Damn near HERE

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.
furiesunleahed

Re: Damn near HERE

Post by furiesunleahed »

LIER ONE wrote: I don't think this will happen this year! We would have to have a place by now and the actors etc lined up. Cons are 1 year in the making.
Yeah u are right but this has also been planned for a 2yrs already what the heck happened to all the hype for this great event  :( please bring it back  :D
http://stashbox.org/779417/claudioairplaneslammorishima.gif

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

Even if it doesn't happen this year, we do it next year and call it the 31st anniversary.......    so?
Who said an n-th anniversary had to end in a zero or a five?

The important thing is the opportunity for us to meet each other, have fun, and just share our common interest (this movie....   and video game) in person.  Even though this would have been the 30th, it probably isn't a good time to do this, but next year might be.

Everything happens (or doesn't happen) for a reason.  A reason, which may be obvious right on the onset, or not so obvious until it becomes clear later on.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Guys, I want to be optimistic about. So, is there something I don't know? I mean, why are you so sure somehow it won't happen? No polemic, just a question.
Even if, true, I would like War Chief gives us (as soon as possible :D) an answer... yes or not.
Also, I know at this point it's easy to understand it won't happen, OK, but some "Final Input" would be "Well-Appreciated".
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I say it won't happen this summer because evrything would have to be lined up already (venue, actors, panels etc). It could still take place in 2009, justy not the summer. I could be wrong tho. I am not a mod or planning it, just my opinion. Some conventions are set in place over a year before.
"It's on and we're going!"

furiesunleahed

Post by furiesunleahed »

It really should not be really expensive becase as the conclave 09 topic say's on the main page that the board members or other warriors movie fans will be taking a route trip the exact way the warriors went so maybe we should do that instead of every thing else nothing extra and watch the movie screening with a couple cast member (i u know this been said before)

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

furiesunleahed wrote: It really should not be really expensive becase as the conclave 09 topic say's on the main page that the board members or other warriors movie fans will be taking a route trip the exact way the warriors went so maybe we should do that instead of every thing else nothing extra and watch the movie screening with a couple cast member (i u know this been said before)
It would have to rely on contributions from the forum members and members of the public to make this happen (you can't expect Warchief to finance it all).  Although cast members boost their pay via signed photo's, they still have a hiring fee.  We would need to hire a venue to hold the signings and projection screen (not cheap).
Being that there's currently 30 active members (approx), we would need to generate publicity to get the general public to attend to make it financially possible.  I agree with Lier 1 that things should have been in place by now for it to be this year and not operate at a loss.  I would need a minimum of 2 months notice to get a passport sorted (I dont wont to shell out £90 to have it sitting in a draw for a year).
Although the swine flu alert seems to have toned down, this current economical crisis is making things a lot worse.

Touring the locations would be relativly cheap.  Subway travel to each location would be the most cost effective way.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

furiesunleahed

Post by furiesunleahed »

Dudes look what i just found at the front home page

"Conclave '09 has a date: August 28th and 29th 2009. The event is being held as part of the Super Mega Show. So Far Michael Beck, Deborah van Valkenburgh, David Harris, Terry Michos and Brian Tyler have all agreed to appear at the event in New Jersey. Also, we are working on a screening in Coney Island the night of the 28th, in association with the Coney Island museum. It will be a very special night, with Q and A with the cast, pictures in front of the Wonder Wheel with the cast, autographs, and much more." :D :D :D
I am so happy my HEAD IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE :shock: :shock:

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

No words... WOW!!!
http://www.supermegashow.com/
Check this out.

Yeah, but now all the travel-palnning is not so easy... let's see...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I knew we would have to piggy-back another con for it to happen. Don't get me wrong any type of reunion, I'm all for. I would have loved a "stand-alone" conclave, but this is GREAT!!!! I will be at MEGA-CON and will try to go to the rest. I am missing the FOX from my FURIES jersey so another cast member to add!

CAN YOU DIG IT

Post by CAN YOU DIG IT »

Aug 29th-30th says Super Mega Show.com

but

OUR website says 28th-29th

Whats really going on ???

Anybody ???

Lux

Post by Lux »

CAN YOU DIG IT wrote: Aug 29th-30th says Super Mega Show.com

but

OUR website says 28th-29th

Whats really going on ???

Anybody ???
Probably 29th and 30th (Saturday and Sunday). Just keep checking the front home page to be sure.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Dates might be incorrect unless the other parts of the conclave starts a day earlier than the MEGASHOW. On the site it doesn't say anything about the other aspects of the conclave.

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

They got Snow and Cleon mixed up, but so what? So far, seven plan to show.  Cool!
I'll be in Secaucus then (hopefully it's not Friday, gotta save my vacation time ).
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

CAN YOU DIG IT

Post by CAN YOU DIG IT »

Got my Hotel Room Reservation's !!!

Got my Special Gold VIP Pass's !!!

Got My Warriors Vest (for autograph's, then to be framed and hung) !!!

1 more piece to the puzzle and Im in the house !!!

My flight ticket...

ALMOST TIME BOPPERS

ALMOST TIME

:badgrin:

furiesunleahed

Post by furiesunleahed »

CAN YOU DIG IT wrote: Got my Hotel Room Reservation's !!!

Got my Special Gold VIP Pass's !!!

Got My Warriors Vest (for autograph's, then to be framed and hung) !!!

1 more piece to the puzzle and Im in the house !!!

My flight ticket...

ALMOST TIME BOPPERS

ALMOST TIME

:badgrin:

Yeah brag  :lol: dang i cannot go  :( but i can go to the screening of the movie in coney island  :D