Warriors Fest 2!

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.
Cochese

Warriors Fest 2!

Post by Cochese »

This sounds interesting!

Warriors: What a long week. Anyway as you may all know we are in the planning the stages of Warriors Fest 2 which will include the Great Walter Hill and the brilliant Lawrence Gordon.
Don't f**k with The Wongs!

LIER ONE

Re: Warriors Fest 2!

Post by LIER ONE »

Supposedly new venue and a 3 day event. Says no waiting in line for autographs and free pictures. "Supposedly" going to be more to do there too. We will see boppers, we will see!

On a side note: Did anyone see his "tour jacket"?

Cochese

Post by Cochese »

Whose tour jacket?

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

RE: Tour jacket
Thin motorbike style leather jacket in maroon. Has white bordered "warriors" movie lettering across the chest (split in half with the zip) and beige filled diamond piping round the neck, cuffs and waist. 15 inch patches on the back and "can you dig it" written in white going vertical down one arm. Made by the same Pakistani company that's producing all the newer vests that's saturating ebay
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

I was at the gathering in September and although I waited on line for over three hours to meet, and have David "Cochise" Harris sign my original one sheet poster it was worth it.

One thing I would like to see, and get a hold of, is a screen accurate vest. Have any surfaced from what anyone has seen?

Peace,

Jeff

Night Stalker

Post by Night Stalker »

You're a true fan waiting in line for 3 hours for David Harris to sign your one sheet poster ~Kudos to you~. It makes for quite a nice addition onto the poster and hopefully he was cool to meet and well worth the wait. I'm sure one of these fellas on here knows where to obtain a screen accurate vest, as there are some major Warrior players on this site who know just about everything related to the film! Best of luck in your future collecting endeavors. ~Peace out~.

LIER ONE

Post by LIER ONE »

So the guy released to price of an autograph from Walter Hill or Larry Gordon @ WARRIORS FEST 2 and they are ridiculous!!!

Walter Hill: $200/item
Larry Gordon: $150/item

Was really looking forward to completing my FURIES jersey with these two "heavyweights" of our movie but the prices are way out there. I have been to cons where there are HUGE actors and film makers (not saying either are not huge) and no one, NO ONE charges those prices. Organizer says it is to go to them coming (flights hotel etc) but come on. I would blow all my $$ for this and the next 2 "FESTS" to come and not get any other sigs this year. You know this year all cast members will now raise their costs (when I first started collecting all WARRIORS were $20) with the WARRIORS from $40 to at least $50 and secondary (FURIES LIZZIES etc) from $20 to $30/$40 (FURIES were charging $30 @ CHILLER when they were $20 @ WARRIORS FEST 1). What does everyone think of these prices?

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

Those prices are a bit steep, especially Hill and Gordon. I think I paid $30 for David Harris's signature last summer and $20 each at the 2009 Conclave in New Jersey. Fortunately I only have two Warriors to catch: James Remar and Tom McKitterick.

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

The whole autograph collecting scene is not my thing. I've picked up a small number off ebay when they've been low price And all I ended up doing with them was putting them in an unmarked box and buried somewhere in the loft). I wouldn't be prepared to pay todays asking prices. IMO, a prominent actor from a film will always be more important for autographs ect than a producer.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

Night Stalker

Post by Night Stalker »

Not too many folks are going to pay those prices for a Walter Hill or Larry Gordon signature. I mean it's not Steven Spielberg or George Lucas we're talkin' about! It's all about the admission tickets being sold prior or at the gate that usually defrays the cost of what the celebs cost of airfare or hotel tabs amount to. Adding onto autograph fees for such just sounds a bit off. I do remember a buddy of mine picking up some of The Warriors cast autographs for me in Orlando years prior and they were around $20-$25.00ea., so going up to $50.00 per sig. isn't cheap. I guess these fellas realize their celebrity status and cult following with each and every show. Just my humble opinion. ~Peace out and God Bless~.

nico79

Post by nico79 »

those who go to the reunion of September to coney Warriors? I would like me to autograph a poster, I will pay the disorder nicolò

conan1982

Post by conan1982 »

LIER ONE wrote:So the guy released to price of an autograph from Walter Hill or Larry Gordon @ WARRIORS FEST 2 and they are ridiculous!!!

Was really looking forward to completing my FURIES jersey with these two "heavyweights" of our movie but the prices are way out there. I have been to cons where there are HUGE actors and film makers (not saying either are not huge) and no one, NO ONE charges those prices. Organizer says it is to go to them coming (flights hotel etc) but come on. I would blow all my $$ for this and the next 2 "FESTS" to come and not get any other sigs this year. You know this year all cast members will now raise their costs (when I first started collecting all WARRIORS were $20) with the WARRIORS from $40 to at least $50 and secondary (FURIES LIZZIES etc) from $20 to $30/$40 (FURIES were charging $30 @ CHILLER when they were $20 @ WARRIORS FEST 1). What does everyone think of these prices?
If the Warriors are charging $40-$50 per signature it's not even worth it to go to this event. In 2009 they were only asking $20 and last year $30. Along with the sales of the tickets they should be able to charge a more reasonable price to the fans.

Cochese

Post by Cochese »

conan1982 wrote:
LIER ONE wrote:So the guy released to price of an autograph from Walter Hill or Larry Gordon @ WARRIORS FEST 2 and they are ridiculous!!!

If the Warriors are charging $40-$50 per signature it's not even worth it to go to this event. In 2009 they were only asking $20 and last year $30. Along with the sales of the tickets they should be able to charge a more reasonable price to the fans.
After wading (read: ignoring) through all of Nico's messages, I just wanted to say they don't call 'em "CONS" for nothing, BOOM! BOOM! I'm here all week!! :lol:

Cochese

Warriors Fest 2!

Post by Cochese »

Hello boppers!

Guess who's making the pilgrimage to Coney again?? Wife has given me a "Hall-Pass"! :D First time back in NY since the 2009 Conclave! Would love to meet-up with anyone from this Forum that's going!!

On a little side-note: can any of you recommend the best place for me to stay while I'm out there?

Best,
Cochese

4nik8

Post by 4nik8 »

If you bring your original warriors vest, you can stay at my house!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?