave. Was WarChief there? Any exclusive rare or cool merch from the fest? Did any of you guys meet in person? Come on guys!
LIER ONE

Postby Ninth Delegate » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Didn't get the chance; Cochese bought all the good stuff before I got there LoL.
Was good to meet a few members in person. The venue was a decent choice and Vic, the promoter is a great guy with a laid back demeanor, even tho he had his stress moments. Dorsey was very enigmatic and mingled a lot with people on the floor. Q and A sessions were ok, but the questions from the fans made me cringe in embaressment. Seeing the movie at a proper cinema was the icing on the cake. Have to mention Konrad being one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Not a bad turn out on the Saturday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Scaley » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:49 am

From my own point of view I couldn't fault the event, both events staff and cast were great. I enjoyed listening to Dorsey Wright particularly when he spoke his initial thoughts on the concept of the film, he also gave me three signed photos for the price of one. I agree with Ninth about how nice a guy Konrad was but I didn't cringe at fan questions, people pay their money so if they want to ask a " cringey" question who cares. I also did Tom Waites' acting workshop which I thought was going to be a seminar but was in fact relaxation exercises amongst other things. Finally, I've been fortunate enough to meet quite a few of my childhood heroes and with some (not Colin Bell) I have walked away disappointed, I can honestly say in this instance none of them guys disappointed. If you couldn't make this conclave I urge you to make the next...you won't be disappointed.
Scaley

Postby Ninth Delegate » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:36 am

It took 20 minutes waiting in the queue to get in before we realise Gareth and myself were stood infront of each other. I missed the quiz on sunday, as I was doing the close up inspection of the "cochese" vest while I had the chance, then Dorsey set the smoke detector alarm off in the toilets.
I saved all my questions for the meet and greet. None of the cast had heard anything about the kevin bacon rumour, so I think we can lay that to rest as being one of Joel Weiss's ribs. Dorsey says the Mongols were mostly played by real gang members. The script had changed when Brian read for it in the audition so Snow had more than 1 line of dialogue. The Punks being dressed in leopard print jumpsuits was the original plan and Konrads costume made it in the conclave scene.

What needs to be done now for the next one, is to build on what parts were successful and flesh out other parts. Hopefully now word gets around that it was a success, it will attract more vendors. I like how it was organised so there was an itinerary of things to occupy the fans when they wasn't queuing to get autographs.
Ninth Delegate

Postby steve5635 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:17 pm

just took a stroll thru the facebook page for the conclave, :shock: :shock: looks like too much fun. if they ever do one in the u.s.a. I will defiantly have to figure out a way to get there.
did we lose these f'n clowns or what
steve5635

Postby Cyrus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Great event, not too big, not too small. I've managed to get autographs of all the cast that was present, and a group photo with everyone at the end. Brought back few souvenirs, mostly prints and posters. The only thing I would change is the music. Sometimes it was eerily quiet without it, especially towards the end of the day. It would have been great if the movie soundtrack was playing throughout the day. Besides that, it was perfect, can't wait for the next conclave!
Cyrus

Postby Ninth Delegate » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Cyrus wrote:Great event, not too big, not too small. I've managed to get autographs of all the cast that was present, and a group photo with everyone at the end. Brought back few souvenirs, mostly prints and posters. The only thing I would change is the music. Sometimes it was eerily quiet without it, especially towards the end of the day. It would have been great if the movie soundtrack was playing throughout the day. Besides that, it was perfect, can't wait for the next conclave!

Yes, a few mentioned it would be nice to have background music. Could have had the game soundtrack as well. It worked in the bar at the cinema when they played the soundtrack on shuffle. They've got 2 years to arrange things for the next one, and feedback from fans will help. It was good to mingle with the cast when they wasn't doing signings. Now I've experienced the event and I know how much I can carry and the traveling route, I shall do cosplay next time. Overall, I don't think the minor issues hurt the event at all and plenty of time to iron out things for 2019.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Cyrus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:15 pm

I've only managed to get one day off work, otherwise I would be there both days. I see Vic is already planning 40th anniversary conclave. Hopefully he'll manage to get few other cast memebers for the event. I've seen Luther and Cropsy are on the wish list. Fingers crossed.
Cyrus

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Events