My new limited edition Orphans signed poster

Discuss and showcase memorabilia owned by members of the forum.

My new limited edition Orphans signed poster

Postby redwood » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 am

The other day I received a limited edition Orphans poster (think it was limited edition of 50), and thanks to Thomas G Waites he got it signed by the following Warriors cast from the Last Subway Ride event in Atlantic City.

Michael Beck - Swan
Deborah Van Valkenburgh - Mercy
Thomas G Waites - Fox
Brian Tyler - Snow
Dorsey Wright - Cleon
David Harris - Cochese
Terry Michos - Vermin

Tried uploading the picture but all I get is The uploaded file is empty.
I'm having no luck with adding photos to this forum at all.
redwood

Re: My new limited edition Orphans signed poster

Postby 4nik8 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:50 am

I recommend creating a free account at a site like http://imgur.com/

Upload the pics there, then just click on 'em to get a series of text links

The one labeled BBCode (message boards & forums) works here - just paste the link, square brackets and all
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?
4nik8

Postby redwood » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:49 am

I'm going to open Imgur or photobucket or something so I can put my pics there and just attach the link to show my Warriors stuff.

I have another signed photo coming from the States and I'm not sure how easy to get or how often this Warriors actor does conventions etc.
More to be revealed once I actually have the photo. It's just been emails back and forth and my payment so far.
redwood

Postby Cochese » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:16 pm

James Remar and Tom McKitterick are the two that don't seem to get involved very often. JR's appearing at LFCC this year and they haven't even credited him as being in The Warriors! They have, however, credited him for being in some film he wasn't even in called Aliens, I believe ;)
Don't f**k with The Wongs!
Cochese

Postby redwood » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:27 pm

I started contacting various Warriors cast from about Jan or Feb and have been lucky enough to have replies from 4. One was a direct reply as my email was passed to him but I haven't heard from him lately regarding getting signed items.

I still hope I get replies off the others but not looking likely so far.

The latest one I make contact with and just paid for a signed photo of is Joel Weiss.
I'm hoping it gets sent to me very soon.

I actually wrote to Michael Beck years ago but never heard anything back.
I've got 2 signatures of his now though.
redwood

Postby Ninth Delegate » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Mr Beck no has an official webpage and facebook account which you could contact him through.
These comiccons are the old memorabilia shows aren't they? I remember a bunch of us emailing them about a UK cast reunion back in 09 but they couldn't be bothered to reply to emails.
I wouldn't make it as far as James Remar's table. I'd get arrested beforehand for overly enthusiastically fawning over Kelly Hu.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby redwood » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:54 pm

I even bought international reply coupons so Michael could reply.
I waited for that post for weeks and weeks before I realized it wasn't coming :-(

Lfcc is a shomasters event. I think Memorabilia is now the MCM expo. SM and Mem or MCM don't get on by all accounts.

Memorabilia at the Birmingham NEC used to be great. Haven't been to Mem or MCM for years though.
Last few years have been Showmasters shows and I did my first US show this year at Chiller in New Jersey.
redwood

Postby redwood » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Can't wait to meet James Remar in London and get his name on to this poster too.

Still no sign of the Joel Weiss signed photo I'm expecting, I emailed the contact a few times and was told it would be sent once Joel has set it to them.
I emailed the contact again today to say if it hasn't been sent by Friday then to refund me my money.
Seems a genuine enough buy but going on too long and not filling me with confidence on it, especially as I stated I only wanted a signed pic from the Warriors and not an agency photo or photo from another project he's done and they said they're not sure what pics he has.
redwood

Postby Ninth Delegate » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Joel sends out a black and white photo of himself as Cropsey with a big grin on his face (head and shoulder shot). Appears to be sat in a car, leaning against something (dashboard?).
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Postby redwood » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:43 am

I received my Joel Weiss signed picture on Tuesday.

It's a 10x8 colour pic signed by Joel Weiss and he's wrote Cropsey on it too. I asked for it undedicated too.
It was also sent in a plastic sleeve and came with a COA (which I wasn't expecting).

Considering how long it took to arrange and I'd paid a while ago I'm glad the guy didn't refund my money when I said to if it wasn't posted by last Friday. He sent on Thursday.

Picture cost me approx. £42 total with postage.

MORE UPLOADING PIC TROUBLE.
I tried setting up an imgur account but that's playing up when I try to upload pics. This is a regular issue with me trying to upload pics online (and in the past with another site). I don't know if it's because I use Android tablet and android phone.
I only use a PC in work and can't upload from there due to work policy.

If anybody wants me to email the photo of Cropsey or my other Warriors stuff for you to see, I can.
And if you want to upload to here that's fine too.
redwood

Return to Warriors Showcase