WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Leave comments, questions or ideas for the website and forum.
User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by 4nik8 »

yes, admittedly, an intentionally misleading subject - anyhoo...

So, I was looking at the board stats, and noticed something that, quite frankly, shocked me:

First up:

Total Members: 3200

Granted, many of these have posted only once, years ago, however, statistically, this shouldn't be a concern

Next item of interest:

Male to Female Ratio: 5.4:1

This means that for a movie that was supposedly geared towards young males, a full 40% of the members, a surprising 1280 of us, are female! (with men numbering 1600, and gender-unidentified filling out the remaining 320)
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

User avatar
triscender
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1541
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 am

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by triscender »

at least this isn't a sausage party

User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by 4nik8 »

speaking of stats, this is the highest number I've seen since i joined this site:

Most Online Today: 39
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

User avatar
triscender
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1541
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 am

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by triscender »

I would like to see a few hundred users on again like the record set in '07 (337 users in one day!). '05-'07 were great years for "The Warriors" - good economy (well what seemed to be), release of the video game, release of the mezco figures, directors cut dvd - overall tons of publicity. I was hoping that with the comic book, conclave, xbox live game and so on that we would see that same spike. however, we did not get that much marketing/ads this time around. hopefully there will be another wave comparable to that of '05-'07.

User avatar
The Swan
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by The Swan »

triscender wrote: I would like to see a few hundred users on again like the record set in '07 (337 users in one day!). '05-'07 were great years for "The Warriors" - good economy (well what seemed to be), release of the video game, release of the mezco figures, directors cut dvd - overall tons of publicity. I was hoping that with the comic book, conclave, xbox live game and so on that we would see that same spike. however, we did not get that much marketing/ads this time around. hopefully there will be another wave comparable to that of '05-'07.
Believe me, I was posting this...
---Most Online Today: 39. Most Online Ever: 337 (June 30, 2007, 01:36 AM)---
... and I've always wondered what happened that Great Day.

Yeah... and now? Where are the guys?
[color=#FF0000][align=center]Wanna Fight? Make Your Move![/align][/color]
[align=center][img]http://digilander.libero.it/ran.s/HoustonTheSwanLogo.jpg[/img][/align]
[color=#FF0000][align=center]"That's cause u guys r so bad they're afraid of u!!!"[/align][/color]

User avatar
kowolski
Rank: Riff
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:32 am

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by kowolski »

4nik8 Are you Quoting Clevon Littles line  :lol:


I often wonder what happend to all the hi ranking  posters here  :?:
I would have thought also that the comic and conclave would have brought some of them out?

Sometimes, just when I think we have filled all the pages here and turned over every rock about the Warriors something new pops up.

  I don't think that even the mods come here anymore?  There are spammers in the movie chat section that are going unchecked.

   
[img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/kowolski1970/cad55a.gif[/img]

User avatar
Space Toaster
Warrior
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: Someplace

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by Space Toaster »

Hey, I'm a wimminz! Hehehe, I loved that part in Blazing Saddles.

Anyhoo, it saddens me that there's not as much activity here, however sporadically I sometimes post here. I really hope we can keep this place alive and it doesn't become a dead forum. Maybe if we clink some bottles together we can get more people back on here.

And we need more wimminz back on here, I can't drool over partially-shirtless guys in tight jeans all by my lonesome!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
Ninth Delegate
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 2622
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by Ninth Delegate »

With a name like fornicate, no wonder he's on the look out for wimmin. ;) :lol:
I think a cold shower is in order for you, young man  :lol:
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

User avatar
Gezza
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:24 am

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by Gezza »

Yeah, the reason I have stopped being on here so regularly is because the lack of members, I stayed around when their wasn't many members active but then just had enough.
What happened to Kartoon?, I haven't seen GR99 for ages, all them guys would be on here everyday.
Now I never see em.
[img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Gezza01/fableandhalogezzado.jpg[/img]
[color=red]That that dont kill me can only make me stronger.[/color]

The Fox
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:21 am

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by The Fox »

5.4:1 is 500 females not 1280.


4nik8 wrote: yes, admittedly, an intentionally misleading subject - anyhoo...

So, I was looking at the board stats, and noticed something that, quite frankly, shocked me:

First up:

Total Members: 3200

Granted, many of these have posted only once, years ago, however, statistically, this shouldn't be a concern

Next item of interest:

Male to Female Ratio: 5.4:1

This means that for a movie that was supposedly geared towards young males, a full 40% of the members, a surprising 1280 of us, are female! (with men numbering 1600, and gender-unidentified filling out the remaining 320)
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by 4nik8 »

The Fox wrote: 5.4:1 is 500 females not 1280.
GAK!

I misread this as 5 to 4 to 1 (5 colon 4 COLON 1), when it's really 5.4 to 1

ah well, 500 bitchez aint bad!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

User avatar
triscender
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 1541
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 am

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by triscender »

sausage fest '09 up in here

User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by 4nik8 »

Ninth Delegate wrote: With a name like fornicate, no wonder he's on the look out for wimmin. ;) :lol:
Nice! ya know, most people don't get the phonetic element of my name!
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

User avatar
Space Toaster
Warrior
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: Someplace

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by Space Toaster »

It took me a while to figure it out, and when I did I felt amazingly stupid! :D

Then again I'm the same girl who saw a dolphin on TV, pointed at it and said "PENGUIN!" I was 18.

So, yeah.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
4nik8
Rank: Warrior
Posts: 3920
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: New York!

Re: WHERE da WIMMIN at?

Post by 4nik8 »

Space Toaster wrote: It took me a while to figure it out, and when I did I felt amazingly stupid! :D
eh, chalk it off to a resultant period of hypoglycemia, following an insulin spike

besides, mistakes like that while in a short, plaid, pleated skirt are completely acceptable

right, RIGHT?

(it is quite ok to lie!)
*****CI CONCLAVE '09*****
Image
---Apache----Fox------Snow---Cleon---Vermin----Swan-----------4nik8...WHO?!?

Post Reply