CONCLAVE '09 - The REVIEW

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.
LIER ONE

CONCLAVE '09 - The REVIEW

Post by LIER ONE »

Just got home from the CONCLAVE. Got there early and had a NATHAN'S hot dog. Walked down the block and it was great to see all the various WARRIORS stuff on people. From people in Vests and full WARRIORS gear. to every shirt from the net (The BASEBALL FURIES were WELL represented although nobody was in face paint). We waited around for a little while then the cast arrived. We were then lined up outside for the autographs. I was third on line and got in pretty much right away. I only need FOX's sig, but stopped at each cast member to see if they remembered meeting me in the past (2 other times for some of the cast). Most actually did! I gave them each a pack of mini-patches that I did (ROUGES, TURNBULL AC' (movie logo), WARRIORS ROCKER and WARBIRD, THE WARRIORS logo) they al were EXTREMELY thankful. Snow even gave me a signed pic for free. Then was the meet & greet but I already spoke with the before and when we spoke about the patches that I waited a few minutes and then they started to let people in to the theater. I do have to say that the organization could have been a little better. I went to put my jersey in the car and almost wasn't allowed back in. We went in to the "theater" (wasn't really but it was perfect, we were a block from the WONDER WHEEL!!!)of bleechers and no A/C (it was hotttttt!!). It was great to watch the flick with FANSSSS!! Yelling lines, clanking bottles. I will let others talk about the Q/A (nothing us FANS!! didn't already know). I just stood up on the top row of the bleechers smiling!! It was a great night. my first in Coney and i have lived here in NYC for 34 years. My wife, cousing, mom and dad all went (they showed it to me when I was 6) and they all loved it too. Let's here how everyone else liked it.......
Last edited by LIER ONE on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's on and we're going!"

Snow24

Re: Your review

Post by Snow24 »

That is awasome man.... I'm so jealous that i couldnt go with everyone...

coney island warrior

Post by coney island warrior »

LIER ONE wrote: Just got home from the CONCLAVE. Got there early and had a NATHAN'S hot dog. Walked down the block and it was great to see all the various WARRIORS stuff on people. From people in Vests and full WARRIORS gear. to every shirt from the net (The BASEBALL FURIES were WELL represented although nobody was in face paint). We waited around for a little while then the cast arrived. We were then lined up outside for the autographs. I was third on line and got in pretty much right away. I only need FOX's sig, but stopped at each cast member to see if they remembered meeting me in the past (2 other times for some of the cast). Most actually did! I gave them each a pack of mini-patches that I did (ROUGES, TURNBULL AC' (movie logo), WARRIORS ROCKER and WARBIRD, THE WARRIORS logo) they al were EXTREMELY thankful. Snow even gave me a signed pic for free. Then was the meet & greet but I already spoke with the before and when we spoke about the patches that I waited a few minutes and then they started to let people in to the theater. I do have to say that the organization could have been a little better. I went to put my jersey in the car and almost wasn't allowed back in. We went in to the "theater" (wasn't really but it was perfect, we were a block from the WONDER WHEEL!!!)of bleechers and no A/C (it was hotttttt!!). It was great to watch the flick with FANSSSS!! Yelling lines, clanking bottles. I will let others talk about the Q/A (nothing us FANS!! didn't already know). I just stood up on the top row of the bleechers smiling!! It was a great night. my first in Coney and i have lived here in NYC for 34 years. My wife, cousing, mom and dad all went (they showed it to me when I was 6) and they all loved it too. Let's here how everyone else liked it.......

it was alright it could have been better and cheaper.. the one 4 years ago was way better

DEEM KD

Post by DEEM KD »

yea, i agree....all in all it was a good time... and all the cast were extremely nice...i had tickets for the late showing but got there early and actually caught the cast in nathans grabbin some hotdogs.. there was also a guy there claiming he was one of the baseball furies (red&black face)..he kinda looked the part and he also had some pay stubs from paramount which looked older than the bible..so i guess it was him. he said his name was danny...extremely cool dude... so it seems i'll pop this post's cherry and put up the first flick..(mind the quality..phone camera pic snuck during the Q&A),,but a flick non the less..
Attachments
0829092349.jpg

canyoucount

Post by canyoucount »

My review?  (yikes!)  Umm...  I ain't got one. :roll:  Unfortunately, I couldn't go.  Short on $$$ and parking is something I didn't want to deal with even with money, so hopefully I'm ok posting here, since I thought this was the closest thread that seemed appropriate.

But I will say that I enjoyed chatting with everybody in Secaucus.  It got real busy in there, but I was able to manage to talk to all seven without being told, "ok, you need to move on.  there're many others here."  It felt like family up in there.  I also got to meet at least one other from here on the forum.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

The Swan

Post by The Swan »

Hey guys, VERY GLAD FOR YOU!!!

Now, I don't JUST want to be repetitious and maybe boring... but... Post all the Photos you took over there... I wasn't, and other members too... Yeah, just to see what you saw.
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Is that a Warriors vest that Dorsey is wearing?
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Ninth Delegate wrote: Is that a Warriors vest that Dorsey is wearing?
YES IT IS!!!!

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

Ninth Delegate wrote: Is that a Warriors vest that Dorsey is wearing?
He picked that one up at the Secaucus, NJ signing and had it signed by all of the cast members who were there.

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

Wow ... what can I say about yesterday's events??? As it's still running through my head all that I experienced I'll post a couple photos here and write a longer "review" later.

Let's just say for now that attending the afternoon signing in Secaucus, New Jersey bopping my way down to Coney after the Secaucus, New Jersey signing despite not having a ticket before I got there were the high point of this week.
Attachments
100_0671.JPG
100_0670.JPG
100_0669.JPG
100_0661.JPG
100_0658.JPG
100_0659.JPG
Last edited by conan1982 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harley

Post by Harley »

I am JEALOUS of everyone who went.  I expect a full report with visual aids from all involved! :D

Tantive7
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Tantive7 »

Harley wrote: I am JEALOUS of everyone who went.  I expect a full report with visual aids from all involved! :D
OMG..Harley ,Your Back?? Good to see you Girl...

And to answer your question,I was there as well,and Yes,I will be posting Pics and more..Stay Tuned Boppers..Stay Tuned..
what can I say about yesterday's events??? it's all still running through my head all that I experienced..So overwhelming
[center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/lastof7t.jpg[/img][img]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6186/bret23bo.gif[/img][url=http://www.myspace.com/tantive7]http://www.myspace.com/tantive7[/url]

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

Did anyone happen to get a pic of the guy hosting the Q&A on stage JUST to the right of Michael Beck, in the Warriors vest and brown suede pants?

ANYONE?!?
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I think my wife might have. Why? Was that you??

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

LIER ONE wrote: I think my wife might have. Why? Was that you??
indeed it was!

and can ya believe it - i do not yet have a single picture of it!!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?