Question regarding the lack of activity

Leave comments, questions or ideas for the website and forum.

Question regarding the lack of activity

Postby Tanner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Almost every time I come on here, which is almost daily and at least a few times a week, there are other guests on according the the counter at the bottom of the page. In fact, right now, it says there are 61 guests currently on. I can only recall one or two times that I was the only person on. Considering that people are visiting the site regularly, why do you think there is a lack of actual posting activity?
Tanner

Re: Question regarding the lack of activity

Postby Ninth Delegate » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:22 pm

To sum it up in 2 words. social media. We're in the "now" generation. and it's preferable to them to get their news and discussion from a quick browse on their phone. Given how constantly active something like Facebook is, it tends to be more engaging with quicker responses for conversation and discussion. Plus posting a photo takes seconds, rather than the pissing about of uploading to hosting sites and pasting links.
The only downside is the fleeting nature of those pages and people not having the patience to scroll through the archived posts, hence newbies asking the same questions over and over.

I'm currently looking into having a webpage similar to this (but with no forum) to archive the rare production photos and have it as a permanent memorial to forum member Tantive 7.

As for the amount of guests, a lot of those are bots and spammers. New membership has been put on suspension, due to the sheer numbers of Russian spammers joining up and posting tripe. I deleted 3 pages worth of spam, just from 1 poster last week. We try to intercept them before they clog up the forum.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.
Ninth Delegate

Return to Website & Forum Help / Comments