What about the rest of the Rogues?

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Coney Island Baby

What about the rest of the Rogues?

Post by Coney Island Baby »

After the Riffs slaughtered Luther and his cronies on the beach, do you think they considered going to the Rogue's turf and wasting the rest of their gang? Or do you think they let them carry on as an outfit? The Riffs may of figured that the remaining Rogues knew about and supported the killing of Cyrus. And for all they knew, some of them might of even played a part in planning it.

$now4Ever

Re: What about the rest of the Rogues?

Post by $now4Ever »

I don't think the Riffs just would let it go cause Luther must have told the rest of the Rogues that he was gonna kill the leader of the biggest gang in the NYC,therefore the Rogues would have to be involved in it. If they were not with it then they would have tryed to stop Luther.
Hope this helps.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9315/4esigqw4.png[/img][/url]

War Chief
Administrator
Administrator

Post by War Chief »

Good question. I think they would have gone and wasted them all since this was big Cyrus they killed!
The one and only!

Music Man Snow

Post by Music Man Snow »

Luther didn't seem to be any higher than a Lieutenant, and he also seemed to be acting on his own since he was reporting in to someone on the phone as you saw. There's a chance the Riffs may have decided to come down on The Rogues, or there's a chance they let them off with some serious compensation pending that they didn't know about Luther's violation of the truce.
" We're going in there like everybody else. Nine guys, no weapons. "

taylor

Post by taylor »

i don't think they would i think riffs would just let the others be but they'd be on thin ice
if any thing eles happend the riffs would finnish them
"the truce... is it still on"

vermin76
Heavy Muscle
Heavy Muscle

Post by vermin76 »

luther killed cyrus

8 rogues seen and heard him do it

the rogues we dont see at the meeting i'm sure would have had a big hand in the organisation of the disposal of cyrus

therefore i'm pretty sure the riffs wouldn't have just stopped at luther and the other 8 the others would have been found and dealt with.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/winniethepooh1611/wrestlers/takersigniture.jpg[/img]
I am the warrior
I serve the death machine
Losers or conquerors
All flash past on my silver screen

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to kn

KillerMime

Post by KillerMime »

Yeah, the Riffs would want to exterminate all the Rogues.  Otherwise, I think the other gangs would lose fear and respect for them.

And if the Riffs didn't finish off the Rogues, the other gangs would.  They'd know if they could bring in a live Rogue to the Riffs, it'd be worth a lot.
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/crypto17/ohs07.jpg[/img]

Daddy Cool

Post by Daddy Cool »

i think all the Riffs probly soldiered on to the Rogues turf and wasted the rest of em :badgrin:

Jake_100

Post by Jake_100 »

na no at all the riff's would have just wasted the group they where there when luther killed cyrus, because the riff's must have had fights with other gangs in the city and might have just wasted the only members of the gang that where involved in the fight if you think.

The Rogues might have been still around but not for long as ever gang in the city must have found out about the group that killed cyrus and the rest of the city's gangs would have no taken that lightly and properly ran them out of there turf or wasted every single one of them.

It seems like the Riff's are to busy to waste a whole squad so they let everyone else help them out init.

Kujo_87

Post by Kujo_87 »

I've gotta agree with KillerMime on this one,the Riffs would've finished off the rest of the Rogues,if for nothing else, to keep their rep up with the rest of the gangs and as a show of what awaits anyone who wants to test them.  And the rest of the gangs genuinely wanted a piece of who ever was responsible for Cyrus's death, so they could've done it before the Riffs once the word of the Warrios's innocence got out.

Can you imagine being beaten and chased through your 'hood by the Furies, then turning the corner and seeing a bus full of insane Turnbulls pull up to join the "fun" :shock: That would suck...
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8223/sig22ih.png[/img]
                         GO GET IT

Mugen92

Post by Mugen92 »

Yeah i also agree with killermime especially the part that if the riffs didnt waste the rest of the rogues the other gangs wouldnt be that scared of them and lose respect for them

Lion

Post by Lion »

Yup, I am also sure they went and haunted for the rest of the Rogues. Now, I wonder if they also found who Luther was talking to, since it seemed to me he was a part/affiliate of the Rogues gang.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Coney Island Baby

Post by Coney Island Baby »

Some on here have speculated that Luther might not of been the real leader of the Rogues. I think the Riffs probably would've known exactly who the real leader of the Rogues was and if they didn't they could've easily found out. If it wasn't Luther they would've definitely bopped down to their turf and wasted the real leader, but if it was Luther they might of been satisfied with just wasting the ones on the beach, and leaving the leftovers for the other gangs who'd have it in for them for killing Cyrus. It'd just be a case of who pays them a visit first. The Turnballs? The Furies? The Hi-Hats? I think it's a good point though that the Riffs would want to waste them not just for further revenge but to maintain respect, and not not show any sign of weakness.

I just thought of something, how do we know the Riffs didn't go to the Rogues' turf before they went to Coney? They probably had to pass the Rogues' territory on the way. They could of gone there, wiped them out and then realized Luther wasn't amongst them, and worked out that he was busy trying to silence the Warriors at Coney. But if that was the case, the Riffs would've had the Rogues' blood all over their clothes when they arrived on the beach at the end. :badgrin: