Coney Island Cast Reunion of The Warriors 09/13/2015

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.
Ninth Delegate

Re: Coney Island Cast Reunion of The Warriors 09/13/2015

Post by Ninth Delegate »

I wonder if all the furies have each been portrayed by 2 different stuntmen and each set aren't aware of each other?
There's 13 listed on imdb, and that's not including the ones listed as Punks who say they did double duty. (although imdb isn't a 100% guarantee of etched in stone truth)

Leon Delaney of the Punks, has always claimed he was the Orange face fury. Eddie Hatch of the punks is claiming he was the Afro American fury with the blue half face (who we always thought was American ninja actor Steve James). Is there a Punk with a big nose like this guy?
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Also Rob Ryder (the tallest Punk) says he was the purple fury. Steve Chambers says he was the purple fury.

Scaley

Post by Scaley »

Cochese wrote:
turnbull gbr wrote:Maybe the guy was getting orange and red mixed up? Surely there can't be two guys both with noses like that!
Who you calling big nose?? You're nose is going to be 3ft wide across your face in a moment! :lol: Sorry! Couldn't resist ;) Anyway, that's a good theory! There can't be much benefit in life to being an "orange" Fury lookalikey, can there?? ;)
Who nose???

redwood

Post by redwood »

Who nose???

LOL.

Well I hope the fake guy didn't sign anybodies items if they had other sigs too. I would be gutted if a genuine signed item was wrecked with fake signature.

So has anybody got photos of the Furies and other cast that was there?

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

I can tell you 100% that Eddie Hatch is the Blue/black Furies. I had this pic where the Blue/Black Furies is behind the Orange Image and a pic of a young Eddie Hatch in another film and it is him. Same face. Same everything. I don't know if there were other crews of Furies and Punks as all the guys at the reunion remembered filming with each other as well as who each other played. I tend to believe both Mr. Hatch and Mr. Delaney on who they played (at a sanctioned event) then some guy who was walking around with a bunch of lobby cards and a newspaper clipping (which is what the "nose" guy had at the conclave). Plus I think Mr. Hewitt knows who he worked with

Cochese

Post by Cochese »

Ninth Delegate wrote:I wonder if all the furies have each been portrayed by 2 different stuntmen and each set aren't aware of each other?
There's 13 listed on imdb, and that's not including the ones listed as Punks who say they did double duty. (although imdb isn't a 100% guarantee of etched in stone truth)

Leon Delaney of the Punks, has always claimed he was the Orange face fury. Eddie Hatch of the punks is claiming he was the Afro American fury with the blue half face (who we always thought was American ninja actor Steve James). Is there a Punk with a big nose like this guy?
Best theory yet! I'm going with that :P
Don't f**k with The Wongs!

Cochese

Post by Cochese »

LIER ONE wrote:I can tell you 100% that Eddie Hatch is the Blue/black Furies. I had this pic where the Blue/Black Furies is behind the Orange Image and a pic of a young Eddie Hatch in another film and it is him. Same face. Same everything. I don't know if there were other crews of Furies and Punks as all the guys at the reunion remembered filming with each other as well as who each other played. I tend to believe both Mr. Hatch and Mr. Delaney on who they played (at a sanctioned event) then some guy who was walking around with a bunch of lobby cards and a newspaper clipping (which is what the "nose" guy had at the conclave). Plus I think Mr. Hewitt knows who he worked with
Did anyone catch the name of the guy in this picture?

Scaley

Post by Scaley »

I'm pretty sure it's Bruce Forsyth.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

Ninth Delegate wrote:I wonder if all the furies have each been portrayed by 2 different stuntmen and each set aren't aware of each other?

My only problem with this theory is that the film wasn't a big budget film. If you have stunt people playing both PUNKS & FURIES, you wouldn't have multiple squads. IMDB is like Wikipedia and anyone can change it. Look at the cast they had up there for the "remake". I tend to believe the actors I spoke to personally and who they claim to have paid.

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Just seems odd to have different people on the films credits.
I think I may have a plausible theory for the Purple face. Both Steve Chambers and Rob Ryder are saying they were that fury. I'm thinking they are BOTH correct. Going by the posed production photos, the purple appears to be somewhat taller than everyone else (which backs up Rob being that fury). Steve injured his ankle running down the steps of the fire memorial and had to be replaced. Jery Hewitt says he doubled for some of Steve's scenes (he also played a punk).

Cochese

Post by Cochese »

Ninth Delegate wrote:Just seems odd to have different people on the films credits.
I think I may have a plausible theory for the Purple face. Both Steve Chambers and Rob Ryder are saying they were that fury. I'm thinking they are BOTH correct. Going by the posed production photos, the purple appears to be somewhat taller than everyone else (which backs up Rob being that fury). Steve injured his ankle running down the steps of the fire memorial and had to be replaced. Jery Hewitt says he doubled for some of Steve's scenes (he also played a punk).
Sounds good! Can we finally go definitive?! :?

Cochese

Post by Cochese »

LIER ONE wrote:I will post a whole review of the REUNION but wanted to say this: At the 2009 CONCLAVE this guy:Image said he was the orange Furies. I met the Orange Furies this weekend and it was NOT this guy. Don't know why this guy would make it up but seems he had a lot of folks fooled.
Can someone show me what the other guy looks like without the make-up, please?

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

Howdy all,

I was there last Sunday, thought I recognized 4nik8 from the 2009 Conclave as he stood in front of the signing tent, but did not want to risk being wrong.

In any case, after waiting nearly three hours I was able to get the one Warrior autograph on my one sheet that I could not in 2009, that of David "Cochise" Harris.

I guess all who's left are Cowboy and Ajax, though from what I've been reading the past ten years are that both are very hard too come by.

Peace,

Jeff
Attachments
JV_DCH.jpg
JV_DCH.jpg (60.69 KiB) Viewed 8782 times

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

conan1982 wrote:Howdy all,

I was there last Sunday, thought I recognized 4nik8 from the 2009 Conclave as he stood in front of the signing tent, but did not want to risk being wrong.
what woulda been the risk?? Say hello next time!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

WildBoy

Post by WildBoy »

I seem to remember thhat there was a group called the New York Road Runners who worked a couple of nights portraying the Baseball Furies. I am pretty sure that they were only called in to do some running scenes but not the actual fight with The Warriors.

Does anyone else remember this group ??
What's the matter - goin' faggot?