2009 is approaching fast

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.
War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

2009 is approaching fast

Post by War Chief »

Next year is the 30th anniversary of the film and to mark the occassion we had always planned to arrange a big fan meet-up / conclave at Coney Island.

The question is, who is up for it? More importantly, please PM me if you can practically help out by helping to find a venue in Coney for the gathering, and it would be good if we could hire out a theatre for a screening of the movie.

2009 has come around a lot quicker than I thought!
The one and only!

Vermin16

Re: 2009 is approaching fast

Post by Vermin16 »

If we get a solid date for this soon, I'll be able to come. It's just a matter of saving up money from now until then and scheduling time off from work. I can't help much with locating any venues but if there is anything else I can do, let me know.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I am uber syked for this. Let me know of any assistance I may be.
"It's on and we're going!"

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

There is an option to join the Conclave on to the Coney Island Film Festival on October 2nd 2009 which seems like the best option open at the minute. They would be able to run screenings of The Warriors in their theatre and I am engaging with them to try and find a nearby venue for the signings.
The one and only!

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

Something to think about is wether the theater is equiped for DLP (Digital Laser Projection) You can run the movie off a CD VS locating a 30 year old 35mm print of the movie. :idea: Although watching a dirty,yellowed,spoting,parts missing print might add to the 1979 flavor :mrgreen:

Also with DLP you can even run a video game CD from it. You could hold a Warriors video game tournement on a 50 ft screen  :idea:

Is there a date set for the Conclave 2009 ?   
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

I can only tell you I'll be there (at least I just think so)... but, as you know, I'm from Italy. Anyway if there's another way of helping you, well... just tell me.
For the Moment, I give this "Word" to The Italian Site. 8) 
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

What date does Coney close for its out of season period?  I'd at least want to ride the wonder wheel.  Apart from that minor worry, october doesnt sound that bad.  Travel companies charge an arm and a leg in the summer holiday period. Damn money leeches.

David Harris's agent runs his myspace page and takes bookings through that contact address.  He's quick with his email replies as well.

This is mainly a concern for non U.S residents; ive heard that some sort of online form and travel visa is being brought in for next year when traveling to north America.  Dont know how much its going to cost, but allow yourselves plenty of time to aquire it.

I'm assuming piggy backing onto the coney festival will be more cost effective than say hiring a portable screen from someone like netflix?
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

I like what I see here. October would be way more than enough time for me to plan on coming.  True, the conclave was set in the summer, but we'd be avoiding the tourist season.  I'm in Philly, just on the other side of Jersey, so distance is nothing.

And a place for all of us to watch the movie? Hope I won't be the only one to bring three small bottles. :mrgreen:

Anybody know if this would be an all-day, or all-weekend, thing?
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

There is only one theatre in Coney Island and they already have a copy of The Warriors. Apparently the screen holds 100 people so if we oversubscribe they are likely to be able to run other showings.

I need to check when Coney Island closes at the end of the summer, as like many other people I want to go on the Wonder Wheel! The reason for picking October was because it ties in with the film festival, and because the only "conference" venue available has no air conditioning. Holding it towards the end of the year allows people to save up for the trip. As for costs, I am not sure what those will be yet as there's a lot that is needed. I am hoping Paramount will come on board with us.

I envisage that the event will be one or two days long. One day perhaps meeting the cast and screenings and one day for completeing the ultimate Warriors journey and visiting filming locations.
The one and only!

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

War Chief wrote: One day perhaps meeting the cast and screenings and one day for completeing the ultimate Warriors journey and visiting filming locations.
Sweet little package! Apparently, D. Harris never did, to my knowledge, do the journey/filming site tour this year.  Now, this is a possibility for C'09.  Cool!  I'll definitely bring the camera with and will have to figure out where to crash, unless this runs non-stop through the night, if it's a 2-day thing.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

Vermin16

Post by Vermin16 »

Finding a place to stay is one of my biggest concerns. Hotels aren't cheap in NYC and that will eat up a lot of money very quickly. If this happened in October, I most likely would be unable to come but I could still try.

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Alright its me Adam, now War Chief I just want to let you know that no matter what, I have your back.  Its been a while since I have been here, but I have have gone from teenager to adult during the last few years, and have grown to be a little wiser.  Since I was born and raised in NY, living only 2 stops away from Coney (25th Ave), you can imagine the spirit of The Warriors has a special place in my heart.  So please let me know if theres anything I can contribute.  I apologize if theres nothing I can do at the moment, but as a local resident I want to express my deepest loyalty and friendship from one warrior, no from one friend to another, that I will be there for everybody.  This journey must take place, and is an event that will go down in history so I am bound by honor to stick with you warriors.

-Your friend
Adam

GramercyRiff99

Post by GramercyRiff99 »

Damn Adam, haven't seen you on here in a while.

About the Conclave, I hope it happens, though I will be unable to attend. It'll be my second month of my first year in university, and there's no way I'll be able to afford getting to New York, staying there for a day or two, and then getting back to Toronto. Regardless, I hope it goes on and everyone has a good time. I don't think there's anything I can do to help, but feel free to prove me wrong on that if you can.

adam88

Post by adam88 »

well like you GR99, I have been stressing on trying to get my bachelors degree, and working.  I am trying to make something of myself in this insane world, and I am sure you know thats not easy.  I am happy to here about your time at the universety, and if we ever met, I'd be happy to sit and here about it.

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

I have a complete 35mm print of the Wanderers and a vast collection of original 35mm trailers from the 1979ish era. Maybe a double feature with a vintage trailer screening?  :idea:

[quote="War Chief"]
There is only one theatre in Coney Island and they already have a copy of The Warriors. Apparently the screen holds 100 people so if we oversubscribe they are likely to be able to run other showings.
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]