real gangs in the movie

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
katedoll

real gangs in the movie

Post by katedoll »

in the movie trivia it says that real street gangs made it into the film.

which gangs do you guys think are the real gangs?

moonrunner27

Re: real gangs in the movie

Post by moonrunner27 »

just diffrent menbers from local gangs wanted parts in the movie or they sai they would trash the set
maybe we'll get to waste a few heads along the way...

Riff

Post by Riff »

Look for a movie called '80 blocks from tiffanys', it is a documentary about the real NYC gangs of the 70's, think the movie was made around 78/79. I think you can find it on youtube.

If you watch that you will see the dress code of some of the gangs in The Warriors was definately influenced by what the real gangs wore at the time. The jackets with the logos on the back etc.

Some of the real gangs of NYC at the time were Savage Skulls, Savage Nomads, Black Spades, whether any members of those gangs featured in the movie who knows.

katedoll

Post by katedoll »

Riff wrote:Look for a movie called '80 blocks from tiffanys', it is a documentary about the real NYC gangs of the 70's, think the movie was made around 78/79. I think you can find it on youtube.

If you watch that you will see the dress code of some of the gangs in The Warriors was definately influenced by what the real gangs wore at the time. The jackets with the logos on the back etc.

Some of the real gangs of NYC at the time were Savage Skulls, Savage Nomads, Black Spades, whether any members of those gangs featured in the movie who knows.
cool thanks riff

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

80 blocks from tiffany's had a dvd release last week in the UK. It comes with a magazine article reproduction from when the film was first released.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

turnbull gbr

Post by turnbull gbr »

Ninth Delegate wrote:80 blocks from tiffany's had a dvd release last week in the UK. It comes with a magazine article reproduction from when the film was first released.
Oh nice one, i've been looking for a VHS copy but i've only found one on Ebay and they wanted about $90.

Out of stock on the HMV website.

Riff

Post by Riff »

Ninth Delegate wrote:80 blocks from tiffany's had a dvd release last week in the UK. It comes with a magazine article reproduction from when the film was first released.
Wow that's cool, didn't know that, will have to pick that up.

I was lucky enough to get a DVD-R copy of somebody I knew in the states a few years back, he ripped it from a VHS copy and did a really good job.

nightarmyWARRIOR

Post by nightarmyWARRIOR »

"The film trucks were protected by a real gang called The Mongrels for $500 a day."

That's the sentence from the movie facts. So, I am asking you, was that gang in the movie?

luna 51

Post by luna 51 »

Check out my topic in the hangout, i posted a web site that show most of the major gangs from NYC back in the late 60s,70s and 80s

Swan27

Post by Swan27 »

all of the racial gangs would some what be real (Hurricanes, Huns ect) But the warriors style is i agree exacly whatall the gangs were wearing...
Every one in my town knows that the Warriors are here!!!Image