CONCLAVE '09 - The REVIEW

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.
mbeckoff

Re: CONCLAVE '09 - The REVIEW

Post by mbeckoff »

there were a few "extra's" at the event. He knew alot of the filming and even chatted with the guys. So, he probably was a furrie. Or an iddy biddy extra at the least. I am really happy that you guys had fun. When we know exactly what is happening with the footage I will post the info here.

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

LIER ONE wrote: 4NIK all my pics cut you off sorry bro. Atleast there is a bootleg video of you.
As if ya dint know already, it's:

Apacha ORPHAN Ramos, Tom FOX Waites, Brian SNOW Tyler, Dorcey CLEON Wright, Terry VERMIN Michos, Michael SWAN Beck, and some doofus with a microphone!

*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

mbeckoff wrote: there were a few "extra's" at the event. He knew alot of the filming and even chatted with the guys. So, he probably was a furrie. Or an iddy biddy extra at the least. I am really happy that you guys had fun. When we know exactly what is happening with the footage I will post the info here.
  I wish they would have made themselves known. I would have loved for them to sign my FURIES jersey. I want everyone who worked on the film on it!
"It's on and we're going!"

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

Matt do you know if that guy truly was a FURIES? He seemed to know some of the employees there.
[/quote]

The dude did have a signboard he'd put together that had several work vouchers from the film that looked to be the appropriate 30 years old. It would have been extremely doubtful that he would have been so outgoing if he were not telling the truth. He kept saying "I was a running Fury" ... he seemed pretty cool guy ...

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

conan1982 wrote: Matt do you know if that guy truly was a FURIES? He seemed to know some of the employees there.
The dude did have a signboard he'd put together that had several work vouchers from the film that looked to be the appropriate 30 years old. It would have been extremely doubtful that he would have been so outgoing if he were not telling the truth. He kept saying "I was a running Fury" ... he seemed pretty cool guy ...
[/quote

I am not disputing he was in the film, but was he an iconic FURIES??? Maybe he was just in the conclave scene. I sat right behind him and everytime the FURIES came on screen, he tried, but never pointed himself out. If you worked on the film and no way to tell who you were, what gang would you say you were in. Again, I'm not disputing that he was in the film. I'm really not disputing anything, just want to know if there was a way to prove.
"It's on and we're going!"

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

A while back, there was someone named Steve Grady claiming to be the yellow and black furies leader (his relative was selling the mezco figure signed by him).  Allegedly, he was a member of the NYC Road Runners team That were hired for one night only to do the chase.  He claimed that he's not on the credits as he didn't have a Screen Actors Guild card.  Could be the same for this danny chap.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

mbeckoff wrote: there were a few "extra's" at the event. He knew alot of the filming and even chatted with the guys. So, he probably was a furrie. Or an iddy biddy extra at the least. I am really happy that you guys had fun. When we know exactly what is happening with the footage I will post the info here.
Very cool ... it will be cool to experience this event again. As I wrote a few days ago I didn't think I'd even be there.

Many thanks for making it possible!

CAN YOU DIG IT

Post by CAN YOU DIG IT »

The Best

8)

Space Toaster
Warrior

Post by Space Toaster »

I can honestly say I'm awash with regret I didn't go. AWASH, I tell you! Serves me right for not tickets in time and stuffs. Plus I need to put my moneys towards books for college. But, I digress.

It sounded like a good time, and like I said, wish I could have gone. Would have been cool to see some of the folks from the forum, especially since I'm from New Jersey. Dag nabbit!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

triscender

Post by triscender »

yes was well worth it

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

I asked Deborah if that chicken sound was really her, or if there were effects added

She did it right then and there, and it sounded EXACTLY like it did in the movie, except even louder!
Last edited by 4nik8 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

kowolski

Post by kowolski »

LOL! 
I would like to hear any of the Q/As that any of the fans asked? 

4nik8 wrote: I asked Deborah if that chicken sound was really her, or if there were effects added

She did it right then and there, and it sounded EXACTLY like it did in the movie, except even louder!
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

ivanl3

Post by ivanl3 »

[quote="kowolski"]
LOL! 
I would like to hear any of the Q/As that any of the fans asked?   

[quote="4nik8"]

Someone asked Swan why he didn't just steal a car and drive home instead of dealing w/ the subway.  I always thought it was b/c 8 people could not fit in a car, but he said it was "b/c they were young and dumb".

canyoucount

Re: Your review

Post by canyoucount »

conan1982 wrote:

Of all of the cast members that were there I was most in awe of meeting Deborah. Yes, she had played Mercy in The Warriors, but she was also Reva in Walter Hill's "Streets of Fire" which is my second favorite film by him.
Interestingly, our dear DJ (L. Thigpen) played a subway motorwoman in Streets of Fire.
"Look at me!  I'm the one who did this to you!  Remember me."

"You didn't walk with Jojo, you walked among him.  If you stared at him long enough, you could watch him grow fatter by the hour."

D.kidly

CONCLAVE 09 The REVIEW

Post by D.kidly »

Im cheap, for my part.  id say I was throwing my two cents in, but since Im cheap, im keping that too.

I know, I know, Ill try to lay off the stupid jokes....
[url=http://tierussianwoman.w-ru.com/]find russian girl[/url]