..."the best"...

Leave your comments and messages about the 1979 cult movie.
Lion

..."the best"...

Post by Lion »

Masai- "You Warriors are good, real good"

Swan- "The best"

Everytime I watch this scene,  I always wonder what went through Swan's head.  If I were Masai, I would think he was being too cocky and smack him right there and then.  I realize that they just got home after beating some gangs, but you know, I would take it as if he was saying that the Riffs weren't.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/METALTANK/squares.jpg[/img]

Storm86
Scout
Scout

Re: ..."the best"...

Post by Storm86 »

well I think Masai's mind was set on laying the smackdown on Luther and the rest of the rogues. I think after that was finished he was like wait a minute we're the best.
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]

Vermin/Swan

Post by Vermin/Swan »

Haha maybe Masai wanted to take out his anger about swan saying: "The best" on Luther? But you never see if he starts to run at Swan and says "Hey man, we're the best!"

Take care everyone
Vermin: "Hurt me, hurt me"

warlord jp

Post by warlord jp »

Thats how true gangs are, dont back down from nothing.
- I dont care if youre orphans or riffs, you F*&^ with us, and youll get your F*^$&*^ head slpit. I bealive thats a quote from the game,you can quote right? Or just quote from the movie?

stevo2k6

Post by stevo2k6 »

warlord jp wrote: Thats how true gangs are, dont back down from nothing.
- I dont care if youre orphans or riffs, you F*&^ with us, and youll get your F*^$&*^ head slpit. I bealive thats a quote from the game,you can quote right? Or just quote from the movie?
yeah u can quote, but dont cross game with the film though alot of ppl seem to do that :P,but wen ur in a gang its about brotherhood and honour,if u earn your colours u stick to them
S.Ritson

Ninth Delegate

Post by Ninth Delegate »

Even if Masai did take that comment as being a liitle flippant; he's a wise enuff leader to know that this isnt the right moment to start flexing muscle.  Masai would have been given as much information about the warriors as possible thru the night. He would know that the warriors are 120 strong and outnumber the ammount of riffs on the beach.  He would probably be thinking something along the lines of these 6 dudes have made it back home, even with 60.000 gang members after them, how tough arer the others. Theres no reason to start a rumble unless we really have to.

The riffs had more important issues on their mind.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/shaunographic/warriorssig.jpg[/IMG]
Laziness is a skill that must be practiced everyday.

adam88

Post by adam88 »

Well I guess after a night of horror and dangerous obstacles, Masai probably felt that the warriors have a right to call themselves "the best", whether the Riffs like it or not.  What better way to prove yourself than by barely escaping the hands of death itself, and using all your wits and skills to overcome New Yorks most notorious gangs.  After being blamed for a murder they did not commit, and only having a group of nine men, with no weapons actually accomplish the impossible, Masai probably thought let them have this one.  And if you notice, after Swan says "The Best", Masai says the rest is ours, as if ok you marked your signature, but remember were still the Gramercey Riffs.  In the gang world, everything is about competition, and leaving your legacy behind.  The Warriors got the respect of the Riffs to claim themselves as The Best.  Swan had that look in his eye, as if he just told Masai, we looked through the eyes of the dragon, and spit in the devils face, after walking through the dark abyss of hell, and still came out standing, Masai knew they had every right to say that.  But Masai also felt, alright let them say that, but for now let them walk, and if they ever want a piece the Riffs will be there waiting, as of now lets handle our priorities with the Rouges, and let the Riffs and Warriors depart in an honorable way, and let there next encounter be for another story.  Lets wait and see what happens in another chapter of our lives.

furiesunleash

Post by furiesunleash »

when swan said the warrors are the best i agreed because they went through all that trouble all in one night the furies, turnball acs,the lizzies and the punks and even getting shoot at by that pshyco luther :twisted: that a pretty long night

trixter468

Post by trixter468 »

when swan said the warrors are the best i agreed because they went through all that trouble all in one night the furies, turnball acs,the lizzies and the punks and even getting shoot at by that pshyco luther  that a pretty long night
Um. Dude? You registered yesterday and you have 30-something posts. Thats over-kill. Read the rules. Five a day.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2411/2237788641_1dd5356a28_o.gif[/img]

Storm86
Scout
Scout

Post by Storm86 »

Ninth Delegate wrote: Even if Masai did take that comment as being a liitle flippant; he's a wise enuff leader to know that this isnt the right moment to start flexing muscle.  Masai would have been given as much information about the warriors as possible thru the night. He would know that the warriors are 120 strong and outnumber the ammount of riffs on the beach.  He would probably be thinking something along the lines of these 6 dudes have made it back home, even with 60.000 gang members after them, how tough arer the others. Theres no reason to start a rumble unless we really have to.

The riffs had more important issues on their mind.
this is kinda off topic but roughly how many Riffs do you think there were on the beach? and was that full effect? I don't really think it could be full effect cus some would have to stand guard at the ahngout
[img]http://www.duallegacy.com/toon/linkfile/warriors/storm.jpg[/img]

PowerPaulie

Post by PowerPaulie »

I think Swan is totaly fed up with everything...and really think they are the best...although the Riffs came in big numbers, the Warriors are on home turf. So if anything would happen, they'd have that advantage.
I can't make it!
You sure?
Yeah, I'm sure.
Good... I'm sick of running from these wimps.

stevo2k7

Post by stevo2k7 »

he was he had a hard night lost fox ajax and cleon who was the leader , maybe he said "the best" because they made all the way back without the scout the heavy muscle and the leader of the warriors, and he was fed up, its like the film zulu in a way wen they thought off all the zulus and when they came on top of the hill at end micheal cain shouts "what you waiting for come on" tht kind of fed up if you get me if u have seen zulu u shud know what i mean

Godfather

Post by Godfather »

I think he was ready, after all the warriors went through to kick ass.  Swan didn't care, he just said what he thought that they were the BEST!
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/godfather1969/GODFATHER-SSIG.jpg[/img]
Made by Hector

ajax the warrior

Post by ajax the warrior »

I thought when swan said the best to masai i thought masai was going to attack the warriors :?
Im a little teapot short and stout

back2coney

Post by back2coney »

I think when Masai heard those words from Swan he figured he would cut him a little slack....after all the nights action......this is the only reason Swan said it, he knew Masai would take it.
" Real tough mothers ain't ya! "

[img]http://looksy.co.uk/files/images/rare22_1_0.jpg[/img]