Why the hell did Cleon go back?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

He should've escaped with the rest of the Warriors. What did he think he was going to achieve by going back?

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Good point, though I guess he didn't know he would be framed for killing Cyrus. If you watch the introduction (especially the deleted one) it looks like Cleon really respects this Cyrus guy and that he'd do anything to get up to The Bronx. I guess he knew a lot about Cyrus prior to the meeting, then he just wanted to pay his respects.
The one and only!

snowball fury

Post by snowball fury »

I think he was in disbelief that the meeting came to a crashing end.
We're going in there like everybody else nine guys no weapons

Amano

Post by Amano »

I think he was jus confused and curious, and wanted to know what happened and what was going on.

A better question is why the hell did Luther & the Rogues hang around so close to Cyrus after Luther shot him.

starcat the cosmic toker

Post by starcat the cosmic toker »

cause it looks like they are innocent if they stick around the scene of the crime....thats why luther stayed i mean
Last edited by starcat the cosmic toker on Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! AJAX IS DA MAN

Hippy

Re: Why the hell did Cleon go back?

Post by Hippy »

Coney Island Baby wrote:He should've escaped with the rest of the Warriors. What did he think he was going to achieve by going back?
The Reason is because he and Cyrus met early and Cleon gave him his Word that his troops wouldn't pull out any weapons.
Always be awhile, Not here much so don\'t expect much of a response

Coney Island Baby

'Right about now, Cleon's most likely got a nightstick shoved half way up his ass'.

Coney Island Baby

I don't think Cleon had met Cyrus before, because at the beginning he says: 'Everyone says Cyrus is the one and only, I think we better go take a look for ourselves'.
Last edited by Coney Island Baby on Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Fox

Post by The Fox »

I think in the book he does meet him?

Well Papa Arnold does.
[align=center][img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/images/thefox.jpg[/img][/align]

cyrus7041

Post by cyrus7041 »

What I also don't understand is Cleon went right by the Riff guards and nobody went after him. He marched his way right to Cyrus and all the other Top Riff's surrounding their fallen leader. Then Luther accuses him of killing Cyrus and the Riffs believe this beatupguy and beat Cleon down.
I know a lot of you aren't too happy about going out on patrol. Just remember this. Out of a street family of 120 plus affiliates, you were chosen for this expedition and that makes you special!

starcat the cosmic toker

Post by starcat the cosmic toker »

he held his own for a bit... he must have been a serious badass!!! does anyone know if he died in the book???
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! AJAX IS DA MAN

Coney Island Baby

In the book, there are no Rogues to accuse Cleon (Papa Arnold) of anything. He just has this compulsion to sneak a look at Cyrus' face while he's lying there dead. The Riffs, naturally pissed that their leader's just been shot, ask him what he's looking at, then start beating him down. There are loads of cops around though, rounding everyone up, so they may of stopped the beating and he may of survived. I highly doubt that he survived the elbow attack in the film though.
Last edited by Coney Island Baby on Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StevenFallonNYC

Post by StevenFallonNYC »

I got the impression that Cleon was really disappointed in Cyrus' death because he really wanted whatever Cyrus had planned to work out. He has a real down look on his face when he looks at Cyrus after he was shot.
Big Cyrus. He was gonna run the whole city...what crap that was.

GonzoNYC

Post by GonzoNYC »

That's interesting but I got the totally opposite feeling. As Cleon said in the beginning Cyrus is supposed to be "the one and only". Cyrus is this almost religious figure, especially as he is shot while his arms outstretched. I think Cleon got close enough and saw that Cyrus was only human brought down by a gun, not invinsible. I think his expression showed that realization.

BigMike7

Post by BigMike7 »

The thing I always noticed about Cleon's statement about Cyrus that "everybody says he is the one and only" is that he doesn't seem to convinced. "We'll have a look for ourselves."

That being said, I think he was dissappointed at Cyrus' death...
"I think they forgot about the truce!"