Did Fox tell The Warriors about Luther?

A board to discuss meet-ups, conclaves, screenings and signings.

Did Fox tell The Warriors about Luther?

Postby Assassinman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:57 pm

I love this movie and will defend it to the end. However, one little inconsistency has always bugged me.

After Cyrus is shot dead, Fox witnesses Luther with a gun and it wouldn't take a genius to put two and two together. Now, the real question is did Fox actually inform the rest of the gang? Let's look at it with a couple of facts.

We don't see him mention it, of course. After the fight with The Lizzies, Rembrandt, Vermin and Cochise are surprised to hear about the other gangs thinking they did it. However, this doesn't mean they didn't know about Luther. It could be argued that they knew of Luther shooting Cyrus, but were only surprised that their gang had the blame.

Moving onto the final confrontation on the beach, Swan asks Luther why he killed Cyrus, meaning he clearly knew he was the one responsible. It could also be argued that he only knew Luther was guilty because of their presence in their territory, but I doubt that.

In short, yes, I do think Fox told the others about Luther's actions, they just didn't realise they were the ones in the blame for it. What do you guys think?
Assassinman

Re: Did Fox tell The Warriors about Luther?

Postby Ninth Delegate » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:26 pm

If you go to this website's homepage and look under the tab "Production", you'll see a link for the film script. The answer is there, in the graveyard scene. Enjoy. It's an interesting read.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby Assassinman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Oh thanks, I never knew. Goes to show you can learn a lot from a movie, even after 40 years.
Assassinman

Postby Tanner » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:30 pm

I much prefer how the film turned out to the original script (though the script is still interesting and cool to read for sure), but I definitely think Fox and the others discussing the Rogues should have been included in the finished film. It would make sense that Fox would already be aware of who the Rogues are anyway to some extent, being the knowledgeable scout.
Tanner

Postby warriorswannabe » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Website which discusses that and other plot holes - Headscratchers/The Warriors - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... heWarriors

(e.g. re the "impractical" Cyrus plan mentioned on that weblink - see the post I've put on another page of the forum about that - the Millwall soccer fans initially chasing British police across the pitch in 1985 - only to rather inevitably be chased back again when police quickly summon dogs and horses etc - a mob can be tempted to do all sorts of impractical things once told to - the Peasants Crusade was another example - that mere mob didn't even reach Acre let alone The Holy Land)
warriorswannabe

Return to Warriors Events